1. 1. Should I be Trial Mod?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

What is your in-game name?: DakAttack

What is your steam name?: [GL] WackDakAttack

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:585904892

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): DakAttack#1738

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): No.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Mid June of 2022

What date did you make your forums account? July 10, 2022

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers? 2 (My Warns Profile)

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc): Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community? No, GamingLight is the only community I'm a part of.

Have you read the staff handbook? Yes

Timezone: EST

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum): I have been part of GamingLight for around a year now, give or take. In my time, I've seen the server change many times over, watched the community grow, shrink and grow again. I've been a member of Security since day one of joining the server, and I have loved it ever since. I have had my ups and downs. Recently I was kicked out of, and I believe blacklisted from Event Team for not using my powers properly. But I want to be a part of the moderation team to learn from those mistakes and make sure that things like that don't happen again. I like this server, and the whole point of the moderation team in my eyes is to ensure that it remains fun for everyone else. I think I have a fairly positive reputation in the community, but like I mentioned previously, I was removed from Event Team. But my main goal is to ensure that the integrity of the server is maintained, and that it remains fun for everybody. I think I should be a Trial Moderator because I believe I can help keep the server a positive place. I may not have any moderating experience, but I can most certainly learn.

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? Let them speak their mind, first and foremost. It does nobody good to interrupt one another, that just leads to bad blood and things go nowhere. Once they've finished, I'd try to reasonably explain that their actions are harming the experience others are trying to have in the server (if it is proven that they've done the MRDM because innocent until proven guilty). If it comes to it and a ban is needed, I'd contact an Admin or higher.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation? It wouldn't hurt to ask other members of staff to handle other members of the sit separately. A toxic environment helps nobody, especially when you're trying to get things done in a timely manner.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving? Try my best to explain to them why what they're doing is wrong in a way that they can understand. Not everyone has a common understanding of things. But I would not let my emotions dictate the punishment. I am a judge, not an executioner.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this? There are several potential variables to consider here. Is there any evidence, what is this player's attitude, is this player a known minge or not, stuff like that. If evidence is provided, then I'd probably give a verbal, depending on how long this player has been a part of the server for. If they're a certain level, they should know the rules by this point, and it would be a formal warn instead of just a verbal warning.

+support

- active in-game

- friendly person

- decent scenarios however Q2 and Q3 could be expanded on

- has a bit of a rocky past however is trying to grow past it and improve

good luck on your application!

Edited by mean

Current : SEC JFTO 2LT Mean WD Tessarius Flavia MAGI

Former RND HFTO ARCH Mean / V1 Griffith I / CI 2LT Mean  / E-11 DoCE MSGT Mean / RRH Analyst X ray 23 D5 DHFTO 2LT Mean MTF G9 Jötunn GD4 

+Support

I've spent plenty of time hanging with Dak on the server, he's a good guy with good intentions who's consistently grown in the time he's been around. He's got a nice relaxed personality that I think would make him a solid staff member, and spent over 300 days as a security SM to get command so he certainly has the patience for it as well.

Former MTF Nu7 VCMDR Admin

Former GenSec CPT / Deputy Head Warden

37 minutes ago, Mary said:

+Support

Pretty chill in game, always engaging in Events and trying to make stuff happen when it’s down time. Good answers for the questions and okay activity.

Good luck!

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team

SCP-RP Head of Staff | Ethics Committee Chairman

Former Nu-7 VCMDR l Former GenSec CPT