General Suggestion - Clarity of the spawn in lower Dblock - Denied

Pope Mobile Door Gunner

What are you suggesting? - I believe that there should be a clarification of what the spawn location in lower Dblock is.

I have not only seen Dclass kill GenSec from the cells that Dclass spawn in, but also have seen GenSec killing Dclass in the cells that Dclass spawn from. From my interpretation of the MOTD, both actions are wrong.

Otherwise, I have seen MTF, GenSec, and CI told that they are not allowed to enter lower Dblock period under the pretense that lower Dblock is a spawn area, yet watched players have firefights take place between lower(out of cells) and upper.

I have also witnessed Sarkic acting entirely within the MOTD, take control of lower but still receive repercussions for doing so, when there is no rule stating that they are not allowed to be down there, under the premise that lower in it's entirety is a spawn area (meaning gun fights shouldn't be happening between opposing forces in lower and upper).

All arguments I have witnessed are based on interpretations of whether or not lower Dblock counts as a spawn area and I think that it would do good to have clarification as to what is actually considered "Dclass spawn".

Lastly I think that RP functions should be considered. Stealth classes in specific have great RP purposed to enter, ex: Stealth Ops/Pfinders passing on information regarding Dclass revolt plans, and Infils helping supply rebellions.

How would this change better the server? - I think clarification of what Dclass spawn is could end with more fun and less sits. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  I can't think of any disadvantages that could come from clarity of the rules.

Edited by Pope Mobile Door Gunner
Proper format.

Please update your post with the proper suggestion format. 🙂

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

7 hours ago, Pope Mobile Door Gunner said:

I have not only seen Dclass kill GenSec from the cells that Dclass spawn in, but also have seen GenSec killing Dclass in the cells that Dclass spawn from. From my interpretation of the MOTD, both actions are wrong.

GenSec should not be shotting D-Class in the spawn cells unless they are not AFK and Shooting GenSec

Otherwise, I have seen MTF, GenSec, and CI told that they are not allowed to enter lower Dblock period under the pretense that lower Dblock is a spawn area, yet watched players have firefights take place between lower(out of cells) and upper.

CI Isn't allowed in Lower D-Block, MTF May enter Lower D-Block to get D-Class for SCP Self-Breaches, and GenSec may enter Lower D-Block to goto the Sniper tower or during Full-Lockdown. GenSec can kill D-Class while in Lower D-Block if that D-Class has a gun out or is trying to kill them or is inside the sniper tower. 

I have also witnessed Sarkic acting entirely within the MOTD, take control of lower but still receive repercussions for doing so, when there is no rule stating that they are not allowed to be down there, under the premise that lower in it's entirety is a spawn area (meaning gun fights shouldn't be happening between opposing forces in lower and upper).

I believe there is/was a suggestion already on the forums to clarify this. 

--------------------

+Support 

What I said above is to what I know the rules to be with Lower D-Block and if this isn't clarified in the MOTF then there might be more problems. Also people fix your suggestion to follow the actual suggestion format. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

16 hours ago, Coltable said:

The way i see it, Dclass have no ooc/spawn zone, they may use their cell for cover etc and can be shot at as long as they are seen shooting at gensec first from lower dblock.

Then where should D-Class ccs wait for their nlr if it’s all in character?

• Like 1

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

3 hours ago, islandtoad said:

Then where should D-Class ccs wait for their nlr if it’s all in character?

Either in the cells they spawn in and not engage in combat, or otherwise elsewhere in lower D-Block while not engaging in combat.

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

2 minutes ago, Rookieblue said:

Either in the cells they spawn in and not engage in combat, or otherwise elsewhere in lower D-Block while not engaging in combat.

I feel it would be easier if the rules were to remain in cells although it would be a nerf to dclass CCs as they can’t wait by the elevator

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

On 10/31/2021 at 12:47 PM, Sixx said:

GenSec should not be shotting D-Class in the spawn cells unless they are not AFK and Shooting GenSec

CI Isn't allowed in Lower D-Block, MTF May enter Lower D-Block to get D-Class for SCP Self-Breaches, and GenSec may enter Lower D-Block to goto the Sniper tower or during Full-Lockdown. GenSec can kill D-Class while in Lower D-Block if that D-Class has a gun out or is trying to kill them or is inside the sniper tower. 

I believe there is/was a suggestion already on the forums to clarify this. 

--------------------

+Support 

What I said above is to what I know the rules to be with Lower D-Block and if this isn't clarified in the MOTF then there might be more problems. Also people fix your suggestion to follow the actual suggestion format. 

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God" ~ Isaiah 41:10
Currently: Head Of Research | HOSM Sub-Zero | Ghost OA0 Emeritus Professor | R.A.U  Grand Commissioner 
Former: Security 1LT | Medical Supervisor | Moderator | Event Team Member 965374741_Designsemnome(14).png.95821f8db19c49555eea551835e2a17e.png