Do you consider blocking the D Block Tower door after hacking it "exploiting" or not?

mobs2r

Is D Block Tower door blocking to keep it open considered exploiting in the current version?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Is D Block Tower door blocking to keep it open considered exploiting in the current version?

• Yes, it should warrant punishment.
    • No, it is just map knowledge & doesn't warrant punishment.
    • Yes, but it is like bunnyhopping or edgebugging so it isn't severe enough to warrant punishment.
  2. 2. Should the D Block Tower door be changed?

• No, I like it the way it is & it is balanced.
    • Yes, I think it should do 10 damage like cell doors, requiring med kits to keep open.
    • Yes, I think it should instantly kill you, requiring sacrifices to keep open, rewarding team work.

Hello, I was having a conversation with a Staff member about whether or not blocking the D Block Tower door on Site 50 is considered exploiting. They kept saying it was considered exploiting, but because no one calls sits for it they don't engage with it as such. I have seen so many people do this since I started playing the server & I would love to know what the community (specifically Class D mains) think about it.

I don't think it is exploiting, it is just map knowledge. I especially believe this seeing as there are other doors on Site 50 (including the cell doors) that do damage when they are closed on you & some even instantly kill you like the shutter doors. If this was the case for the D Block Tower door it could be more balanced. Say it did 10 damage per squish like the cell doors, you would still be able to keep it open with med kit by yourself but you would have to buy/craft a med kit first, which could be balanced. If the door instantly killed you instead then you would only be able to hold it open once, or only as long as someone was willing to volunteer their life, which could be even more balanced.

I want to know: 

Is D Block Tower door blocking to keep it open considered exploiting in the current version?

Should the D Block Tower door be changed?

Edited by mobs2r

D-Class Bunnyhopper

Security main here, it’s fine the way it is, it’s hard to keep the door open as it is if security are shooting at you.

Ranks: Security SM Greg | RRH Guardian Whiskey 11

Security Logo Designer | Premiere Club | #FreeMe 

Once the person holding the door is killed, the door will close. If security see D-Class using the cat walk then all they gotta do is check the door, kill the person holding it, and go back to their previous positions. If D-Class are hacking it back open, then a CC class can go in and clear the tower.

Adds a little fun for boths sides;

DClass get an advantage for escaping if they manage to keep it open.

Security get to go somewhere other than behind the barricades for once.

i think its fine

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

Nah its fine + Security will just raid it back

Current Ranks: None :))

Past Ranks: Security JFTO 2LT Mystery|PWD Brutus MUDA|MTF E11 DHFTO 1LT Cobra|MTF E11 LS Falcon-1 [First Ever Lonestar]STF D4 "Vanguard" Brynhild HA5|Security Olympics Winner|Senior Mod|Senior Event Team Member

image.png

Usually it's pretty difficult to keep the door open with GENSEC desperatly trying to get it to close. I do think the door should deal damage to promote a new gameplay mechanic/teamwork. But it would also be fine without any change. 

Currently GENSEC and MTF Nu7. In-Game name is May.