a suggestion to the cloak swep - Denied

Altair

What are you suggesting? - Hello so my suggestion is to let the 966 swep footsteps become silent instead of loud  alot of times when i'm playing against Pathfinders/stealth ops i become paranoid when i hear footsteps its hard to know there is an invisible unit standing next to you and act like you can't see it no matter what you do people will still keep jumping around run around acting like they are returning to the facility to avoid getting shot/captured which is meta game but i do not blame them so if there is a way to prevent this it would be nice also some people told me that hearing footsteps near you is a reason to call thermals if m you see no one walking around and about the level ontop of you when your invisible is there a way to hide it??? because they look around when they see my level they run away making an excuse *Oh i was called* *Oh i had to go afk in bunks* *i was heading to base anyway* *I like moving all the time* and excuses to hide the meta

How would this change better the server? -  If its true that you can't call thermals for foorsteps then i'd say less metagaming

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  nothing really just less sits

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  Pathfinder/Stealth ops/Infil/966

Edited by Tweety
  • Like 1

Or reduce the radius where you can see the player level atleast for infils if possible  make it that you have to extremely  close (basically collide radius) to see the level this might help too so if they want to meta they would have to move up to close to you and look at your level which might be obvious  is good for recording  this might be a good solution if possible

Edited by Tweety

7 hours ago, 2Chopper4 said:

I got an idea, when someone is cloaked, the level above them should be disabled so that way you cant metagame.

No way to do that sadly as the level is a completely different addon with it's own config.

tbh I wouldnt mind this happening.

1 hour ago, [GL] Mike said:

No way to do that sadly as the level is a completely different addon with it's own config.

tbh I wouldnt mind this happening.

Oh what if they disable levels? since we dont really nee em we can just check on tab 

-support

your invisible, not undetectable

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Benslaki_II said:

-support

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

3 hours ago, Benslaki_II said:

-support

I didnt say make us undetectable all my suggestion about is to fix the metagaming or reduce it they can still bump into me and call me out for opening doors also footsteps the only thing changing is the level ontop of my player that lets people bump into me on purpose or keep watching a door after seeing my level or alot of other reasons im still detectable 

52 minutes ago, Tweety said:

I didnt say make us undetectable all my suggestion about is to fix the metagaming or reduce it they can still bump into me and call me out for opening doors also footsteps the only thing changing is the level ontop of my player that lets people bump into me on purpose or keep watching a door after seeing my level or alot of other reasons im still detectable 

footsteps aren't OOC, we all make noise when walking, footsteps are actually a great in RP way to spot cloaked individuals 

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

41 minutes ago, Benslaki_II said:

footsteps aren't OOC, we all make noise when walking, footsteps are actually a great in RP way to spot cloaked individuals 

But you can't call thermals just because you hear footsteps near you

Raptor Team Owner|  Nu7 Hammer Down/HSU/SM | Medical/EFM

1 hour ago, Tweety said:

20 minutes ago, 2Chopper4 said:

But you can't call thermals just because you hear footsteps near you

Let me be clear. This has been stated by Head Admin RookieBlue: "In very specific circumstances, yes. Have to be in doors, not moving, any allied person not moving, and hear footsteps."

For the suggestion, I don't think we can make the cloak SWEP silent. As Mike has stated, you'd need a completely different addon and so I don't believe it would work.

-Support

~Your Local SCP Lead AdminAka: Rekti-High
The REAL Don Godfather 527 | CEO of the Minge Team | The Baby Joe | Leader of the Fish Mafia

8 hours ago, Rektify said:

Let me be clear. This has been stated by Head Admin RookieBlue: "In very specific circumstances, yes. Have to be in doors, not moving, any allied person not moving, and hear footsteps."

For the suggestion, I don't think we can make the cloak SWEP silent. As Mike has stated, you'd need a completely different addon and so I don't believe it would work.

-Support

Cant they reduce the radius that you can see the level from? because when you walk into a room you can see everyone level including cloaked units since no one really looks at people levels they just open tab to see can't it be reduced? my suggestion was kinda a question and a suggestion at the same time if what i said was true that it doesn't count but since m i'v been told it count then  keep it its actually good but my only issue is with the level ontop of your head is there no way to solve this?

Edited by Tweety

On 12/4/2020 at 12:15 PM, Rektify said:

-Support

Footsteps are a valid reason here are the conditions:
1. No-one around you can be moving.
2. No more than 3 PEOPLE can be around you, allied or not.
3. The cloaked person has to be in motion once the above 2 conditions are met

Once all conditions are met you may call thermals.
(Don't follow this as I have ZERO clue if this is right)

Edited by [GL] Mike

On 12/4/2020 at 8:43 AM, Benslaki_II said:

-support

^^^^^^^

This. Its the same as saying someone can't see that you have your flashlight on if you're cloaked. I can still see a beam of light emanating from literally empty space, and I will call thermals on you.
Donor job or not, if someone was this undetectable in RP, we'd never get above Defcon 2 since infils would be letting out SCPs as soon as we walk away. You're not undetectable.

-Support.

Edited by Ancient Aliens Guy

Retired MTF Nu-7 1LT Woods KLR1 | Hammer and Sickle Unit Helios S2

"A hero need not speak. When he is gone, the world will speak for him."

6 hours ago, Ancient Aliens Guy said:

^^^^^^^

This. Its the same as saying someone can't see that you have your flashlight on if you're cloaked. I can still see a beam of light emanating from literally empty space, and I will call thermals on you.
Donor job or not, if someone was this undetectable in RP, we'd never get above Defcon 2 since infils would be letting out SCPs as soon as we walk away. You're not undetectable.

-Support.

please read my responses i said if we can call foorsteps then keep it thats logical but i gave a suggestion for the level ontop of the player heads i said reduce the radius where the level show so he can only see it when his very close or disable it since players can simply press tab and see the level it would maybe also increase the preformance 

6 hours ago, Ancient Aliens Guy said:

^^^^^^^

-Support.

I know im fine with that but read my respond about suggestions to help minimize meta

• 2 weeks later...