Daze - Senior Gamemaster Application- Accepted

Daze

Daze's Senior GM Application  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Should Daze become the next Senior GM?

• Yes. (Please state your reasoning)
    • No. (Please state your reasoning)

In-game name:

Daze

SteamID: 

STEAM_0:1:429019972

Current RP rank on StarWarsRP:

Death Trooper Vice Commander | Shock PVT

How long have you been Gamemaster:

I've been a GM before at least a few weeks in to the server for about a month, but had resigned due to the state of GM. After becoming Admin, I became a GM again, and have been a GM for maybe a month and a half now.

Have you received any strikes (please give reasons if applicable):

No.

How much time do you have on the server?:

About 5 months or so.

How well do you know the LORE?

I've done events from just basic rebels up to CIS droids to bounty hunters/mercenaries. I am fairly well versed in Star Wars lore, especially the time period that it is currently set in.

Why do you WANT to become a Senior Gamemaster?:

Every time I join any server, I only have on purpose which is to put my time and effort into something. I never join a server unless I plan to exert all my time and passion into something. I feel my time as a Gamemaster the first time was short lived due to certain personal internal circumstances within the GM team at the time, but I feel that now that I have been growing within GM for some time now as well as my time within Staff. I can comfortably and calmly make events or improvise/change something in something were to go wrong in the middle of the event. I want to help the GM team make future changes and updates to make it a better working environment, as well as a place to have other people be comfortable communicating and having fun in. The point in being a Gamemaster to make sure that the server is having fun and give them a good story. If we're not having fun making the events or stories, then what's the point at all if it just becomes more of a job? I want to make sure that standards with GMs are met and to keep things within GM black and white and clear any confusion with the GM team or anyone that may be looking to apply. Keeping everything in order as well as happy will be my primary goal within the Gamemaster team, as I have tried to do with in the staff team as well. I help everyone and anyone that needs help whether it is regimental, staff or GM related. I want to be an approachable person that anyone can come to for questions, as well as keeping things organized. I want to make new and better ideas for the GM team, so that it can thrive.

Why should you be trusted to be a Senior Game Master?:

I should be trusted because I am a highly professional and mature person. I see myself as being a leader and I want to help and lead others to see better and achieve greater things. I feel my time as both a GM and an Admin has helped me grasp a firm idea of what both the community and the Staff team are able to do. I want to help the GM team more than I have been, and create a healthy environment for current and new GMs. I want to keep things within GM organized as to keep confusion to a low, and stick to guidelines at all times and deviate unless absolutely necessary and given permission from a higher authority. I am fairly well versed in the guidelines, and follow it just like the staff handbook, as well as my regimental SOPs. I have been in positions of higher power before my time in GamingLight, and know not to over step my boundaries as that is what the Chain of Command is for. I respect everyone that comes across me, and show politeness to everyone. I give back feedback, advise and critiques to others to make sure that everyone knows what's good and bad, to keep ideas more broad and satisfactory. I want to go above and beyond for the GM team, and help in every area or aspect that I am able to. 

Have you mastered ULX?:

I feel like I have mastered ULX. Since I've been staff members on other servers from 6 years ago, up to this point. I can confidently target who I need, multiple people, use ULX in the console or use multiple commands at once.

Are you experienced with planning Mega Events?:

Yes, I have hosted one of my own as well as helped other GMV+'s with their Mega Events as well. I know what is expected, and when it should be expected.

Give an example of a mega event: 

"Through Thick and Thin"

On-ship -> Off-map

Actors

x1 Rebel Sergeant (Marksman) (Tier 2+) (Any Rebel Event Job)

Model: models/player/hydro/roger/swbf_rebel_soldiermagma_roger/swbf_rebel_soldiermagma_roger.mdl

3000 HP | 255 Armor

Weaponry: rw_sw_dlt19

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x2 Rebel Lieutenant (Tier 2+) (On the Ground) (Any Rebel Event Job)

Model: models/player/hydro/roger/swbf_rebel_soldiermagma_roger/swbf_rebel_soldiermagma_roger.mdl

3500 HP | 255 Armor

Weaponry: rw_sw_tl50 , rw_sw_dlt19

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

x1 Rebel Commander (Tier 2+) (On the Ground for first part, with VIP for second part) (Any Rebel Event Job)

First Part: 3500 HP | 255 Armor - Second Part: 1500 HP | 100 Armor

Weaponry: rw_sw_scattershotgun , rw_sw_dual_dc17s

x1 Stargate Atlantis Ambassador (Tier 2+) (Any Job) (Second part only)

Model: models/player/valley/karkarodon.mdl

750 HP | 100 Armor

Weaponry: Stripped

First Part:

While in the sector of Hoth, there is a lone rebel assault frigate orbiting the planet Hoth. After following and catching up to the lone rebel assault frigate, the ISD-GL attempts to make contact with assault frigate. As making contact makes no avail, naval would send out Star Fighter members to check it out. After a moment, the ISD is ambushed by a rebel fleet, as the ISD had taken the bait. This would officially start the first part of the mega. After defending the ISD for a while, every part of the rebel fleet will be destroyed except the rebel Flag Ship. The rebel Flag Ship at this point is heavily damaged. The Flag ship would then hyperspace out of the air space, but not far since it was heavily damaged. We would then proceed to follow them to Stargate Atlantis. The rebels take refuge in the stargate and then proceed to take the Stargate ambassador hostage for negotiations, since the rebels are now stuck on Atlantis. After briefing the ship, they would all fly off until the map change to Atlantis. 

Second Part:

Everyone will stay enclosed in spawn until 5 minutes has passed from the joining of the masses. Everyone will follow the linear path to the main tower, met with heavy resistance as well as enemy aircraft (X-Wings, ARC Fighters and A-Wings). After the server has reached the main tower, Special Forces will be given a mission. This mission will have Special Forces fly up to the highest balcony in the middle tower to find, terminate and save the stargate ambassador. While Special Forces do their mission, the ground units will be met with a counter offensive from mostly every angle. During the counter offensive, an X-Wing will “accidentally” hit the main tower, resulting in debris falling near the main force, and killing NPCs underneath the rubble. After special forces have retrieved or failed in retrieving the VIP, the main force will start to retreat towards the starting area where they are met with a last stand and an effort to keep the Imperial army from leaving. During their attempt to leave, the main bridge they came from will be blocked off by the fallen flag ship that had been taken down during the fighting. They will have to RP plant explosives (OR JUST SHOOT) on the ship until it explodes, then press forward to the LZ to be extracted.

Gamemasters

Briefer/Host: ISB Brigadier General Daze

Actor Manager: ---

Drop Pod and NPC Manager: ---

Helping Gamemaster: ---

Resrictions (For second part)

Jetpacks are restricted | Explosives are restricted | AT-ST's are restricted

Notes: All actors will have unlimited lives at the first part, same as second part. HOWEVER, VIP will only be enacted once map change has been conducted. VIP will only have one life. Rebel Commander will go from unlimited lives from part one to ONE life in part two.

How active can you be:

I am in the military stationed in Japan, so my hours don't quite align to the servers peak hours. I would be on for at least 3 hours or more every day, but during days off I am able to get on for longer and earlier times.

Edited by Daze
Updated Mega Event section | Fix grammatical mistakes | Made

Former/Retired:

Death Trooper LTCOL/SV02/Commander

Assistant Head Gamemaster + Senior Admin

Current: Crunch's Son

SGM Azrael Review on this app - Pros and cons will be based on experience I have had/quality of the person.

The App review.

Before anything wow the formatting and the correct cleanest of this app I have to already say I am impressed even before reading I have high hopes for this. 

Qualities to the app.

Experience - As you have stated, you have experience within the GM team and being a prior GM

No strikes active/given through out your GM life. 

Ambition - As you have stated "you never join a server unless you want to give your loyalty to it." That is something I do agree personally with.

ULX Master - 6 years!? Damn he has deffo got the experience 

In game life | Role - You are the DT VCMDR. You clearly have the maturity to be one of the SGM team with maturity.

Cons

The Mega event plan should have followed how the doc works. 

Other than that nothing else. Your app is basically 9/10 and I see no issues. 

Overall You will be receiving my +Mega support. I really do hope you make it! 

All the best, Daze.

Kind regards

Azrael 

Former | High Inquisitor | Field Commander | Second Sister | Eighth Brother 

play piano GIF by Internet Cat Video Festival

CURRENT DEPUTY DIRECTOR OF THE ISB-GL

+Support 

i feel this was very thought out and he is everything he says he is he from my experiences with him is mature understanding person. I also can't state this strongly enough respected individual and would be a great fit to the SGM team he is the example GM. Good luck to.

Definitely +Support!! Daze is a great guy and very helpful and responsible in DT and I think he absolutely would bring those qualities to the SGM team!! Best of luck to you Daze!!

Former: DT Commander EX1 IF21 | ImperialRP AHGM | ImperialRP Senior Admin

MAJOR +SUPPORT!!!

Daze has been working extremely hard and 100% deserves this position. He is doing more off-maps than anyone and pushing his limits 24/7. He’s moved up fast in the GM ranks for a reason and is a great leader.

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

Big +support

Daze has been taking many sits and creating unique events.
I think almost every offmap we had the past month was done by daze and a big succes.
Daze knows what the people like and delivers it to them!

Good luck!

On 7/12/2022 at 9:24 PM, Bub said:

Big +support

Daze has been taking many sits and creating unique events.
I think almost every offmap we had the past month was done by daze and a big succes.
Daze knows what the people like and delivers it to them!

Good luck!

| former Shock 1LT, Shock SGT | | Former IQ CPL | | x3 Former IF Agent| 

On 7/9/2022 at 3:23 PM, Sir Azrael said:

SGM Azrael Review on this app - Pros and cons will be based on experience I have had/quality of the person.

The App review.

Before anything wow the formatting and the correct cleanest of this app I have to already say I am impressed even before reading I have high hopes for this. 

Qualities to the app.

Experience - As you have stated, you have experience within the GM team and being a prior GM

Ambition - As you have stated "you never join a server unless you want to give your loyalty to it." That is something I do agree personally with.

In game life | Role - You are the DT VCMDR. You clearly have the maturity to be one of the SGM team with maturity.

Cons

All the best, Daze.

Kind regards

Azrael 

+Support

From the get-go, Daze has always been the kind of person to keep it a buck, but maintained composure and maturity as required.
This isn't a shot at anyone else either, I've just seen them go through the motions and have seen a lot more out of him; even if things don't go as planned he's always thinking of another way to keep things moving.
I think he has more than made himself ready to don the title of SGM.

Retired Head Admin | R DT 1LT II7
Master Chief Game GIF by Halo

On 7/10/2022 at 8:23 AM, Sir Azrael said:

The App review.

Qualities to the app.

Cons

All the best, Daze.

Kind regards

Azrael 

Accepted 

Congrats on reaching the rank of SGM, please speak to a AHGM for your Training.

RETIRED

30 Second Darth Vader Kio

Stepped down General Kio |  Retired Dupe Builder for Army/Navy High Command | Last Ever Nova Senior Commander | Retired Assistant Head GameMaster | Admin | ST Vice Commander Revenant

Bleach Bankai GIF