General Suggestion - Mic-spam Rules and Allowing Music With the N Word [Completed]

LilThinMints

Not going to give a + or - support.

All I will say is that after spending months in D-block with D-Class, I can say that there are 2 brands of mic-spammers. Both are incredibly annoying.

A: D-Class/Security (can be any rank from OFC->CPT) who play music when there is low activity or energy in D-Block. This is mostly alright as it does not affect rp and people will usually stop if you ask them too.

B: This one is like 90% D-Class: Playing repetitive annoying sounds through their soundboard. Its funny the first time you see a D-Class spam youtube poops in vc but after that first time it just makes you want to leave D-Block. 

I think that ANY micspam is bad and I am personally not a fan of constant audio stimuli.

I also think that allowing "people to play a song that includes the N-word" will allow all the brainlets to add a "N-word" button to their soundboard and its a technical loophole for the staff. For those reasons I am not a fan.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Hex-G said:

I also think that allowing "people to play a song that includes the N-word" will allow all the brainlets to add a "N-word" button to their soundboard and its a technical loophole for the staff. For those reasons I am not a fan.

I mean, it's VERY easy to differentiate blatant racism from music. I get how micspam/soundboards can be annoying to some but you can always call staff if it's loud or utilize the mute button.

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

So right now the biggest issue in the community is the lack of roleplay, Please tell me how allowing players to play rap music etc will improve roleplay and not just allow for more causal darkrp gaming, and move is further from roleplay. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Coltable said:

So right now the biggest issue in the community is the lack of roleplay, Please tell me how allowing players to play rap music etc will improve roleplay and not just allow for more causal darkrp gaming, and move is further from roleplay. 

maybe for a IC reason to why music i splaying that they have a jukebox or boom box

and if you want an actual jukebox or boombox to represent the RP then just add PAC3 and have it locked behind donations.

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:09 PM, Hex-G said:

Not going to give a + or - support.

All I will say is that after spending months in D-block with D-Class, I can say that there are 2 brands of mic-spammers. Both are incredibly annoying.

A: D-Class/Security (can be any rank from OFC->CPT) who play music when there is low activity or energy in D-Block. This is mostly alright as it does not affect rp and people will usually stop if you ask them too.

B: This one is like 90% D-Class: Playing repetitive annoying sounds through their soundboard. Its funny the first time you see a D-Class spam youtube poops in vc but after that first time it just makes you want to leave D-Block. 

I think that ANY micspam is bad and I am personally not a fan of constant audio stimuli.

I support this, and with Coltable this will encourage a less serious environment completely, especially since we are going toward the direction of RP.

In fact I would +1 serious enforcement of mic spamming.

Former DHOS

Current GENSEC LTCOL - Deputy Head Juggernaut - HIRU 

17 minutes ago, Coltable said:

Uh, it doesn't. Nothing about this post is for roleplay💀 its just for people who use soundboards in ci base/lower dblock

Free Melly Free TayK Free Fetty Wap Free Pooh Shiesty
Current Rank/s: none dumbass
Former Ranks: E11 2LT, CI SM, RND SVA, Gen-Sec MSGT, Nu7 SGT, RRH Guardians

Completed!

This suggestion is now in the server

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl ||