Why Crim-Baiting is very much a real thing

[GL] Spoon

In order, to understand what Crim-baiting is we must generate a generalized definition of what Cop-Baiting is. To me Cop-Baiting is the act of attempting or successfully drawing the complete attention of a government official to pursue or draw them out in order to gain a thrill from being chased or shot at, essentially this happens most in high minge and even low minge hours as it usually occurs out of boredom. 

Now that we know what Cop-Baiting is, to me I believe that there is Criminal-Baiting happening alot. There's a difference between an FBI Agent going undercover to draw out a shady criminal. But that's not what I'm referring to. What I am referring to is the act of Government officials purposefully following criminals around or attempting to bait them into doing something illegal, such as shooting at them, getting them to rage and ram them. 

I'm willing to debate it further in the comments but let me know if you believe Crim-Baiting is possible.

USMS HC | PD Major  | SYP Owner

CC's | UMC RENEGADE/OG/VONTON/DOCTOR/Numb Gang/ Adams Crime Syndicate

5 minutes ago, [GL] Spoon said:

such as shooting at them

Already against the rules, it's called "RDM"

getting them to rage

Harassment/Player targeting

Iand ram them. 

against PD rules already since you're supposed to drive well and be professional on the job.

"Crim baiting" is just an umbrella term that ultimately will boil down to a more specific rule violation.

PD

1 minute ago, Lesharkie said:

Already against the rules, it's called "RDM"

Harassment/Player targeting

against PD rules already since you're supposed to drive well and be professional on the job.

"Crim baiting" is just an umbrella term that ultimately will boil down to a more specific rule violation.

Hmm maybe I should find a more specific term, for it then. Or a more specific situation

USMS HC | PD Major  | SYP Owner

CC's | UMC RENEGADE/OG/VONTON/DOCTOR/Numb Gang/ Adams Crime Syndicate

Your examples aren't the best but I agree with you its a thing and both needs to be stopped

〖   ImperialRP  〗
{ Ex. Battalions } Ex. Purge Vice Commander |Ex. Naval SSO LT
{ Staff } Ex. PRP Admin | Ex. IMRP Senior Moderator | Ex. PRP Event Team Member
 giphy.gif

• Head of Staff

every 60 seconds in rockford, another criminal is crim-baited. please donate today to stop this tragedy

• Laughing 2

ImperialRP SMT | Head of Staff       

Head Forums Diplomat

Former High Admiral | Former DT Commander | Former State LTCOL | Former SPRT Commander

On 10/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, frog milk said:

every 60 seconds in rockford, another criminal is crim-baited. please donate today to stop this tragedy

Shut up frog

State Command | State Head FTO

SPRT Command

"The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall." - Nelson Mandela

On 10/4/2020 at 5:35 AM, [GL] Spoon said:

In order, to understand what Crim-baiting is we must generate a generalized definition of what Cop-Baiting is. To me Cop-Baiting is the act of attempting or successfully drawing the complete attention of a government official to pursue or draw them out in order to gain a thrill from being chased or shot at, essentially this happens most in high minge and even low minge hours as it usually occurs out of boredom. 

Now that we know what Cop-Baiting is, to me I believe that there is Criminal-Baiting happening alot. There's a difference between an FBI Agent going undercover to draw out a shady criminal. But that's not what I'm referring to. What I am referring to is the act of Government officials purposefully following criminals around or attempting to bait them into doing something illegal, such as shooting at them, getting them to rage and ram them. 

I'm willing to debate it further in the comments but let me know if you believe Crim-Baiting is possible.

crim baiting as you describe it is already heavily against any departmental SOP. And following/shadowing known criminals (especially high crime families) is a fairly common thing to occur. Both issues (Copbaiting and Crimbaiting (as you call it)) can be prevented by criminals actually doing something instead of just driving around. When i am on the server i see contant reasons to pull people over. From minor traffic infractions to felony crimes. thus making crim baiting fairly non existent and when it does occur its a simple server and SOP infraction and should be reported like any other issue. 

~Colonel Ruben

"When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favor. " - Elon Musk

On 10/8/2020 at 6:09 PM, frog milk said:

They are in need of funding, we are getting de-funded by Crims 

On 10/10/2020 at 7:10 AM, Matt147 said:

By being poor I am constantly crim-baited by seeing someone richer than me, and being inclined to buy hundreds of printers to make myself money. I am a victim of crim-baiting.

I love the way you are thinking, then you will crim-bait when you have the money. Its a never ending cycle  

PD SGT/ STATE SGT/ SPHP

On 10/8/2020 at 2:09 AM, frog milk said:

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

On 10/8/2020 at 3:09 AM, frog milk said:

Delta Force~PPD
 Ex SS Deputy Assistant Director~Ex SRT SGT~Ex Swat MSGT

Ex SNR Mod/Senior Event Team

😈

Right as Ruben mentioned it goes against all dept. sop's and such which are realistically roleplay guidelines for each department so this would fall under FailRP, if any Gov are seen breaking their SOP or doing "Crim Baiting" as you say, they are eligible for a FailRP warn 

5q3NfnC.png