Maynard NLR Change - Denied

Ze Blightcaller

NLR change  

10 members have voted

1. 1. for support+ ppl choose between the two NLR

• 5 min NLR
    • 10 min NLR

Post name: Maynard's NLR being changed to ether 5min or 10min

What are you suggesting? -  Maynard NLR being Changed to ether 5 min or 10 min because of the reasons being that maynard players risk their positions easily giving MTF chances to capture him. The maynard players who are literally undercover Ci with a level 4 can come back  after 3 mins to repeat the same risks and not actually be undercover. I've Seen a Maynard who sabotage lights right infront of MTF just to get mowed down and after the fact of 3 mins he try's again for lockdown right in front of MTF.

How would this change better the server? - The Fact that Maynard is a infiltrator in disguise and not the ideal of a side bright but purposely makes trouble. I have seen Maynard players literally risk their cover and not think about the risks. This change would be befitting Maynard players to think about their actions before committing and the foundation wouldn't have a blackout of the lights every 5 mins. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Players will have to be careful about the decisions they make. Maynard skills is careful sabotaging, information gathering and blending in, not causing trouble every time is NLR is over.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - CI cuz of how easy Maynard players doesn't care for the fact that he can go back to his last task of sabotaging or kidnaping, if he isn't careful about the decisions he makes he could easily get caught and interrogated for any other intruders that could be around.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - Not at the moment

Edited by Ze Blightcaller

Currently: MTF E11 LTCOL

i think maybe a 10 minute NLR would work. but i can not think of it being any lower, as i've seen the entire site fall into disarray because maynard ran around breaching SCPs. Having Maynard CONSTANTLY coming back to breach SCPs again in say 5 minutes, is NOT good for MTF or any other branch. 

while it is true there are times where he does get killed instantly, there are MORE times where he sabotages and such without being caught. 

-support

Maynard 10 minute NLR is extremely unnecessary and would cause people not want to be on the job at all, even 5 minutes is unnecessary him not being a SCP. 

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

16 minutes ago, Consario said:

Having Maynard CONSTANTLY coming back to breach SCPs again in say 5 minutes, is NOT good for MTF or any other branch. 

Whenever Gamma trains for Maynard we tell them to not mass breach or constantly do stupid shit...

If you see a Maynard doing that just go up to a Gamma and we will most likely take away their whitelist...

Overall, -Support

Edited by M8VP ツ
  • Like 2

Retired CI LTCMDR | Proud Enuzer | Roblox Pro

1 hour ago, M8VP ツ said:

Whenever Gamma trains for Maynard we tell them to not mass breach or constantly do stupid shit...

If you see a Maynard doing that just go up to a Gamma and we will most likely take away their whitelist...

Overall, -Support

Exactly what M8 said. Maynard is not supposed to cause mass breaches he is meant to spy for CI. Sometimes he does cause mass breaches mainly to cause a distraction for CI mainly when it comes to mech raid he does that.

If you see a Maynard causing mass breaches without reasoning report them to gamma.

-Support

Edited by Alexxx
  • Like 1

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

1 minute ago, Alexxx said:

Exactly what M8 said. Maynard is not supposed to cause mass breaches he is meant to spy for CI. Sometimes he does cause mass breaches mainly to cause a distraction for CI mainly when it comes to mech raid he does that.

-Support

Former CI 1st LT | Former Head Longshot | Former E4 (D4)

Former ma blazzu | Former HLPR Bot aV4

Former SCP-RP Event Team | Former SCP-RP Moderator

-Support

People are trusted with maynard should know when it’s appropriate to mass breach and what they should do, if you see a maynard constantly breaching shit and causing trouble and not acting like a god damned spy please grab their steamid and name and send it to a mil or r&d gamma so we can deal with it

[Just Apple I Suppose]

spacer.png

Just now, The Apple said:

-Support

People are trusted with maynard should know when it’s appropriate to mass breach and what they should do, if you see a maynard constantly breaching shit and causing trouble and not acting like a god damned spy please grab their steamid and name and send it to a mil or r&d gamma so we can deal with it

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

43 minutes ago, The Apple said:

-Support

2 hours ago, Ze Blightcaller said:

I have seen Maynard players literally risk their cover and not think about the risks. This change would be befitting Maynard players to think about their actions before committing and the foundation wouldn't have a blackout of the lights every 5 mins. 

It literally says in the MOTD that you can't do stupid stuff with no reason, all maynards are trained to obey this. If they constantly do bullshit like turning off lights: it's probably cause military said so, if he's doing stupid stuff for no reason: CI Military will know, the maynard will most likely be punished.
SO: -Support

image.png

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png

I think I may be the only one but +Support
If you think about it Maynard is a better version of sleuths but sleuth has a 7X higher NLR
This NLR makes no sense in comparison to Maynard as Maynard is a LVL 4, Can breach SCP's when he wants, Can sabotage lights, teslas, and lockdown, can order people around, Doesn't have to wait for a raid, Can buy what every weapon they want, Has no repercussions when they die. and spawns inside the facility. 

6 hours ago, The Apple said:

-Support

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

7 hours ago, M8VP ツ said:

Overall, -Support

CI CMDR
CC: CI Requiem Squad XH-76
Biggest DMC Fan

-/+ Support

- I never seen maynard abusing the small NLR to do stuff like this when he knows he will die (except to kill people being interrogated, but thats acceptable as thats how CI reacts to that kind of stuff)

+ 3 minutes NLR being MUCH stronger that sleuths does look too strong imo, i don't know maynard's rules/training/lore to say for sure, but he is not like sleuths that just infiltrate the foundation during a raid, he is one of the few (maybe the only one) CI infiltraded into the higher ranks of the foundation, with years working for them and building trust, imo it would make sense lore wise that he is less disposable than sleuths

Former: Medic Supervisor (Command), MTF Alpha-01 Engineer and Event Team

+/- Support

Maynard isn't too annoying as it is right now. His 3 min NLR is pretty good.
Though I wouldn't be against a 5 min NLR. It would be a bit more boring for the Maynards but it would make them value their life more, teach them to be more discreet, and have them prefer diplomacy over combat.

I am strongly against a 10 min NLR. It is way too extreme. It would probably make a Maynard hop off once they die and cause another to hop on, voiding the NLR in it's entirety. 

Tl;dr Either keep the current NLR or make it 5 min. 10 min is too extreme.

• Like 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."