Adding back dispatch or some type of version of dispatch - Denied

[GL] Locus

What you want to see? -  I wish to see dispatch added back as maybe even a sub unit of PD or its own thing.

Why should we add it? -  Because we have a new MDT system that was released a bit ago that I believe would allow dispatch to actually be decent at doing dispatch. 

What are the advantages of having this? - This would make the radio not a cluster of just every single person at once talken over people. This happens at to negotiators during hostage situations to many times to count and dispatch can help avoid that. We also have dispatch teams now so it'll be easy to organize people via that as well as us having the gps map which will make it easier for dispatch to organize units and we won't have the problem dispatch had before of us just generally not knowing if they did what we asked and responded to a scene or if to many people responded to a scene. It'll also allow us to have more RP.  
(I know this is a long shot but ey I think it has lots of advantages and very little to any draw backs. )
TLDR: More RP, Less radio clutter, We actually have a purpose for them. 

Who is it mainly for? - Gov

Links to any content - N/A

Edited by [GL] Locus

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

- Support.

As much as I loved dispatch, it was a very hard department to keep alive. Most people want to go out and shoot criminals rather than sitting inside of PD talking over radio. 

Coming from a long time dispatch member who loved the department, unfortunately its going to be a -support for me.

Current

Chief of Police || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || CERT Commander || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Sargeant First Class || DF CPL

-support

just as Nicc said, its nearly impossible to keep alive. Its nice to see a dispatcher on once and a while and as much as i wanna see dispatchers it just cant happen.

Police RP (retired): Staff | PD Major | SWAT MSGT | Blaze President

Imperial RP (retired): Naval Commodore | Staff & Gamemaster

Military RP (retired): USMC Captain | DI LT | kamikaze pilot

+support

I was apart of dispatch for a brief period and it was actually pretty fun. Maybe adding different parameters like being able to setup in mobile command units and using the tablet to dispatch different certain officers to different scenes or nearest officers etc. this would overall add more in depth rp to policerp. Esp since we have so many people who don’t use radio correctly having someone basically force them to actually use the police codes would make it so much more realistic despite it being a semi serious rp.

Adding on, radio etiquette pardon my French has been a shit show. 

as hunt said making it a sub department would be a must. Also adding an incentive like weekly giveaways or by giving people on the job more xp per hour then any other job

Edited by Bartholomew

Ex FBI DCOS | Ex FTO Director | Ex HRT 1LT | Ex PPD Overseer | Forum Diplomat | PoliceRP Admin | Ex Event Team Co-Leader | SL Capo | Negev abuser

Former | State 1T | Lord III | PO2 | Imperial Senior Mod | GM3

Barret Deleter 28-7

+1,

With the tablet and tracking system it is a possible idea. I think the best thing to do is make it a sub department of either PD or State. It being on its own I do not think would play out very well. There needs to be some factor that draws the player in. Not sure what that would be but it would be needed. Some sort of cash incentive for completing something, as in the medics getting 10k per revive. Possibly even an exclusive mobile command truck that they can drive at a supervisor rank. Something that can really spice up the gameplay for dispatch. The radio situation is quite bad right now and I think if it is done properly dispatch could help.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

8 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

+support

I was apart of dispatch for a brief period and it was actually pretty fun. Maybe adding different parameters like being able to setup in mobile command units and using the tablet to dispatch different certain officers to different scenes or nearest officers etc. this would overall add more in depth rp to policerp. Esp since we have so many people who don’t use radio correctly having someone basically force them to actually use the police codes would make it so much more realistic despite it being a semi serious rp.

i dont care GIF 

18 hours ago, Bartholomew said:

+support

Adding on, radio etiquette pardon my French has been a shit show. 

as hunt said making it a sub department would be a must. Also adding an incentive like weekly giveaways or by giving people on the job more xp per hour then any other job

Currently: SL Advior  PD SGT 1A49|

Past : USMS AGT | EMS AEMT | SS EAD XC5 |  FBI SSA KGB7 | HRT SPC SP1 | State SGT 1T47 | CERT SPC 1CT31 | DOC CO 1CO32 | USMS AGT 1F58 | SWAT SSGT XB18

Discord name:jaychavez

Steam Id:STEAM_0:0:457987346

On 2/6/2023 at 11:32 PM, Nicc said:

- Support.

As much as I loved dispatch, it was a very hard department to keep alive. Most people want to go out and shoot criminals rather than sitting inside of PD talking over radio. 

Coming from a long time dispatch member who loved the department, unfortunately its going to be a -support for me.

~ Shadow ~ Azrael ~ Military RP Beginnings Veteran

GL 10 Year Veteran "The Last Remaining Spetsnaz"  Former Wardog Super Admin / Admin MilitaryRP

-support on it being a full separate department as only a small amount of players ever joined dispatch, with dispatch meetings typically being around 3 people tops when I was in it.

HOWEVER, I do +support it becoming a specialty job within PD that you could get trained for at SGT+ (with PD Low Command overseeing it), this solution would ensure two things listed below.

1. Since it wouldn't be a department in any capacity, it could have only a necessary amount of slots (like 3-4 ish). We wouldn't need to worry about it having the activity of a department but rather a much smaller requirement which it could more than likely fill. 
  2. While the rank to join would've been increased from before (when dispatch existed it was SNR+ to join), I feel more people would join when compared to before as there wouldn't be the commitment to be active on the specialty, just to follow an SOP while on it. This would cause more people to try the job out as they wouldn't need to worry about punishments if they don't find the job fun. Those who find it fun will provide consistent disciplined radio communication between all of gov and those who don't find it fun will just stop playing. This means the situation is a win-win for everyone who gets trained for it.
  • Like 1

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director 

52 minutes ago, Cecil Stedmen said:

-support on it being a full separate department as only a small amount of players ever joined dispatch, with dispatch meetings typically being around 3 people tops when I was in it.

HOWEVER, I do +support it becoming a specialty job within PD that you could get trained for at SGT+ (with PD Low Command overseeing it), this solution would ensure two things listed below.

1. Since it wouldn't be a department in any capacity, it could have only a necessary amount of slots (like 3-4 ish). We wouldn't need to worry about it having the activity of a department but rather a much smaller requirement which it could more than likely fill. 
  2. While the rank to join would've been increased from before (when dispatch existed it was SNR+ to join), I feel more people would join when compared to before as there wouldn't be the commitment to be active on the specialty, just to follow an SOP while on it. This would cause more people to try the job out as they wouldn't need to worry about punishments if they don't find the job fun. Those who find it fun will provide consistent disciplined radio communication between all of gov and those who don't find it fun will just stop playing. This means the situation is a win-win for everyone who gets trained for it.

+support to this compromise, this would be much easier to implement and maintain than a whole department, and still brings back dispatch for those that enjoy it

13 hours ago, Cecil Stedmen said:

This is already a thing, excluding a job that only does dispatch. Any SGT+ can talk to command about acting as dispatch over the radio, and there's nothing wrong with it. I can say that one of the reasons for the removal of the Dispatch department was overall inactivity, and the lack of people to act as dispatch still shows when they literally can do it right now. I think dispatch is a fantastic idea, but realistically most people don't actually like playing as dispatch, and it'll rarely be used.

PoliceRP - Retired Manager

Retired SWAT Commander | UMC 

1 minute ago, Drippy said:

This is already a thing, excluding a job that only does dispatch. Any SGT+ can talk to command about acting as dispatch over the radio, and there's nothing wrong with it. I can say that one of the reasons for the removal of the Dispatch department was overall inactivity, and the lack of people to act as dispatch still shows when they literally can do it right now. I think dispatch is a fantastic idea, but realistically most people don't actually like playing as dispatch, and it'll rarely be used.

Wasn't sure if that was still a thing as couldn't find anything about it, 100% agree with you on the inactivity problem it had

Former SCPRP: CI R&D Chief Director of Operations || Research Administrator || RFA Operations Advisory || RRH Analyst Xray 77 || CI General || Senior Event Team || CI Lieutenant Commander || Exemplary Investigator Award Recipient || STF D4 Poseidon PL7 || A1 SPC "Quantum"

Former ImperialRP: Naval Captain || Security Director || GM VI 

Former PoliceRP:  EMS Captain || RRU Rapid Response Team Manager || FBI Assistant Director