Maintenance should be able to spawn props (SCP RP) - Denied

Buenardo

Hello there!

I come to day with a suggestion after having an odd RP experience on the server, the suggestion being, of course, as the title says:

(I do have to clerify that this post is intended for the SCP RP community, and has nothing to do with the other RP servers of Gaming Light)

Maintenance should be able to spawn props

So, to make it simple and easy to read, I'm gonna divide this on the following topics:

My Experience
¿Why?

Balancing

Advantages

Disadvantages

Player Info

End

And now, withour further explanation, let's start!

My Experience:

A few days ago (7/4/22), I was showing around the map to some Juniors, teaching them how to fix stuff, how to sell trash, etc. Typical maintenance stuff.
In that ''tutorial'' I was giving, we stumbled uppon a few researchers, who were heading to a Mass Test on SCP 966, so I decided to show the Juniors the Meeting Room, as well as asking to be spectators in the Mass Test. To our surprise, the maintenance command in charge invited us to assist and help in the test, even encouraging the researchers to ask us for help in their tests, as we could build lots of stuff for them

We, of course, were very excited and happy to help, and we headed to 966's cc. The first test involved building a drone for one of the Researchers. Easy, nothing too complicated, but thats when we realised, none of us had donator ranks, so we could not ''physically'' build the drone, so we had to awkwardly ''build'' the drone using /me. And after a few rolls and hitting the air with hammers and wrenched, we had it. Next test involved a computer, which we also couldn't ''build''. Fortunately, Maintenance Command member Fishy, was there to assist us, and we built it together. Most of the following test involved building, in which we also found ourselves in the same situation, with Fishy spawning everything for us.

With this I realised that the Maintenance Branch had pretty unused potential, locked by the fact that a very low percentage of our members can spawn props and actually assist with their buildings. Which made me write this suggestion post, requesting to give Maintenance the ability to spawn props for the purpose of RP

¿Why?

When people (especially from other branches) describe Maintenance, they tend to include the building part as something common, that all maintenance do regularly, it's how people see maintenance. When realizing that almost no maintenance can do this, the attention to the Maintenance branch drops, from the other branches view, and from the trainees view. 

Not giving Maintenance one of their most characteristic functions only lowers the chances of them getting involved in interesting RP situations

Maintenance is in a middle point in the server. Because its not enough combat oriented to catch the attention for those interested in ''PvP'', nor its very RP immersive (in the case of not being able to spawn props) as research, who vividly interact with SCPs in complex RP situations

Giving Maintenance prop spawning would let them get much immersed in the RP side (Since combat shouldn't be what Maintenance aims for), and give them much more potential of getting involved in RP of their own, as well as other branches

Balancing:

Here I'll mention the different requirements and conditions, so Maintenance do not abuse this feature, nor it ruins the cheapest donator rank (Bronze)

+ Only Maintenance Journeyman+ may spawn props (May be higher)

+Prop limit of 3 (Could be up to 5)

+May only be used in the Maintenance Jobs (Such as Senior, MMF, CS, all except Junior)
+May only be used with RP purposes

+All other Prop Related rules stated in General Rule 16

+May not be used for combat purposes (Barricades)

Advantages:

+Gives Maintenance more potential for RP

+Will call the attention of new players given the possibilities

+Will give Maintenance more chances to interact with other branches

+Its not a high prop ammount, being relatively low, so Bronze is still a good choice if looking at the Prop Aspect

+Since the ammount is low, several Maintenance may join with each other to build something bigger/more complicated, fostering fellowship in the branch

+Open the door to more complicated Maintenance logs, with people now being able to write about their builds and their purpose

+With the low ammount per player, prop spamming will not be trouble

Disadvantages:

+This feature may be abused by new players

+Its hard to moderate people not using props properly

+People in the long term may only join Maintenance for Props

+Some people will take a while to learn how to build (Can be teached how to)

Player Information:

This section is my personnal information regarding the server, if anyone wishes to contact me

• Name (In Game): Broomer
  • Steam Name: Fede
  • Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:118230683
  • Current Branch(s): Maintenance
  • Time on the server: 4 weeks (Level 72)
  • Discord: Fede Fefi#6802 (Broomer in the GL-SCPRP Discord)
  • Extra information: Former Research Low Command, Former O5 Researcher/RRH Analyst

End

Thanks for reading this suggestion for Maintenance. If you wish to show your support/disagreement with this, make sure to leave a comment down below. I'll make sure to read them all! This post is subject to change, which  I will list below. That'd be all, hope you have an amazing day, see ya 😄

Changes:

-

#Maintenance4TheWin

+ Support

It is even encouraged for researchers to ask maintenance personnel for building structures, devices, etc. This would make a great addition to the server, but I don’t know if it can be implemented.

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

I think this was suggested in the past, but i cant remember the reason it was denied if that is a case, but it would be a nice addition if possible
+support

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

1 hour ago, 1stSavagerY said:

I think this was suggested in the past, but i cant remember the reason it was denied if that is a case, but it would be a nice addition if possible
+support

Unless colt can let the maintenance jobs have their own prop capacity, SMT would have to give each member of maintenance that is not a donator a special ULX rank. I think anyone with the user rank should be able to spawn in 3-5 props.

so overall,

+support for non donators in maintenance to be able to spawn props

#RipRND you will be missed

4 minutes ago, Warthog said:

Unless colt can let the maintenance jobs have their own prop capacity, SMT would have to give each member of maintenance that is not a donator a special ULX rank. I think anyone with the user rank should be able to spawn in 3-5 props.

so overall,

+support for non donators in maintenance to be able to spawn props

i believe this was the reason, i just couldnt remember

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

I think for the idea to work, they'd need an extra plugin that would communicate between ulx and the scp-rp gamemode... basically they'd create the one "maintenance" ulx rank and the new plugin would ask the server/gamemode if the person trying to spawn props is currently flagged onto a maintenance job. The plugin would then silently assign them to that rank temporarily.

Alternatively, obviously, just give 3-5 props to the base User group, we have more than enough staff to police prop usage if anyone complains and makes a sit.

+Support

17 hours ago, Grеg said:

+Support 
Make rollercoaster into acid pit

W̵̠̽O̶̤̐̎͠R̷̨̯͇̘̓̓̐̚Ķ̶̨͙̌͗͋̐ ̷͎̻͈͘H̵̦̝̅́͝Ä̶̱̽R̷̔͊̀͜͠D̷̲̠̱͛͘ ̵̹̞͖͍̽͂Í̶̛̠́̎ͅÑ̶̟͈ ̸̭̖̋̀S̸̞̯͔̈́̍̈̽͜I̵̞̹̓͌̈́Ḹ̴͕̤̠̃Ë̶̘́͑Ṋ̵̰̞̀̏̄́C̸̼̱̏̑Ě̸͕̕͝

̸͚͊͐͘Á̵̩̂̃N̶̩̦̈́Ḑ̷̲̣͐͐ ̷̨̣͇̄L̴̢̳̰̀̃E̸̙͗̏̕T̵̜́͛̿ ̴̝̯̠̐̇́S̸̠̣͋̆U̶̳̖̹̐C̶͙̩̽C̶̩̻̍̕E̷͈͖̓̈S̴͖͎̆͒͆͜S̸̥̞̗̠̀͌ ̶̫̩̬͂͛͝M̵͇̗͙͗͝͝A̶̛̬̦̾̿K̴̨̙̍ͅͅE̴̠͇̮͐͗́ ̵̳̲̅͑͝T̴͙͙̀̈́ͅH̶̢̎͛̈́̿E̴͈͖̹̔̂͝ ̴̹̯͓̂̈́N̶̦͌͒̔̎Ȍ̸̘͝I̴̭̠̅ͅS̸̭̼͋̕Ë̵́

A̵̙̥̭̠̓̅̎͘͝ͅ1̵̢̙̲̰̦̞͆͊ ̴̝̏́͑͂͝N̴̨͊̍o̸̖̦̬̅̑̇̍͠m̶̖̃a̸͉̤̜̪̘͑͌͝ḑ̶̘̣̬͇̈́ ̵͈̤̪͇̉͋̓̾Ỉ̴͓͔͍̻͖͕́͆͂̕͝  /  Ş̵̧̛͙̙̼̌́͑̐͠T̶̢͔̫̿̓̿̅F̷̟̗̅̄̚ͅ ̷̝̈́̏̀̾̔̑D̸̰̓̾͌͝͝4̵̠̼̓̅̆͝͠ ̷̭̺͎̇H̸͚͖͇̃̀̋͘a̷̛͎͉̦̦̐̽́̑d̷̨͖͋e̵͍͒͆ś̵͈̪͓̞ ̸̣͉̄Ḍ̸̓I̶̩͖̖̟̯͒3̵̨̡̩͇̏̏

Maintaining a none staff ulx for a roleplay branch is not something I’d go asking my SMT to have to organise, people enter/leave maintenance and roleplay branches a lot more frequently than staff, this would lead to alot of issues organising players and maintaining a list of active maintenance personnel. I’d recommend anyone looking to spawn props in to join event team as I believe they get access to up to 50 props max which imo would be alot better than 3-5 props and also shows your dedication towards the community as a whole.