Increase lighting - Denied

I like doughnuts

What are you suggesting? - update the lighting in  d block

How would this change better the server? - this would update the lighting of d block, as the current lighting situation you cannot tell the difference between gensec and d block from a distance 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - d class will see gensec easier? Everyone will be more visible 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - both d class and gensec, it would benefit d class by allowing them to see gensec easier when they are behind the barricades and gensec would be able to see any d class in the corner easier 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

Hello yes I’d like to pay the sun bill please 

+/- support

+ I can tell the difference between Dclass and gensec, but it can be tough to see who's who on the gensec side of things

- I think this will require a map update to do this

Retired E-11Captain Beepis 3R7H

"It takes many good deeds to build a good reputation, and only one bad one to lose it"

-Benjamin Franklin

1 hour ago, Beepis said:

- I think this will require a map update to do this

Yes. ^

I feel the lighting is fine. If you having trouble differentiating between a guy in an orange jumpsuit and the gray/black gear guys with guns, I think you need to get your vision checked. 
If it's models in general, CCs muddy up the differentiating but lighting wont fix that.

Honestly, the lighting is fine and the slight darkness adds to the aesthetic of the gloomy and dark Foundation. -Support

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

Lighting is fine adding more lights could cause server issues leading to lag

they already removed lights on the map for server performance 

-support

also a way to fix not being able to tell who’s who is to turn up game brightness 

Edited by Fieryphonix

[Retired] CI RND CDOP Fiery

Former: Security CPL | Delta-5 RCT | CI Military SGM  

20 hours ago, Coltable said:

We removed lights within the map to decrease are overall entity count on the server as we had crashing issues, since that fix back in july we have had much less crashes and i see no need for us to undo that work. 

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

On 9/17/2021 at 10:46 AM, Coltable said:

We removed lights within the map to decrease are overall entity count on the server as we had crashing issues, since that fix back in july we have had much less crashes and i see no need for us to undo that work. 

Coltable has spoken, and I don't think more lighting is necessary based on what I've seen while in D-block. 

Current:

A new story rises from the ashes

Former:

MTF Nu-7 SFTO & 2LT | D5 PVT | CI PFC | Moderator

-support

No more crash plz 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

• 3 weeks later...