Court RP Rework - Accepted - In Progress - Completed

HuntR

What you want to see? - Court Rules adjusted to better suit the desires of the community as a whole:

• Arresting Officer Rule Change
    • Arresting Officer can pass his/her information to the prosecution (The District Attorney) as well as evidence and then go back on duty
      • DA Must be online to do this option
      • Can not just give information to the judge then leave
  • Time Limit Addition
    • At this current time court cases can last upwards of 45+ minutes and if involved you are trapped there for that long. I believe it would be best if there was a time limit set on how long a court case should last. Of course I think in special scenarios we can still have long court cases, but a 1 second crime should not equal an hour court case due to stalling. 
  • Max Jail time post trail
    • 5 year sentence max for people who participate in a trial

Why should we add it? - 

• Arresting Officer Rule Change
    • 25% of Gov want nothing to do with court rp, while I love it some people hate it
      • Many gov refuse to arrest people who commit a crime due to the fact of they do not want to go to court due to a judge being online
    • This change would still allow for court rp to proceeded as usual, but would allow the officers who do not like this RP to go about their day doing the RP they enjoy
    • If more information was needed from the arresting officer he could just be summoned to court for testimony then leave rather then staying the entire time
      • The trial would be handled by the DA like it is in real life.
  • Time Limit Addition
    • Would allow trials to be completed at a quicker pace rather then one or two people stalling for an hour.
    • Would allow for more trials to take place rather then just a single one that is crazy long.
  • Max Jail time post trial
    • Currently their are no guidelines in the MOTD about how long someone can be put in prison after being found guilty. I think this should be changed due to how long the average court case lasts. Normally the person spends 4x their sentence already in the court room. 
    • This would encourage criminals to request a case allowing for more court RP with less 8 year sentences
    • This would not mess with RP, due to the court being allowed to RP out a longer sentence, but only giving the person 5 or less years.

What are the advantages of having this? - More court RP, and less complaining from people about court rp. 

Who is it mainly for? -Gov

Links to any content - N/A

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

-Support

For reference, I have Judge, so I am not speaking on a one-sided part of this.

Judge does not only exist as a way for criminals to get off the street - it also exists to get Government off the street for a little while. A Double-Edged Blade, if you will. Each of these rules is very gov-centric, giving government officials the opportunity to simply skip court by giving the Prosecution their details and story.

This also correlates with the idea that the Judge has complete and total authority over the courtroom. A Judge can let someone free, or put them in for max years. When I play Judge, for example, I do not allow any photo/video evidence to be admitted, as it started to feel like a staff sit when I did that. I force people to roleplay on a roleplay server - how wild!

+support

cool idea, although I would never sit there for upwards of an hour just to get put in for 5 minutes, people would rarely go to court in this case.

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

This suggestion is completed! The suggestion is either in-game or will be in next restart! Thank you so much for the wonderful suggestion! ❤️

PoliceRP - Retired Manager

Retired SWAT Commander | UMC