Police Helicopters

Finch

What do you want to see? - Police Helicopters to help with Pursuits and Surveillance.

Why should we add it? - I believe that we should add police helicopters to the PRP server as it provides a further point of surveillance. It will allow officers to keep track of people from the air.

What are the advantages of having this? - Law Enforcement may be able to avoid major crimes such as kidnappings, bank robberies, crime sprees, Gas Station robberies and jailbreaks. Helicopters are a call up a resource so like SWAT, they would be summoned by either a ten code or a separate code like CODE 1/2/3/4/etc. For roleplay purposes, the helicopter would be able to report location and heading instead of having 14 patrol cars eating their radios saying "LEFT LEFT LEFT MAYBE RIGHT.. NOPE HES DOING A U-TURN TRAVELLING DOWN HIGHWAY I NEED BACKUP" (doesn't really help us when that's happening). With this integration, we could have a section of the PD within the as a team of sorts. All PD ranks will be synced with this class. The DarkRP class would have the helicopters in the entity tab, I'm not sure if these can be spawned in VCMod NPCs as they are entities. 

Who is it mainly for? - Law Enforcement that is in a vehicle or foot pursuit of subjects that may be hard to maintain visual of due to speed, clothing or agility. 

Links to any content - (ALL WAC HELICOPTERS) https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=199107624 - We would be using a Bell helicopter, I'll have a direct link to that one shortly.

OTHER NOTES (Just for knowledge) - This would really help the PD have some organisation and I'd be happy to run a team like this. Only one helicopter would be available in the sky per thirty-five players. I'm not sure how large the skybox is on this map but in the upcoming map updates if we expanded it so that helicopters would have some space to fly at a steady flight it would allow this idea to go forward. 

Brian Finch  
Ex-Moderator | Police Lieutenant | Head Dispatcher 
EMS Lieutenant 
| State Trooper | NSA Operative

I know how you feel as I once suggested this but -Support because of the reasons mine was denied:

1. Skybox wont work

2. Could be abused / stolen and become a minge thing 

3. Most helicoptors are hard to pilot and would be a pain in the ass to use as no place to land and you cant go afk for even 1 second with out it crashing our hitting something

I know how you feel as I once suggested this but -Support because of the reasons mine was denied:

1. Skybox wont work

2. Could be abused / stolen and become a minge thing 

3. Most helicoptors are hard to pilot and would be a pain in the ass to use as no place to land and you cant go afk for even 1 second with out it crashing our hitting something

Pilots will be trained and if abused its a blacklist, if stolen we treat it like stolen PD cars. Helicopters would be no collided so that they wouldn't kill people or damage props/entities. They can be easily removed as well. I've flown WAC aircraft on 70/70 player MRP servers with my clientside ping rate at 600 without an issue. I guarantee that on GL, they will be easy to fly compared to that.

Additionally, I would gladly manage this service. I have a lot of experience with aircraft from militaryrp servers either GAF for the US or the Feild Marshal of SAS. I have experience with managing these kinds of services and training people is a specialty. When I say skybox I mean expanding the height of the map and limiting heights of buildings and all that jazz.

Edited by Navigator

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant 

-Support bigger skybox means more issues for players and the server. I do support having one but no to risky.

A larger skybox shouldn't have any major effects on the server. I'm a map developer myself and having a blank void shouldn't cause any issues. The map needs more optimisation anyway.

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant 

We really don’t know what this would do until we actually try it out. I say that we test it out for one day and see what happens. I do think however we will get lag problems,  kamikaze pilots, and will make the pd way to powerful. The police force is already way more op than the criminals, especially when we have more swat and aru on than actual thief’s.

We really don’t know what this would do until we actually try it out. I say that we test it out for one day and see what happens. I do think however we will get lag problems,  kamikaze pilots, and will make the pd way to powerful. The police force is already way more op than the criminals, especially when we have more swat and aru on than actual thief’s.

I second this. Criminals need to get a buff inorder for PD to get more toys. At the moment criminals have no hope of getting away with anything long term because PD has way to many recources. 

I love the idea, but I think it would be boring after awhile and as mentioned before would cause lag. 

Let's consider trying it for a week, wouldn't really hurt anything and would allow us to see if its worth while. 

I second this. Criminals need to get a buff inorder for PD to get more toys. At the moment criminals have no hope of getting away with anything long term because PD has way to many recources. 

I love the idea, but I think it would be boring after awhile and as mentioned before would cause lag. 

Let's consider trying it for a week, wouldn't really hurt anything and would allow us to see if its worth while. 

I can ensure you that there will be no additional lag. WAC aircraft is a combination of the light entities on helicopters.. we have about 300 at once with bitminers and all that jazz. We can easily alter the packs so there's only one vehicle meaning it wont slow down join time. 

I do agree that criminals lack resource and structure. PoliceRP should possibly bring back structured organisations.

Brian Finch  
EMS Lieutenant