General suggestion: allow D-Class to build certain rp stuff - Denied

Altair

General Suggestions

Post name: “General Suggestion - NameOfWhatIsBeingSuggested”

What are you suggesting? - Hello my suggestion is to allow D-class to built rp stuff like a small gun shop or a small medic field  very small ones  i know that D-Class are not allowed to build at all this could be due to the fact that they could spam props or build props to give them cover from gensec but my suggestion is to only make it allowed if they are building RP stuff because i want to be able to sell heals or sell guns as a d class supplier instead of running everywhere asking people to buy my stuff so bascially what im trying to say is if we could change the rule to instead of don't spawn any props to *Only allowed to to spawn props for rp*  or anything related to that i know this rule was prob added to stop minges but believe me there is alot of people who has no intent to minge and really just want to rp  it would be nice for them

How would this change better the server? -  Maybe make D-Class more fun more rp since all what we do is riot  or wait in a testing line for hours which gets boring 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  Not really unless a  D-Class abuses to prop to hide from gensec then thats not allowed

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  D-class  m

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

+/- Support 

I think it would be fine to have Dclass have a Prop limit of like 1-2. Mabey 2 prop's under 50 players, and 1 prop over 50 players.

But SMT have a reason for everything, and if they think even 1-2 props would be an issue I would be fine with that. 

Edit: also if Dclass are using props for cover the props would just be deleted and the person using them for cover would be given a warn.

Edited by Normal_Bagel

2 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

No the amount of lag this would cause is so insane that I don't wanna picture it.
-Support

Former Security 2LT | Former EWD|  Former OM5|Former Medical SM|Former Reznov Klushkie| Former SCP-RP Senior Moderator

4 hours ago, Tweety said:

General Suggestions

Post name: “General Suggestion - NameOfWhatIsBeingSuggested”

Ah yes.

-Support 

reasons above.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

4 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

No the amount of lag this would cause is so insane that I don't wanna picture it.
-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

5 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

Sorry i'm a little confused here don't wardens build all the time? isn't the same for E11 combat engineers also Ci when defending so why can't D-Class have a 3 Prop limit or 2  all these branches build all the time and nobody complained ;/ its unfair

5 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

9 minutes ago, Tweety said:

Sorry i'm a little confused here don't wardens build all the time? isn't the same for E11 combat engineers also Ci when defending so why can't D-Class have a 3 Prop limit or 2  all these branches build all the time and nobody complained ;/ its unfair

Combine that with the Blood and Bullet holes being made and it's lag central

If the staff feels like its to much or causing lags they can simply delete our props or ask us not to spawn and to be fair its only 1 or 3 D-class max whos going to actually gonna place a small rp place also keep in mind that only people with Bronze+ can spawn props so i dont believe everyone is going to spawn stuff

Edited by Tweety

4 minutes ago, Tweety said:

If the staff feels like its to much or causing lags they can simply delete our props or ask us not to spawn and to be fair its only 1 or 3 D-class max whos going to actually gonna place a small rp place also keep in mind that only people with Bronze+ can spawn props so i dont believe everyone is going to spawn stuff

Too avoid arguments and this post getting locked I will stop
(but if you have to add-on "Staff will remove the props" or "Ask to remove them" then why do it? It just feels like a waste of staffs time then and they shouldn't have to worry about that.)

-Support

Class D dont need their own barricades etc to defend themselfs heck no aswell the LAG would be intense 

Ret MTF Nu7 1LT SFTO Surge| Ret OH2 RRH , Retired SM Gensec |  No officer that 24Pounds of plutonium isn't mine

3 minutes ago, [GL] Mike said:

Too avoid arguments and this post getting locked I will stop
(but if you have to add-on "Staff will remove the props" or "Ask to remove them" then why do it? It just feels like a waste of staffs time then and they shouldn't have to worry about that.)

Its a suggestion we are supposed to talk about it   and its about making the players have fun thats why i made the suggestion i only mentioned that staff have to help if its actually annoying people or causing lag so staff will be rarely called and even if they do the sit won't last more then 30 seconds all they have to say is remove the props

1 minute ago, Surge said:

-Support

Class D dont need their own barricades etc to defend themselfs heck no aswell the LAG would be intense 

I said not defenses i only said RP stuff such as a small stand to sell guns or heals  -_-  i'v seen over  8-13 props deployed and never caused an issue it only causes a lag when its a specfic prop or major prop spam

Edited by Tweety

8 hours ago, [GL] Mike said:

-Support

PLEASE NO

I dont want D-Class to make a Femboy hooters for "Roleplay" 

• Laughing 2

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Tweety said:

Wardens have a prop limit of 3 barricades for ALL of them combined.

Edited by Sixx

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Sixx said:

PLEASE NO

I dont want D-Class to make a Femboy hooters for "Roleplay" 

boi i'll get on captain mei and do that

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

-support
RP stuff is VERY broad. Meaning it takes one to interpret it, making them able to build defenses, saying "Oh in RP I would do this if I had the material." or you'll get minges who put props through gensec walls to climb it, or just annoy gensec and use the excuse "If I had this IRL I would do this." It's to broad to staff. Not to mention it will create a lot more lag, because the biggest population on the server is D-class with a good amount of them donating to the server, meaning they have access to props. And to ask them to remove it would not work as they can just place more propsd after the admin leaves or another person who didn't hear the staff hops on and starts placing them. It would be almost unstaffablel, also the server lags enough as is on a almost 16 year old game that has average 110-128 players on it during peak hours, this would just destroy the server during those times.

There are gods in Alabama: Jack Daniel's, high school quarterbacks, trucks, big tits, and also Jesus.

-Support.

Causes lag, wil be used as Cover even if its meant for RP, and will just generally cause a mess.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector