A message to CI and Gensec

Cogs

Okay everyone, It's clear that some steps need to be taken to squash this beef, as it has started to get out of hand. C'mon everyone, I know we can all get along better than this-- it breaks my heart when things get this divided on our little island.

We're all one community, and we each have very important roles to fill in the ecology of roleplay and combat our server has to offer. Bringing toxicity into our actions as a way to respond to others, no matter what branch we're part of or whatever disagreements we've had, or however wrongly we feel we've been treated, is never appropriate. Resorting to saying or doing things to simply "get back" at people who have upset us is wrong, and only continues the cycle and bad thoughts people have about one another. This needs to stop, and this mindset needs to change. It goes against everything the Gaminglight community stands for.

I understand that the combat-related aspects of the server can lead to some competitive emotions, but this has evolved into some rather unnecessary tribalism and it gets easy to forget that even though we may be in different branches, we are still all part of one community. We need to focus on bringing all branches' mindsets back to the fact that we are all Fam in this gaminglight server, hear me?

We're all gonna have to be willing to step up and do whatever it takes to swing these feelings back in the right direction, which is possible as long as we're all on board together to communicate better. Change always starts with the first person to say "This isn't worth it" and just choose forgiving over getting even. I'm hoping the meeting set for today will help set a foundation for fixing some of these issues moving forward.

• Like 3

O5-9: "Misfortune"  A.K.A.  "Mr. Unlucky"

"Accidents Happen-- Mostly to me!"

spacer.png

19 hours ago, Cogs said:

There have been recent events between these two branches has caused the relations between the two to crumble. This event, has caused so many problems for both sides, CI's reputation has fallen back into the zone of toxicity, security trust in CI has been broken beyond repair. Security is seen as childish by CI, and CI have dished out punishments towards gensec command just to spite them.  Both sides have been immature to an extent and there is a river of toxicity between the two. With this post, i just want both sides to get a message from one another. I say this as an Ex-Sergeant major in gensec, and as the Assistant Head of Research in CI. I'm sorry this is kind of relationship you guys have, where toxicity has become the norm. I mean for this post to be a bridge between that river, i want our sides to at least have a decent relationship that can have healthy communication and most importantly, compromise. I've spoken to multiple people about the most recent situation, even those who weren't involved, and after that, the only thing that can calm both sides down, is compromise. With compromise comes understanding on both sides, an understanding that i wish to archive so that the toxicity may stop, even for a little while. I honestly hate seeing situations like this, where both sides despise each other, down to the personnel level, and i just hope to achieve some type of understanding with this post.

this is very wise and needs even more support. Toxicity is very prevalent on the forums and it needs to be nipped in the bud. This isn't the first time this has happened and I remember being in the heart of the issue a few months ago. This is a repeated issue and this definitely needs more attention.

Retired CMDR of Epsilon-11    D-Class Main/CI gang/RHO 36 Detective     

~You say stop it, I say Gh0pit~

I'll just say this: This shits a game and there's better stuff to get mad about. Also, I'd strongly recommend that the people who are engaging in this toxicity join the branch that they don't like. Every side views something a certain way, and the only way for you to understand those views are by immersing yourself into their position.

I think I've been in every branch and promoted at least once in every branch by now, and it's definitely helped me a lot in understanding others.

Edited by BadAim
  • Like 1

Retired Imperial RP Super Admin and Grand General

nlr.gif.c10c8915894d33d93a43f1f20d667ae4.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • Bread locked this topic