In-Game name:
Master Chief

SteamID:
STEAM_0:0:26503771

Command Sergeant Major

How long have you been in your current rank?:
Since 04/28/2022

What experiences in leadership do you have?:

• I was enlisted in the US Navy from '08-'12 and reached the rank of E-5.
  • I had approximately 8 subordinates I oversaw in daily duties including training and maintenance in a variety of classified and non-classified learning topics.
  • Supervised 40+ working parties ranging from logistics to sweepers.
    • Logistics involved were when we would receive goods from another ship and people had to stack up near one another to get things unloaded quickly.
    • Sweepers were when in port to ensure the ship and pier were presentable.
  • On top of my normal duties, I volunteered for an onboard Repair Locker (firefighting unit) where I worked my way up from #6 Hoseman to Nozzleman and eventually held Team Leader for one and a half years of the three I was stationed there.
    • As Team Leader you make sure that each Nozzleman doesn't overwork themselves by relieving them with the next Hoseman in line (the equipment is fairly heavy) all while guiding and directing the fire team.
  • Being mentored by senior authority, I learned tactfulness onboard my ship where I saw the delicate balance between being a good leader and being outright unkind/too kind.
  • After my military time I learned the art of mindfulness which helps one focus on where they are in the moment they are.
    • There is a lot more to mindfulness in regards to mental health such as learning to forgive others that may have transgressed against you.
  • I was the resident sage for my fraternity for four and a half years and held VP of Loss Prevention for one year while at University.
    • I handled issues involving safety to prevent loss, but more so inter-fraternal relations between brothers.
      • When a situation that needed addressing would arise I would be called upon to prevent fighting physically and/or verbally coming to amicable standings between parties.

Why do you want to be an officer?(150+ Word minimum)

• I want to help mold DT and create leaders not only within the game, but in real life.
    • To help others overcome their issues and foster greatness where it resides (which everyone is capable of in my opinion).
  • I want DT not only to be seen as a serious battalion, but one that encourages comradery not only amongst our ranks but within others as well (including ISO/IBO).
  • I want to make DT proud to be DT at its core, not because we enforce standards, but that we become the standard other battalions may seek to hold theirs to.
  • I want to, and have begun, doing my best to spread esprit de corps within DT and beyond; encouraging others to keep up their good work/duties and to not only increase one's joy from being on the server, but to strengthen relations between DT and all other battalions regardless if there was strife in the past.
  • I want to assist in bringing about a new era (not just an operation) within DT and the server where people always look forward to hopping on and interacting with others taking part in whatever the day brings even if there are none planned because that's how much the server and its residents mean to them and their own IRL morale.
  • I want to show others that perceived weaknesses in their eyes can become strengths.
    • I struggled with ADHD, and sometimes still do even while medicated as my mind is in a constant state of flux.
    • However, I have found personal ways to alleviate this by keeping a notepad nearby and anything that comes across where I can't mention it or something I need to do comes to mind I write it then and there; doing this has increased my productivity greatly and I feel others may be able to do the same and wish to assist in showing them that something that seems like it's out of their grasp or crippling could be turned on its head.
  • Before leaving High School, I learned at a leadership retreat that 1/3rd of the people you meet will either like you, dislike you, or not care one way or the other; I keep this in mind as a humbling reality check and a tool.
    • I use it to not be afraid to approach those I  either know or think may not see eye-to-eye with me or my actions as they might have insight that I could utilize to improve myself.
    • I keep this in mind as I continue to push forward doing my best.
  • I enjoy brainstorming with others thinking and coming up with thought-provoking questions or questions "outside the box."

What makes you stand out amongst the others?(130+Word minimum)

• I am never not asking questions to ensure we don't break rules unknown.
  • If I am wrong on something I will admit it; I ensure to take personal responsibility.
  • I am not afraid to be firm with others when they overstep or blatantly disregard boundaries (i.e. recent events).
    • While that event was new to me on the server, I reacted swiftly and sharply as the situation required. 
    • During the PT of one of the offenders I iterated why they were there and how to better handle the situation next time.
  • I am constantly learning and growing my intrapersonal and interpersonal skills adapting to situations as they arise and taking care of them appropriately.
    • I have pulled aside people individually from DT, and plan to do the same outside of DT in the future, inquiring to areas they have seen I have room to grow or improve.
  • I take others into consideration and the fact that there are other human beings behind the screens.
  • If others think less of me I do not hold it personally against them, people are entitled to their opinion and I am able to separate professional from personal.
    • For instance, if someone were to hold hostility towards me I would not step in their way of a promotion and I would continue to help guide them with hopes of them seeing the err of their transgression.  Should they not, it would not bother me as we are all on our own paths and I would wish them the best regardless.
  • I take initiative.
    • From day one I've inquired if confused, I've questioned guidelines in the way of seeking clearer boundaries, and I'm currently on a campaign to completely review all SOPs available to avoid possibly future issues.
    • When the minging-hour shows influx of like-people, I have taken/still take to the ST as an undercover agent to collect as many clips as needed along with Steam IDs to streamline the job of admins
      • The highest I've gathered was about seven clips on 9 different people for a variety of breaches towards the MOTD. I do this to make the server a better place to be, while (unknowing at the time) coincidingly helping Administration personnel meet quotas.
  • I used to not be a leader in any regard.
    • I used to be silent and would just follow and think less of myself for one reason or another, but during my time in the Navy I learned that people (while difficult to some) may choose whether or not to weather internal and/or external adversity, mental and/or physical, to reach their goals.
  • I believe I am quite adept at picking up subtleties in other's voices (inflection, tone, etc.) and in doing so I am able to discern if things are going well.
    • If it ends up not being so, I offer them an ear to actively listen to what they say.
    • This trait of mine helps ensure that no one has the feeling of being left out or being left behind.

Do you understand that if you fail to meet the expectations of an officer you can be removed from your position?

• Unequivocally.

Do you understand that receiving a strike will result in an immediate demotion?

• Absolutely.

Submitted with Respects,

DT S41/II7

Retired Head Admin | R DT 1LT II7
Master Chief Game GIF by Halo

+support

-Leads by example

-Very good activity

-Easy to talk to

-Knows his shit in DT

-Serious member

Retired GL Member (R DT CPT DM8)

7 Year Forum Account + Long-Standing GL Supporter

Former: Death Trooper Vice Commander (Unit TI-23 Overseer), 501st ARC Chip, Unit TI-23 Medic M36, Seeker Company SGT SN04, 69th SSGT Chip, Admin/GMVII

star wars animation GIF

3 hours ago, Firekirby said:

+support

-Leads by example

-Very good activity

-Easy to talk to

-Knows his shit in DT

-Serious member

Current: Sovereign Protector| Super Admin |

Former: DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

DT-OFFICER-ACCEPTED.thumb.png.f1fd11c19576228df04bb6fcea66d71a.png

i am always correct and will always be better than you

#JusticeForTrojan #SlideForRacc #:3

Former: Imperial High Command | Deathtrooper Senior CommanderSenior Admin | Senior Forum Diplomat | Support Member

• Crunch locked this topic