General suggestion: sewers - Denied

Its Buck

I understand this may get denied as I’m unsure of if suggesting a map update is allowed or not but i guess we’ll find out 

What are you suggesting? -  Sewer systems 

How would this change better the server? - I feel it would act as both a new entrance for CI /MTF and a hiding spot for, SCP, D class and CI, in my head I can see the sewer drains that maintenance use to contain a ladder and go into a actual sewer system which could contain the trash that spawns around the map, this would only lead into HCZ as to not be over powered. And it would also have a entrance on the road past gas station making it accessible to both CI and MTF,  it could potentially lead into EZ and LCZ aswell however CI and MTF could not enter it as it would be its own section secluded from the rest. Having this could also increase opportunities for ideas and new classes. It also would allow maintenance to have a new area to explore. Obviously this area would contain many key card doors and almost look like the old HCZ. That way it would both take longer to use but allow a better access point.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 

It has the potential to be really OP and cheap, but if used correctly it could add a more realistic effect to the server 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  CI/ Maitence/SCP(s)/ D class

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

Neutral Support/ Leaning -Support

This is a really cool idea but HCZ is empty already 90% of the time and the facility is already MASSIVE as is. People get lost easily and making a whole new section that is capable of being entered from Surface, LCZ, HCZ, and EZ would make a lot of brains implode and make it way too easy to escape.

Quick Edit: Also no tesla gates, which are sort of a balancing thing.. and have killed many a MTF walking through them thinking they're off.

Edited by royalderg

+/- Support leaning towards -Support

First off, I think you are entirely allowed to suggest map updates, they just won't be put into effect until the next map update.

Second, this only seems to really benefit CI, D-Class, and SCPs. If there are so many of the other three, Maintenance wouldn't be able to use it.

Plus, if it takes much longer to get through, it would rarely be used because of how boring it would be. 

Edited by Right Twix Bar
  • Like 1

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

-Support

It seems useless to me. Just another thing to keep watch and control of.

And reasons stated above ^^^

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

41 minutes ago, Southpaw said:

-Support

It seems useless to me. Just another thing to keep watch and control of.

And reasons stated above ^^^

Don't make the map bigger, I already get lost enough ;-;

Free From GL ❤️

- Support

first of all, there is no sewers that human could fit in foundation sites, but something like maintenance tunnels i would find acceptable.

but that would buff CI/Class D/SCPs and i really don't think they need it, and maintenance's RP would be far from the rest, lacking interaction

Former: Medic Supervisor (Command), MTF Alpha-01 Engineer and Event Team

You know what,

+Support

- Ok, hear me out if there was some sort of maintenance system. Sewers, vents, pipes, tunnels, whatever that somehow connected to surface in the next map update, it would add an EXCELLENT new aspect to how infiltration could work. Sarkicks and CI crawling through vents and tunnels, with the Element of Suprise? Currently, the only way in or out of the site is by kicking down the door of the gates, but my god if we could have CI, Sarkicks and Sleuths, be able to crawl through the vents or something, it would add a whole new aspect for both Combat, and RP. Not to mention it would make Maintenance a lot better in the sense of they can do a lot more maintenance things, rather than just repair cells when MTF need it. Hunting the escaped D-Class would be more complicated, and honestly cool. Rather than charge to the gate, they could just cower in a vent or sewer with stealth

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

3 minutes ago, NeoID said:

You know what,

+Support

- Ok, hear me out if there was some sort of maintenance system. Sewers, vents, pipes, tunnels, whatever that somehow connected to surface in the next map update, it would add an EXCELLENT new aspect to how infiltration could work. Sarkicks and CI crawling through vents and tunnels, with the Element of Suprise? Currently, the only way in or out of the site is by kicking down the door of the gates, but my god if we could have CI, Sarkicks and Sleuths, be able to crawl through the vents or something, it would add a whole new aspect for both Combat, and RP. Not to mention it would make Maintenance a lot better in the sense of they can do a lot more maintenance things, rather than just repair cells when MTF need it. Hunting the escaped D-Class would be more complicated, and honestly cool. Rather than charge to the gate, they could just cower in a vent or sewer with stealth

It is already hard enough as it is to be watching Both gates, entirety of EZ, upper/mid/lower HCZ and essentially parts of LCZ too, having an entire system that goes through the map that is pretty much cut off from the main map would be way too much to keep an eye out for. Just imagine how sweeping the site would look like

-Support

Current:           Retired
Ex:                    CI PD || CI RnD SR BIO IOI || SCP-RP Event Team || E11 Major || Administrator

9 minutes ago, Henessy said:

It is already hard enough as it is to be watching Both gates, entirety of EZ, upper/mid/lower HCZ and essentially parts of LCZ too, having an entire system that goes through the map that is pretty much cut off from the main map would be way too much to keep an eye out for. Just imagine how sweeping the site would look like

-Support

If not directly to the surface, I think it could be only in the Foundation, that way it provides new passages, but doesn’t grant a new entry point

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

13 hours ago, NeoID said:

You know what,

+Support

This is a cool idea but maybe have a max per GOI like 3-4. It should for a small team uses sewers and the others go to the gates. Maybe not allow d class to make a little fair and have something to alert MTF that it’s being used.

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

On 4/19/2021 at 8:44 PM, recon said:

So, vents? Yeaaaa sorry but

- SUPPORT

Kinda sus

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1