4 members have voted

1. 1. Yay or Nay?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: AlexMSD

What is your steam name?: Buttered Toast

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:70050224

What is your discord username (Ex: Rookieblue#2667): Buttered Toast#9299

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain): Started out with GamingLight around 2014 as staff on the MilitaryRP server, later accepted as the manager for the DarkRP server. After resigning from those roles, I was approached by a friend to assist them with their MilitaryRP server to which I joined them as the servers manager, this community was later shutdown. A friend from the previous community made a MethRP server in which I was an admin for and, when they made a US based server, was the Assistant Manager of. I resigned for a break from GMod and came back to another RP server where I became an admin and was with them for about 2-3 years before the community died off and shutdown. Since then, I have been with other servers aiding in their development and management (all of which were shut down :/). I then came across GL SCPRP in 2019, played and became a Moderator for about a month or 2 before being forced to resign do to family related issues.

What date did you start playing on the community?: (roughly) 2019ish, and now back since mid-June

What date did you make your forums account?: October 12, 2015

How many warnings do you have on all GL servers?: 3 for RDM in 2015 image.png.b8e51a211bbb8318187b2452188ab912.png

What is your donor rank? (User, Silver, Gold, etc): Platinum

Are you a staff member in another community?: No

Have you read the staff handbook?: Yes

Timezone: Eastern US

What rank are you applying for?: Trial Moderator

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum)

I believe that I am fit for the staff team because of my previous experiences, professional conduct when conducting the duties of a staff member, extensive knowledge of the administration mod used (ULX), and because of my willing nature to follow all instructions given to me by higher ups.

My previous experience ranges. Having dealt with a wide variety of "interesting" situations has given me to ability to properly analyze, conduct, and execute sits. Keeping all order as best I can and only allowing for viable evidence to be used when making my judgement. I operate under "innocent until proven guilty" and with that being said, I must have reason beyond a shadow of doubt to administer any kind of administrative action to either one of the parties involved.

I keep a professional tone at all times, making sure that all sides feel as though there is no bias and allowing them to argue their case. I make sure to intervene when it becomes heated, and will inform parties that the sit isn't for arguing, it is for me to get boths sides of the story so that I can find the truth in the middle. When doing patrols around the map, I keep watch of users while attempting to keep myself out of their roleplay and will interject myself when someone is in violation of a rule. Depending on the rule break, I will either give verbal warning or pull that person away to inform them and administer punishment as needed.

I have worked with ULX for many years, I know the in's and out's of it and how it works. I've set binds for quick access to certain commands in order to prevent damage to player immersion when the quick response is needed (bind example "bind mouse5 'ulx jail @ 120'"). 

I was always raised to respect superiority, to follow all instructions with willingness to get it done right the first time and in a timely manner. I listen, I acknowledge, and execute the instruction based off of procedure. Even when the instruction is immoral, I will still do it though I will contact superiors as needed to inform them that the act was done with instruction from said higher up. 

Overall; I'm here to help. I want to learn and grow once again. I want to bring my past experiences here and to have a place to which I call "home".

Scenario questions:

Select any two of the following four questions to answer for this section. Please note, in the scenario questions we are not expecting perfect answers. We are accessing your critical thinking skills, your ability to use the staff handbook, and come to reasonable conclusions. 

Q1: How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?: Utilize BLogs to ensure that I both have the right person and that the reports being made are true. I'd bring them to the admin room and initiate the sit to being questioning. If they are cursing and refusing to listen, I would gag them and inform them of their punishment of a formal warning and 5 day ban.

Q2: You are involved in a staff sit that involves 5 different players. The players begin to get frustrated and the sit becomes very toxic and unproductive. What would you do in this situation?: I'd call for assistance if there are other online to help. Try and get to the bottom of the situation by issuing friendly reminders that something has happened and that we are trying to figure it out. If that fails then I will use what information I have collected to issue action against what rules breaks I've determined to have taken place. If there's still a little bit of hostility or even dissatisfaction with the end result or just generally if they feel I've committed misconduct, I'd direct them to the forums appeals and reports sections and apologize for the frustrations.

Q3: In your opinion, what is the best way to handle a situation involving a player that clearly does not care about the punishments they are receiving?: Unfortunately, I wouldn't purse much against them than I already have. I'd issue the punishment for the rule they broke as normal and return them to their previous location. I understand some players may just be upset from the situation (Whether it be relating to a PvP interaction, or just generally having a bad day) so I'd take it with a grain of salt.

Q4: There is a player abusing a known bug, and he has been reported to staff. He swears he followed the server rules when you talk with him. What's the best way to handle this?: First and foremost, I'd need to verify with proof (Logs, videos, or screenshots) that the player was abusing a bug. I'd then bring them to the sit room and confront them with the proof I have. Once they begin to state that they were following the rules, I'd direct them to rule 12 of the General Rules and let them know that what they were doing was exploiting the bug. If they truly did not know, I'd let them know that it's not a big deal, issue them a warning and just tell them to be more careful, pay closer attention to the rules, and return them to where they were.

+support

old asf even for my terms god damn
well written and seems competent 👍

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

45 minutes ago, J0LT said:

+support

old asf even for my terms god damn
well written and seems competent 👍

Trained this guy for E11 yesterday, really nice dude. 

+support

RETIRED

SCP-RP:Delta-5 CPT | Deputy Head G9| Medical DHFW Doctor. | E11 1LT | Head Ranger | D4 Vanguard FF5 | RnD EOI V3 Canibal

ImperialRP: MC 1LT Bacon 3817 |  DT SGT FF5

7 hours ago, CyClone said:

+support

Has a ton of experience and seems fit for the position. 

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

+Support

+Good Scenarios

+A lot of Perv experience in staffing

+/- haven't seen you before but might see you more could be just me

I believe he would be an excellent member to the staff team

FormerNu-7 Low Command Medical Low CommandMTF E11 Senior CommandSCP-RP Admin/ET 

loop missing GIF King of having problems and terrible rolls

1 hour ago, The silent man said:

+/- haven't seen you before but might see you more could be just me

I do tend to be on around the less populated times due to my works schedule, but I do try to get on during peak hours when I can. It also may not help that I've recently had to go LOA for vacation and work related reasons. I will be back on and much more active in-game around the time that I get back.

On 6/30/2022 at 7:28 AM, Hang said:

+Massive Support

+REALLY OG member of the community

+A lot of experience in staffing

+Active

+Mature

Current: Facilities Supervisor | MTF D5 Sergeant Major "2F4U"
Former: CI 1LT SPEED |  Red Right Hand Engineer Delta 27 
CCs: The Soldier | Cold Wind

image.png.6c10ab8f3be17e6810aff4d36acc1a68.png.f42f1eb00b1a1016250001dd05a58630.png

Accepted

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided to accept you into the staff team! Please speak to an SCP-RP Senior Admin within 72 hours in TeamSpeak to get started!

If you cannot get in contact with a Senior Admin within this time, please message the SCP-RP Head of Staff to determine next steps.

Thank you, and welcome to the Gaminglight Staff Team!

~SCP-RP Senior Management Team