NEW STATE RULE

The Echo

As of 6/26/18 @ 4:57 AM UTC

All State Police are to be in the STATE Police Radio Channel

-LT COL Echo

So how the hell do we communicate with state now. Just to make things difficult. It’s like making people go on the bloody job and not be on other departments. It’s like staff you have a ratio. Some of the rules you make are quite annoying and it doesn’t help PD nor other departments. Why not make your panic button only for state so PD doesn’t see it, means that I don’t send my FBI into something they don’t know what they are going into.

So how the hell do we communicate with state now. Just to make things difficult. It’s like making people go on the bloody job and not be on other departments. It’s like staff you have a ratio. Some of the rules you make are quite annoying and it doesn’t help PD nor other departments. Why not make your panic button only for state so PD doesn’t see it, means that I don’t send my FBI into something they don’t know what they are going into.

you can always switch to state channel to ask us not hard plus the fact this makes it easier to keep in contact with our team and not have PD blow our ears open on radio personally I do not see why you got a problem with it. Also sending your FBI to panic buttons 70% noone knows what its for till they get there and when panics are pressed its normally for usual reasons one would be pressed so this rule is perfectly fine for us

MilitaryRP Trial Mod|CERT/Trooper SGT|PD SM

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~Lao Tzu

I'm guessing its for RP.  IRL you don't have the State Patrol on the same radio as city police departments.  We have different jurisdictions too, PD should be in city for the most part and State should try to stick to the outer parts.  Putting state on a different channel will force us to stay in the same area, call each other as backup instead of some random unit, and increase RP.  Panic buttons should only really be used when you're in a life or death situation where you can't use radio, so if you see a panic, you shouldn't have to know what it is, you should be sending as many units code 3 regardless.  Not sending your FBI would be irresponsible.

BRONCO

Police Lieutenant (1A29)      ~      Trooper Corporal (1C29)

EMS EMT Technician

Valk was not here, fortunetely

Just be on whatever channel you wanna be on. If you are a state trooper and doing some operation or a particular raid or even a car pursuit, then use the state channel to communicate with each other. If not, then just use the Patrol 1/2 channels. 

you can always switch to state channel to ask us not hard plus the fact this makes it easier to keep in contact with our team and not have PD blow our ears open on radio personally I do not see why you got a problem with it. Also sending your FBI to panic buttons 70% noone knows what its for till they get there and when panics are pressed its normally for usual reasons one would be pressed so this rule is perfectly fine for us

The problem is that I don't Need to change my channel. I expect people to be on this channel. I hope this got approved by Snar because this wouldn't of Snar wouldn't like splitting communication from everyone........

I'm guessing its for RP.  IRL you don't have the State Patrol on the same radio as city police departments.  We have different jurisdictions too, PD should be in city for the most part and State should try to stick to the outer parts.  Putting state on a different channel will force us to stay in the same area, call each other as backup instead of some random unit, and increase RP.  Panic buttons should only really be used when you're in a life or death situation where you can't use radio, so if you see a panic, you shouldn't have to know what it is, you should be sending as many units code 3 regardless.  Not sending your FBI would be irresponsible.

IRL You don't have everyone in the same area. Unless Snar puts a limit on the area's then I'll start sticking to them and this change would be responsible until then not everyone has access to the State channel and not everyone has the ability to hotkey radio channels. Plus with not sending my FBI in is responsible. I won't let my agents go in without proper communication. IRL as most of my government as I know as I have had to use it once it sends a live frequency of 10 seconds of it being pressed I have the ability to say what I have needed to say. I don't say this without a reason I am saying it with a reason. Unless if the map is going to be quadruple the current size this is ineffective.

Commissioner controls this department aswell.

Look, I understand that you want your department to have communication with others, but its not like communication will stop, its easy enough to switch channels or go into group chat.  Also, I get that you don't like sending people into situations you don't know a lot about, but you shouldn't really know anything about a panic button if they're used properly, you can't just refuse to send your department.  And if the commissioner wants to change it he has ever right to.

BRONCO

EMS EMT Technician

1. IRL we would be on the State only Frequency

2. Watch your attitude.

3. Then don't send your FBI

4. None of the rules are annoying, but if you feel they are then go onto the suggestions forums under state police section.

5. If you cant be nice, then don't comment.

I am not gonna comment anymore. If you have anything to say privately message me. 

im pretty sure only state has access to state channel ingame, and also, how is state going to hear dispatch if they are on a different channel

Dispatch has access to state patrol room as well I believe.

1. IRL we would be on the State only Frequency

2. Watch your attitude.

3. Then don't send your FBI

4. None of the rules are annoying, but if you feel they are then go onto the suggestions forums under state police section.

5. If you cant be nice, then don't comment.

I am not gonna comment anymore. If you have anything to say privately message me. 

Dispatch has access to state patrol room as well I believe.

You just don’t think my opinion matters I have no attitude. I’m more annoyed that you guys say switch to state when we can’t. Do I have to abuse my admin powers to switch jobs to dispatch just to communicate with state. There is really no thought process to other departments.

Plus telling someone like a staff member to watch their attitude is disrespectful. 

You just don’t think my opinion matters I have no attitude. I’m more annoyed that you guys say switch to state when we can’t. Do I have to abuse my admin powers to switch jobs to dispatch just to communicate with state. There is really no thought process to other departments.

Plus telling someone like a staff member to watch their attitude is disrespectful. 

Just press U to go into group chat if for some reason you have a particular need for a trooper

Also you being staff has nothing to do with him commenting about your attitude, it's just that you're not being very kind about the whole thing.  Referring to it as annoying, using words that have a negative connotation, and threatening to pull FBI support of State. Attitude.

Edited by Bronco

BRONCO

EMS EMT Technician

Just press U to go into group chat if for some reason you have a particular need for a trooper

Also you being staff has nothing to do with him commenting about your attitude, it's just that you're not being very kind about the whole thing.  Referring to it as annoying, using words that have a negative connotation, and threatening to pull FBI support of State. Attitude.

But I have every right to. If I was you I would’ve checked with other departments and the commissioner with a communication thing. IRL the map wouldn’t be as small. Now the no communication people don’t look at chat as often (proven with staff ratio). It’s just annoying that I can’t communicate with another department. Just my believe is that communication is key so does most of the people who like to RP. You guys are literally destroying roleplay and key communication to others. This is all I’m going to say as I’m pretty annoyed with the fact that this rule is stopping key things that happen in real life.

I know I said the last comment but I don't care if your staff or not. Thanks for helping out the server but unless your SMT or SA+ I am not treating you special. But to me You're a normal player.

You have just basiclly dissed our department by saying we ruin the roleplay by doing this how about we go tell SS there ruining the roleplay by using there channel. This rule is for the benefit of our department we believe you may not agree but thats your opinion

MilitaryRP Trial Mod|CERT/Trooper SGT|PD SM

“Success is going from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.” ~Winston Churchill

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.” ~Lao Tzu

But I have every right to. If I was you I would’ve checked with other departments and the commissioner with a communication thing. IRL the map wouldn’t be as small. Now the no communication people don’t look at chat as often (proven with staff ratio). It’s just annoying that I can’t communicate with another department. Just my believe is that communication is key so does most of the people who like to RP. You guys are literally destroying roleplay and key communication to others. This is all I’m going to say as I’m pretty annoyed with the fact that this rule is stopping key things that happen in real life.

It is what it is.  The rule has been posted and that's that.  State are responsible enough to look at chat and find other forms of communication if they need to, and if they're not there's plenty of active command and supervisors to make sure they do.  I've continued this argument far too long against my better judgement.  This will be my last post, I suggest you do the same.  If the State Police Colonel, the Deputy Commissioner, or the Commissioner himself do not like this rule, they will change it, but as FBI Director you have no power over it whatsoever.  This is an implemented rule, not a suggestion, you should not be fighting it so much.  If you want it to change, I suggest you take a step back, review your current attitude toward the situation, and go write a more kindly worded, proper suggestion at https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeQgLCGpuYfjBh5NJEOyPYgJnbcuVKWfBBDi96iz85oIaR7Sg/viewform where it will be reviewed.

Kindest regards,

Trooper LT Bronco 1T30

BRONCO

EMS EMT Technician

Rule has been implemented. Enough is enough. Grow up and quit arguing with each other. Don’t like the rule? Speak to Echo himself.

We have a state channel for a reason and we can use it if we want. Need to contact a trooper? Then message someone in game or contact someone in teamspeak. Quit making this a big deal when it shouldn’t be. 

Pretty neat! 

If your worried about state not showing up to serious scenes, there is something neat called  a panic button that every government can see! 

I understand where people are comming from though with communication because IRL, all government would be in the same radio channel but there’s a reason why we have a panic button!