Thermal Rules should be better enforced - Denied

Water Splash

Thermals  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you feel the thermal rules are not enforced enough?

• Yes
    • No

Post name: “Changes to thermal rules”

What are you suggesting? - Thermal rules need to be better enforced plus thermals should be limited to the room they are inside aka call out the room in advert in addition to calling thermals and reason

How would this change better the server? - Honestly I'm going to probably get a lot of -support for this but i think this would better change the server as there have been several arguments on time limits on thermals and thermal rules are not that well defined and even then no one ever turns off thermals playing infil frequently I've honestly never seen players EVER turn off thermals and this is not a attack towards anyone in particular but its extremely annoying when I want to do some scouting and someone out of the blue calls thermals and im afraid to re cloak even after some time has past due to no one cutting them off in addition there have been several arguments where players accuse others of not uncloaking as someone could be in the room adjacent to where they hear the infil and that player being called out when they did follow suit and uncloaked to the advert i can speak for some players in this post that its making them uncomfortable too and lastly the player who calls the thermals should end the thermal exceptions could be made if the player had to leave but someone else would have to call it in there stead

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - No i don't feel there's no negative changes but open to what others say in the comments 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone who generally plays stealth classes plus make it more fair to those who just want to have a better stealth ops experience in reality someone name ANY thermal that reveals every invisible entity within a entire facility im not only arguing enforcement but pure sensible logic 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

Lastly before anyone comments Yes i understand MTF and Gensec need a RP reason but i want this better enforced because if both infils are dead there should be No reason to keep thermals on the 15 min rule would still apply if the infils hide and remain undetected but alot of mtf forget to turn off thermals when there is clearly no threat anymore 

Edited by Water Splash
  • Like 2

Another thing to note jobs that involve stealth/cloaking are not being used as much as it becomes more stressful to play on said class the server should have a fun environment not a game of debate about he said or she said or what he or she did folk should not have to feel stressed over any job there on 

bruh the scenario you described could be dealt with by staff

Upon the reason thermals being activated is handled, the initial activating individual, or a team member if the initial activator has died, must then advert that thermals are being deactivated. This deactivates thermals for all personnel on their team.

When it comes to thermals being activated only around the person that adverted it I feel this would lead to too much confusion and mistakes -Support

Now something I would like to see is thermals deactivate after a certain time period (ex: 5/10 minutes)

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

3 hours ago, Cloaker said:

bruh the scenario you described could be dealt with by staff

When it comes to thermals being activated only around the person that adverted it I feel this would lead to too much confusion and mistakes -Support

Now something I would like to see is thermals deactivate after a certain time period (ex: 5/10 minutes)

That's allso what I'm trying to argue too but to be honest it's more on the mtf side then it is CI as we don't use thermals nearly as much as they do but that's besides the point 

22 hours ago, Shin said:

I would say

"When a person calls thermals, the infil must uncloak whenever near the player that called thermals. Multiple people can also call thermals and the same rule applies." Makes it more realistic

-support this for multiple reasons, the first reason is that it will be really hard to enforce and can confuse a lot of people. The cloak entity first needs to find out who even called thermals in the first place, it's simple look at the name of who adverted it but I bet most people don't even read the name of the person that adverted it. Also, you need to find the persons ingame name when they are near, you have to either be close to them to read there name but they will probably be moving or talk in chat to see who you are talking to. Second reason, if thermals are called it is usually called out in TS this means that most MTF should know about the cloaked entity in Comms which means there is no use for 50 thermal adverts for every single person in chat, it's a lot easier if one person adverts it instead.

22 hours ago, Water Splash said:

plus thermals should be limited to the room they are inside aka call out the room in advert in addition to calling thermals and reason

-support on this part, most people don't even know a lot of the rooms on the site plus it takes too much time and needs more description. For example "Activating Thermals" Then you need to advert the reason plus the room so in order "Activating Thermals" "Reason: Cloaked induvial, Room: Upper HCZ Hallways". You can see multiple problems with this system. First, you really can't specify the HCZ Hallways you could say 049 Hall but the Cloaked entity will move out of it quickly. You could also say 096 room but which room? There are technically 2 different rooms in that one single cell same thing with 049 and almost all of the cells. You could just make it the entire hallway or the entire cell but again it will be easy to leave that area, then you would need to advert it again and again for the different rooms.

22 hours ago, Water Splash said:

Thermal rules need to be better enforced

+support on this, Thermals need to be enforced more. I also think that they should be more specific in the MOTD

Edited by Gyara

Former Nu7 Command Member
497911031_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1).gif.a0b095d662cf5f49ededd5d8ebbf6245.gif

-support on the thermals in the room thing.

People could use it to meta-game or they could just leave the room and recloak.

To be honest I was under the impression that after 5 mins they were automatically off similar to hands-up and partial lockdown in D-Block. 

As well as I've heard that if one person calls thermals that whole branch activates theirs in rp just to not flood the chatbox.

I would love to get a thermals swep (I know it will never happen) but unless we do get a swep I doubt thermals rules will change very far off of what they are now.

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

10 hours ago, islandtoad said:

-support on the thermals in the room thing.

People could use it to meta-game or they could just leave the room and recloak.

To be honest I was under the impression that after 5 mins they were automatically off similar to hands-up and partial lockdown in D-Block. 

As well as I've heard that if one person calls thermals that whole branch activates theirs in rp just to not flood the chatbox.

I would love to get a thermals swep (I know it will never happen) but unless we do get a swep I doubt thermals rules will change very far off of what they are now.

yeah

-support

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

People call thermals to metagame by calling thermals the moment they see an Infil, SO, or Pfinder on. Instead of having to give a room as a reason I think a general area is somewhat of a reasonable compromise. 

ECZ, LCZ, HCZ, Upper DBLOCK, Surface, ect. Facts are, honor-less players are going to not uncloak anyway. I think that also removing a reason and just having an area in general will also improve the experience of the player calling thermals by shortening the reason to a location, and improve the experience of the Infil, SO, or Pfinder by allowing them to ignore the call if they are not in the area. To address the issue argument of exiting the area of a thermal call that minge callers will bring up, it's as simple as calling EZCP, LCCP, or HCZCP.

Lastly, I entire support the idea of a 5-10 minute reset as I've hidden uncloaked for 45 minutes without being found to see if anyone would turn off thermals(MTF will not, ever).

• Heart-Eyes 1

25 minutes ago, Pope Mobile Door Gunner said:

People call thermals to metagame by calling thermals the moment they see an Infil, SO, or Pfinder on. Instead of having to give a room as a reason I think a general area is somewhat of a reasonable compromise. 

ECZ, LCZ, HCZ, Upper DBLOCK, Surface, ect. Facts are, honor-less players are going to not uncloak anyway. I think that also removing a reason and just having an area in general will also improve the experience of the player calling thermals by shortening the reason to a location, and improve the experience of the Infil, SO, or Pfinder by allowing them to ignore the call if they are not in the area. To address the issue argument of exiting the area of a thermal call that minge callers will bring up, it's as simple as calling EZCP, LCCP, or HCZCP.

Lastly, I entire support the idea of a 5-10 minute reset as I've hidden uncloaked for 45 minutes without being found to see if anyone would turn off thermals(MTF will not, ever).

Actually that would be a better way to handle thermals less arguments from that too

On 10/21/2021 at 11:15 PM, Gyara said:

-support this for multiple reasons, the first reason is that it will be really hard to enforce and can confuse a lot of people. The cloak entity first needs to find out who even called thermals in the first place, it's simple look at the name of who adverted it but I bet most people don't even read the name of the person that adverted it. Also, you need to find the persons ingame name when they are near, you have to either be close to them to read there name but they will probably be moving or talk in chat to see who you are talking to. Second reason, if thermals are called it is usually called out in TS this means that most MTF should know about the cloaked entity in Comms which means there is no use for 50 thermal adverts for every single person in chat, it's a lot easier if one person adverts it instead.

-support on this part, most people don't even know a lot of the rooms on the site plus it takes too much time and needs more description. For example "Activating Thermals" Then you need to advert the reason plus the room so in order "Activating Thermals" "Reason: Cloaked induvial, Room: Upper HCZ Hallways". You can see multiple problems with this system. First, you really can't specify the HCZ Hallways you could say 049 Hall but the Cloaked entity will move out of it quickly. You could also say 096 room but which room? There are technically 2 different rooms in that one single cell same thing with 049 and almost all of the cells. You could just make it the entire hallway or the entire cell but again it will be easy to leave that area, then you would need to advert it again and again for the different rooms.

+support on this, Thermals need to be enforced more. I also think that they should be more specific in the MOTD

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

• 2 weeks later...