Security Heavy Change - Denied

Private Marksmen

What you want to see? - I want to see security heavy M249 LMG replaced with a difference. I only have one option so if anyone can comment below for other alternatives I would appreciate. 

Option A: Nova Shotgun. I'v talked to other security and they have suggested to replace the m249 with the nova shotgun since it makes a great alternative to the P90 rather then being an extra gun you have and you never use. I have found that the P90 and nova shotgun sit next to eachother very evenly  in usage so I believe one won't make the other useless because the shotgun is good for CQC and P90 is good for medium and somewhat long range combat. 

Why should we add it? - The M249 is a bad primary and at best can be a some what OK sidearm compared with having the P90. Most heavies don't use the M249. The P90 is good and The m249 is bad. The P90 has 50 rounds, 26 damage rounds and 875 Fire rate. Meanwhile the m249 is 650 fire rate which is much slower, 27 damage which is just one point about the p90 and its only thing its got over p90 is its 150 clip size which is not that very good anyway. So I suggest we replaced the m249 with an alternative gun.

What are the advantages of having this? - Having jobs that have useless or bad guns in there inventory for what there meant to be does not show good managment of jobs espcially when those jobs have better sidearms then there designated primary. 

Who is it mainly for? - Security Heavy 

Links to any content - N/A

Note: I was told that security does not have jurisdiction of changing the job. I have no idea why.

Also If you think the M249 should be replace but don't want the nova or the other options comment below of other alternatives you think is better and I'll edit it the the suggesten.

-Support
Have you brought it up with command? (I dont believe you have.)
This is usually in branch updates.
Heavy is strong as is, it can be played as OFC, We shouldn't give stronger guns to OFCs that they can potentially RDM with.

2 minutes ago, Crabbo said:

-Support
Heavy is strong as is, it can be played as OFC, We shouldn't give stronger guns to OFCs that they can potentially RDM with.

The heavy can already mass RDM with his gun since the P90 is pretty damn good. The nova is as powerful as the P90 so its again more of an alternative I believe. Also I talked to  some LTs and cryolast [I think I did with cryolast] And they said they can't just branch update him since its a donator job and anyone can play him even without rank and I was told by a captain about that.

38 minutes ago, Crabbo said:

-Support

Should be in branch update 

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

-Support

This notion is unnecessary ,the P90 is all you would need regarding cqb and giving the heavy two close range guns in redundant.  I have personally seen heavies use the m249 in many good ways that would be removed along with its removal; the m249 is great for spraying down crowds of rioting D-Class. The m249 is a good gun that shouldn't be removed from the kit due to its situational uses, I would like to see what other heavies have to say about this 🙂

-support

Although I do not play on the heavy job, I know that it can be played by any donator with silver+. The Nova is a shotgun given to Majors and COLs, so it does not make sense that someone who could potentially not even be a part of Security have access to that weaponry. I understand you are open to more weapon suggestions, but still. Also, put this suggestion in the branch update section of the forums.

[SCP-RP]   Retired Head Of Security   ||   Retired Field Work Manager   ||   Retired OM3   ||   Retired Event Team Member

[JvS no more]   Former FIRST The Grand Inquisitor

1 hour ago, CreameyCheesey said:

-support

Although I do not play on the heavy job, I know that it can be played by any donator with silver+. The Nova is a shotgun given to Majors and COLs, so it does not make sense that someone who could potentially not even be a part of Security have access to that weaponry. I understand you are open to more weapon suggestions, but still. Also, put this suggestion in the branch update section of the forums.

SCPRP Director of Logistics, Event TeamFormer Nu7 2LT, Former Senior Admin

2 hours ago, CreameyCheesey said:

-support

-Support
I highly doubt you've spoken to any sort of Commanding Officer about the changes in question, let alone has this post been approved by High Command in GENSEC. The M249 while I can admit to being a little difficult to use to those who are not seasoned to using it, is an overall balanced weapon when used properly, I'd advise training yourself to use it in the firing range being as how it's most similarly compared to the M60 LMG which actually has more aggressive recoil, and is fine for operation. Also the class has been balanced in accordance to guidelines set by SMT due to it being a donation job, and being as such means that anyone can just hop on it and be armed with said weaponry included on the class, and having weaponry of high performance would imbalance the equipment provided to GENSEC and other MTF Operatives stationed at the facility. 

[Former] Director of Containment | [Current] MTF A1 RRH Operative OH0 | [Former] MTF A1 Executive Commander EC98 |  [Former] SCP-RP Moderator
"He who acts on his own desire, breeds Pestilence" ~ Daedran 2019 |  "Director Rangiatea is not allowed to do “!slay director” and claim Director Blackbeard had a heart attack."

-Support, this should be done in a Branch Update, but on the other hand the current weapon (To my experience) is really quite decent, it has such a ridiculous amount of rounds in its mag, and a decent RPM allowing you to keep up sustained fire for a while.

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

Couldn't you just at least talked to us about this?

Also uh -1 support this is a donator job and would be hella powerful to use for somebody that wouldn't even be in gensec.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

5 hours ago, _Alpha_ said:

Couldn't you just at least talked to us about this?

Also uh -1 support this is a donator job and would be hella powerful to use for somebody that wouldn't even be in gensec.

He talked to Cryo, I was in the TS during that time. Cryo stated he wasn't sure if he could branch update Heavies because they are Donator jobs. As far as the job goes, I'm in support of it getting a shotgun, just not the Nova. 

• Like 1

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

On 5/8/2020 at 5:03 AM, MTF OM9 COL Daedran CL46 said:

-Support
I highly doubt you've spoken to any sort of Commanding Officer about the changes in question, let alone has this post been approved by High Command in GENSEC. The M249 while I can admit to being a little difficult to use to those who are not seasoned to using it, is an overall balanced weapon when used properly, I'd advise training yourself to use it in the firing range being as how it's most similarly compared to the M60 LMG which actually has more aggressive recoil, and is fine for operation. Also the class has been balanced in accordance to guidelines set by SMT due to it being a donation job, and being as such means that anyone can just hop on it and be armed with said weaponry included on the class, and having weaponry of high performance would imbalance the equipment provided to GENSEC and other MTF Operatives stationed at the facility. 

big cat running GIF