General Suggestion - Elevator Timer - Denied

K I W I

What are you suggesting? - Putting a 5 to 10 second timer rule on elevators that can kill people to be called again, akin to the red warehouse door. I don't believe this can be implemented functionally alike to the D-Block elevator timer but at least a rule will give a general consensus people who attempt to call up an elevator quickly and end up killing people. It takes roughly 9-10 seconds from when you press the button till you're taken and the door opens, so a total of 15 second timer from when the elevator is called would be a good timer.

How would this change better the server? - Less people die to the elevator and have to wait timers, I understand it's already Fail Rp but it's hard to implement and find the absolute solution to the issue, and even then when you do die or be brought back it's still annoying as the CI raid is going to continue without you and for Foundation members it sucks to have your progress in a research test or bringing a D-Class to feed an SCP completely halted by being killed by it, I've seen in the last week like 5-10 CI, round 10 MTF, 2 utility all fall victim to the elevator, if there was a timer that people kept in their head when they watched an elevator go down could've prevented it with a little patience. plus there really is no way to prove if someone intentionally is abusing the elevator to kill people cause they can just claim it is an accident, at least a timer will force players (accidentally calling it or not) to wait the timer.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - Only disadvantage I see is adding another rule into the MOTD that may not be seen/known to newer players

Who would this change mostly benefit? - MTF/CI/Research/Security/Utility

Edited by K I W W I

| EX CI General | | Ex Lead Admin | 
| The best Fruit to exist |

2 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support 

despite being slower this will stop accidents (or purposeful kills) from happening

Current: CI Military Private, Junior Maintenance

Former: Nu-7 DHFTO 2LT, Delta-5 WO, Research Supervisor, RRH Analyst Alpha 19SCP-RP Event Team Member, SCP-RP Senior Moderator

Jetstream Sam Enthusiast | Gloveless Individual

VANNYMOMENT.png.4481adfe349d65456e27aeea992a4419.png

2 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support 

despite being slower this will stop accidents (or purposeful kills) from happening

going from EZ to LCZ or E11 base to LCZ is long enough, but if it was 5 seconds then I think it would be fine +support

It wouldn't allow me to put a link in here so you are stuck with this 

6 hours ago, PandaInShitpostLand said:

+Support 

Nu-7 COL / SFTO / FE / TRT / BHM / RG / Head SCP-7101 / C0 FM HTF / SF Overseer / Iota-10 ("Damn Feds") / AFK / Solid Snake / SCP-RP Senior Moderator

-support

not needed, also, this really could only apply to people who knows someone is in the elevator, what happens if someone just runs up to the elevator and calls it and kills someone? Are you just gonna force everyone to wait 15 seconds before calling it down?

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

-Support

People are still going to die to the elevator, and sure this may prevent some deaths. Although, all I see is it causing more inconveniences and RP deaths then it helps. If you know some MTF/CI are down at the part of the elevator you just were, make consider not leaving the elevator? I mean you know they will call it down so maybe don't walk out? 

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧