General Suggestion - Add NLR Timer on the screen - Denied

ripjaw56789

What are you suggesting? -  Visible NLR Timers

How would this change better the server? - Would actually provide a timer of your NLR left/a zone that prevents you from breaking NLR

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  None I can think off

Who would this change mostly benefit? - Everyone

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - I have not been able to find anything that would fit the description outside of NLR zones which only give the timer near the zones.

Edited by ripjaw56789 IFN.GG
Fixing/Corrections

• ripjaw56789 changed the title to General Suggestion - Add NLR Timer on the screen

+Support
Yes No longer will people have to set up timers or remember how long NLR is yes please

(Changed -/+ to +)

Edited by KCM/SM Zack Morden

Former RESEARCH Manager Zack Morden 
 FORMER SECURITY 2LT JFTO Zack Morden

Change is a good thing

+ Support

4 minutes ago, KCM/SM Zack Morden said:

Also can this be even possible to code?

Yes this is probably programmable as it would just be a small text bar.

Edited by Guinea Pig

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

19 minutes ago, KCM/SM Zack Morden said:

+Support
Yes No longer will people have to set up timers or remember how long NLR is yes please

(Changed -/+ to +)

I agree. But for me it’s +/- support. 

as i fell this could cause lag to the server with it running code for all players when they die. Also won’t the timer just be a universal one of 3 minutes? And then what about when d-class don’t have nlr and die a ton during riots constantly resetting the timer. 

In the end is a good idea. But if it’s going to affect server performance then no. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

3 minutes ago, Chief_ said:

I agree. But for me it’s +/- support. 

as i fell this could cause lag to the server with it running code for all players when they die. Also won’t the timer just be a universal one of 3 minutes? And then what about when d-class don’t have nlr and die a ton during riots constantly resetting the timer. 

In the end is a good idea. But if it’s going to affect server performance then no. 

To this I have a response, from another server (Not naming which) They have an NLR timer thats not triggered by Class D. However theres works with zones due to diff NLR Rules (But it shows it could be possible to eliminate the issue of it being done for D Class) 

+Support

Good Idea, 100% for it, thing is that yes, we will have new performance issues if it’s constantly having to track 100 players timers. Heres my solution for it, don’t put down a timer per say, but instead, have a Timestamp of your last death appear say under your Connection Ping.

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

+/- Support

• This has been suggested and denied before.
  • The addition of this would most likely cause lag. 
  • Branches have different NLR (e.x: Security has 2 minute NLR and MTF has 3 minute NLR).

Overall, it would be convenient but could cause issues.

Retired LCZ Manager Pingas

30 minutes ago, NeoID said:

+Support

Good Idea, 100% for it, thing is that yes, we will have new performance issues if it’s constantly having to track 100 players timers. Heres my solution for it, don’t put down a timer per say, but instead, have a Timestamp of your last death appear say under your Connection Ping.

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

3 hours ago, NeoID said:

+Support

O5

Former: DT CPT , CGO - Tenn Graneet 31st VCMDR -> Havoc CMDR

+Support

This would be amazing, I think I remember +supporting to old suggestion. This would only be clientside so there wouldn't be any server lag from it, also from other servers that I've seen do this most of them don't count down the NLR but count up starting from 0 from the last time you died so no matter what job you're on you'll know when your NLR is up.

Edited by Cloaker

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

7 hours ago, ripjaw56789 IFN.GG said:

To this I have a response, from another server (Not naming which) They have an NLR timer thats not triggered by Class D. However theres works with zones due to diff NLR Rules (But it shows it could be possible to eliminate the issue of it being done for D Class) 

Ight Still as I said up above. As long as we don't get bad lag i'm good with this. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

7 hours ago, Mind Stone said:

+/- Support

• This has been suggested and denied before.
  • The addition of this would most likely cause lag. 
  • Branches have different NLR (e.x: Security has 2 minute NLR and MTF has 3 minute NLR).

Overall, it would be convenient but could cause issues.

MTF Epsilon-11 Commander | Event Team 

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."