General Suggestion I allow researcher to creating hazards, anomalies - Denied

MR.volcano

Post name: to allow researcher creating hazards, anomalies,etc

What are you suggesting? - why rnd are allowed to create hazards, anomalies but not researcher (in rnd sop they aren't restricted to create hazards, anomalies which mean they allowed to do that)i know a lot of you guys are gonna say "people will abuse" this but they won't be able to do it if they need permission from their higher up and they need permission from ET.

How would this change better the server? - i think it can create more mini events in my perspective i think mini events are more fun because it's shot and it create less lag.Researcher would be able to bring a fun rp situation to the server.I once made some monkeys "i didn't knew i wasn't allowed to it and yes i did got warned for this" and it caused code ragnarok both ci and foundation team up and started to kill monke literally everyone enjoyed it even d-class that because they were the monkeys.this is what i think if this post get accepted players would get tons of new activity a lot of activity to do not only the researchers everyone would get tons of stuff to do(everyone because everyone has d-class whitelist)

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. none if the researchers are required to get permission from higher up and ET

Who would this change mostly benefit? d-class and researchers (everyone actually because everyone has d-class whitelist)

This is definitely a branch suggestion, however, I'll respond here now that it's posted.

The rule you are referring to is under the section General Rules number 10;
"Never under any circumstances should you conduct ‘Mad Scientist’ experimentation. i.e. creating hazards, anomalies, weapons, etc. "

The reasoning behind the initial implementation of the rule is as follows;

#1. We're Foundation Researchers, our job is to Secure, Contain and Protect. Not Create, Weaponize and Destroy.
#2. The act of creating hazards or anomalies can be abused significantly, and I'd rather not allow for the creation of potential problems among other players or staff members.
#3. While I understand it encourages RP, but the most I've seen is harming RP. Every time somebody has "created" an anomaly or monster, its always some obscure 'serum' that has no role-play behind it; example: How was it created? How does it work? What reactions happen within test subjects. Not to mention, it also slightly breaks RP seeing a giant ogre or a spider running through LCZ all of a sudden.

I still stand by the decision, and I will not be removing this rule any time soon. 
For the future, please use our discord suggestions channel for any branch related changes, as this sub-forum is used for changes to the server.
Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Like 1

Founder of Aperture Science | Retired Head of Research | Retired Event Team Leader | Current Metal Head
Secure. Contain. Protect.

-Support

The HOR doesn't want this change to happen to Research. 

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Sixx said:

-Support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 6/13/2021 at 4:14 AM, Sixx said:

-Support

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

On 6/12/2021 at 7:14 PM, Sixx said:

-Support

SCPRP | Mr. Inactive | Resigned

Former: Admin Maintenance Foreman Head Of H.L.P.R. Bot | MTF E11 SSGT Bulborb L1GT

[On CC's] Frank West MTF ETA 10 U2 "See No Evil"

spacer.png

It's because the foundation should be focused on ways of testing on SCP's that wouldn't potentially destroy the foundation. if you wanna do mad scientist shit join CI RND. 

-support

'Cause you can't feel my anger
You can't feel my pain
You can't feel my torment
Driving me insane

On 6/23/2021 at 12:57 PM, Gordan said:

It's because the foundation should be focused on ways of testing on SCP's that wouldn't potentially destroy the foundation. if you wanna do mad scientist shit join CI RND. 

-support

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF