New Light Saber Suggestion

Proximo

Other Suggestion Format:

What do you want to see?:I want to replaced the current lightsaber with the new one [look at links]

Why should we add it?:it brings new form to light saber combatant and from what I Have played with is REALLY fun

What are the advantages of having this?:better sabers and saber battles also blocking shit

Who is it mainly for?:IQ|Custom classes|RG

Links to any content:https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2837856621&searchtext=LSCS
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2927058104&searchtext=LSCS
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2854309230&searchtext=LSCS

Former E11 Captain, D5 Sergeant, V1 [EOI], CI LT,  and Nu7 LT
Current E11 LCPL|Riot Shield Abuser|Cloak hater

- Support 

As someone who has used this addon in the past. It is nothing but wonky and subpar compared to the widely used and far superior WiltOS.

It has far less than WiltOS has and I can say from experience that it’s mechanics get old fast.

there would be absolutely no reason to completely switch WiltOS with this as everyone that has used a saber on the server is already used to WiltOS and would cause nothing but Chaos having people readjust to this addons wonky sabers.

WiltOS is also way more than just the lightsabers on the server. This addon doesn’t have any sort of capabilities of doing what WiltOS does. This addon would also cause a complete rework of the store.

Edited by Jacstur
  • Skull 1

CURRENT: None

Former:
Field Commander

First Ever IQ Branch Senior Commander(in SNRCMDR Program)

First ever No Helmet Second Sister 

+Support
If the addon functions as shown in the videos linked to the addons I believe that this will revamp how lightsaber users fight in a positive way. While the attacks may be seen as repetitive isn't our current system far worse when it comes to repetitiveness? Yes this would be a massive difference in how it functions compared to our current system but it would also (as far as I know) eliminate the issue of having OP force powers such as force slow used CONSTANTLY to catch up to people or kill troopers which can make the experience better. This would bring variation and meaning to duelling once more instead of choose the best attack and wait for the opponent to mess up at spacing. Two equal opponents can have a duel last for AGES currently. I'm all for this being added to the server!

My only concern being the potential imbalance between lightsaber users and troopers due to the interactions shown in the video being clearly one sided to favour the lightsaber user however it's hard to tell if that would happen on this server.

Edited by Zabuza
Spelling!

Current: Shock LTCOL
Former: Grand Inquisitor | Shadow Guard Lead | Sovereign Protector

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2023 at 4:03 PM, Zabuza said:

+Support
If the addon functions as shown in the videos linked to the addons I believe that this will revamp how lightsaber users fight in a positive way. While the attacks may be seen as repetitive isn't our current system far worse when it comes to repetitiveness? Yes this would be a massive difference in how it functions compared to our current system but it would also (as far as I know) eliminate the issue of having OP force powers such as force slow used CONSTANTLY to catch up to people or kill troopers which can make the experience better. This would bring variation and meaning to duelling once more instead of choose the best attack and wait for the opponent to mess up at spacing. Two equal opponents can have a duel last for AGES currently. I'm all for this being added to the server!

My only concern being the potential imbalance between lightsaber users and troopers due to the interactions shown in the video being clearly one sided to favour the lightsaber user however it's hard to tell if that would happen on this server.

i agree with this

but i also agree with jax saying that it would be chaos for people readjusting to the new sabers

if there was a way to slowly make them adjust to the other sabers then it would be fine

overall +/- support yeah

Edited by skelel
additions

Jimmy

Current: IC 2LT Reaper

Retired 501st Vice Commander and 501st COL for 10 minutes

former tank trooper enlisted, ic cpl, stepped down 501st hvyal, arcal hammer, snrhvy, dt spc, sf onyx wo, tank shc csm, ic blu

-Support

I dont see a reason to change the sabers. Going to just cause more issues then it will fixing any existing issues.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

On 3/8/2023 at 9:50 AM, Jacstur said:

- Support 

As someone who has used this addon in the past. It is nothing but wonky and subpar compared to the widely used and far superior WiltOS.

It has far less than WiltOS has and I can say from experience that it’s mechanics get old fast.

there would be absolutely no reason to completely switch WiltOS with this as everyone that has used a saber on the server is already used to WiltOS and would cause nothing but Chaos having people readjust to this addons wonky sabers.

On 3/21/2023 at 8:03 AM, HuntR said:

-Support

I dont see a reason to change the sabers. Going to just cause more issues then it will fixing any existing issues.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

+ Support
These are a really fun version of the Lightsaber. I feel personally that these lightsabers have a more immersive lightsaber combat compared to that of WiltOS, because WiltOS is just two people swinging sticks and no one really blocking or anything. Obviously, the problem will be with the new changes from WiltOS to these. Maybe have WiltOS and these somehow. IDK.

My only concern is the fact of the actual content of the lightsabers and the fact everyone already uses and learned WiltOS and would require a large learning curve with these lightsabers.

Edited by HeadHuntingSniper

ISB:IA- Agent Greg

Death Trooper - SN03

Senior Gamemaster

On 3/8/2023 at 9:03 PM, Zabuza said:

+Support

• Dislike 1

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

On 3/8/2023 at 3:03 PM, Zabuza said:

+Support

Current Royal Guard Vice Sovereign Sun Tzu

"The Saber Guard Defense Force"

Former: Saber Guard Primus

Playing Star Wars GIF

On 3/26/2023 at 3:05 PM, HeadHuntingSniper said:

+ Support
These are a really fun version of the Lightsaber. I feel personally that these lightsabers have a more immersive lightsaber combat compared to that of WiltOS, because WiltOS is just two people swinging sticks and no one really blocking or anything. Obviously, the problem will be with the new changes from WiltOS to these. Maybe have WiltOS and these somehow. IDK.

My only concern is the fact of the actual content of the lightsabers and the fact everyone already uses and learned WiltOS and would require a large learning curve with these lightsabers.

Currently vice marshall

On 3/7/2023 at 4:50 PM, Jacstur said:

- Support 

WiltOS is also way more than just the lightsabers on the server. This addon doesn’t have any sort of capabilities of doing what WiltOS does. This addon would also cause a complete rework of the store.

Former Shock EJT Lead | Former Shock CPT | Former Shock HVAL | Former Naval CMO | Former Naval LT. Commander | Former Naval SSO | Former ISB Operative | Former DT WO MY5 | Former Senior Moderator | Former MC SPC 1983 |

• 2 weeks later...
  • Beckett changed the title to New Light Saber Suggestion