Warns being removed - Denied

Monk

What are you suggesting? -  I am suggesting that warns that are 2 years old be removed (warns that didn't lead into a ban or cause a ban)

How would this change the server? -  It would make it so people that were warned in the beginning of 2019 not have to get banned for reaching the warn limit for things that happened over a year ago.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - I think there might be some disadvantages to the server because the staff might not know if they have done it before, so they don't know to verbal warn or full out warn them 

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  I feel like it would benefit players that had a lot of warns in the early days but have changed and the warns are holding them back to apply for example staff or event team and it would make them want to if there warns were lowered 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - n/a

Gensec 1LT  RnD IIN

+support, honestly makes sense, most people get warns while they are learning the server, if you are on the server for weeks on end you are just going to get warned for breaking them anyways it will do nothing for getting verbals even imo.

| SEC Armored Shield 1LT Wardens WC DHFTO | SVFTO Elite Medic |  SVFTO Maintenance Expert | Xray 42 | E11 CPL | Nu7 CPL | D5 PVT

+/- support

the warns that are from a while ago are meant for staff to see your warn experiences and time on the server so they can influence their outcome

maybe instead of removing them just make the warns that are 2+ years old not count towards [how many warns until you get banned]

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

-Support

If you earned the warn I see no reason it should go away, after all it shows that you have already been told about the rule and staff then know that you have already had a chance to look back at this rule. Sounds like an easy gateway to people coming back just to break rules again. 

Also, if your warns are that old people won’t care about it on applications. Hiding the history would allow old minges a way into staff without the burden of proving they changed.

Edited by Nydekore

Former: Deputy Head of Research | MTF Nu-7 Captain x2 | SCPRP Super Admin | MTF O-1 Major

56 minutes ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

If you earned the warn I see no reason it should go away, after all it shows that you have already been told about the rule and staff then know that you have already had a chance to look back at this rule. Sounds like an easy gateway to people coming back just to break rules again. 

Also, if your warns are that old people won’t care about it on applications. Hiding the history would allow old minges a way into staff without the burden of proving they changed.

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

7 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

Exactly what Nyde said, warns are there as like a track record so SMT ect... can track your progress and see if you have improved yourself over time.

Old warns become inactive anyways they only really count towards you ban threshold realistically, so if you have older warns but have made a better image for yourself and have genuinely changed as a person then theres nothing to really worry about because people will see/know that you have changed sense then. So all in all -SUPPORT

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

10 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

-Support Massively

-There are many people who were banned due to their warn limit being reached that would love to come back and try to ruin the server due to half of the warns they receive just gone.

-Most people who were warned 2 year ago still minge pretty much.

- It will just make staff lives more difficult in determining weather they should give someone a verbal warn, formal warn or a ban depending on how many warns you got (especially if its the same thing). 

-Pretty sure someone made a suggestion about this and it was denied.

10 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

The picture explains what I am. [DATA EXPU-]
space star GIF

13 hours ago, Tazza said:

+/- support

the warns that are from a while ago are meant for staff to see your warn experiences and time on the server so they can influence their outcome

maybe instead of removing them just make the warns that are 2+ years old not count towards [how many warns until you get banned]

I like this idea. If at all possible there could be a filter to show all warnings and a setting on it to only show warnings up to a time. That along with the warnings not counting towards a ban after a few years is great too

Edited by FusionThunder
Wording bad moment

spacer.png

18 hours ago, Nydekore said:

-Support

Former:

Assistant Maintenance Manager
RRH Engineer Sierra 4