096 update - Denied

Crazyhorse

What are you suggesting? -  To make SCP-096's Target Glow so he doesnt randomly run around looking for a guy hes supposed to kill without even knowing what he looks like.

How would this change better the server? -  better 096

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  nope

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 096

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -

• Dislike 1

- support

While its a good idea the reason I - support is because it will most likely cause lag. From knowledge is have on how sweps work in GMOD is that the script will have to constantly keep checking if the player is looking at 096 and that will require the swep to be constantly ticking and it will cause lag since the scrip is going to have to be constantly be updating, that's the reason why fire makes the server lag since its always checking to see if the player is on fire or not. If they manage to make the swep in a specific way to have in not require to constantly tick then it would be a great idea and I would of + supported it. I might be wrong since I'm not an expert with GMOD sweps, this is just based on my knowledge of them.

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

14 minutes ago, Toasty said:

- support

While its a good idea the reason I - support is because it will most likely cause lag. From knowledge is have on how sweps work in GMOD is that the script will have to constantly keep checking if the player is looking at 096 and that will require the swep to be constantly ticking and it will cause lag since the scrip is going to have to be constantly be updating, that's the reason why fire makes the server lag since its always checking to see if the player is on fire or not. If they manage to make the swep in a specific way to have in not require to constantly tick then it would be a great idea and I would of + supported it. I might be wrong since I'm not an expert with GMOD sweps, this is just based on my knowledge of them.

Demonically Inspired ..Nu7 CMDR rem love GIF

15 minutes ago, Toasty said:

- support

53 minutes ago, Toasty said:

- support

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

11 hours ago, Toasty said:

- support

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure that 096 is faster than a human lmfao

SCP-RP | Maintenance Expert | HLPR Bot bT5 | Senior Researcher | Senior Event Team Member

Custom Classes | Umbrella Corporation Operative

"Pathos"

14 hours ago, Toasty said:

- support

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

16 hours ago, Toasty said:

- support

This has been suggested many times for him to have a swep that outlines its enemies. It has been denied due to the swep causing lag and not being optimized well for the server. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

On 8/24/2021 at 11:43 PM, Toasty said:

- support

It is possible to do non laggy sightline checking on serverside using various optimizations such as only ticking on players in the same pvs or within a certain radius, only checking a percentage of the server pop per tick or even checking like once every 10 ticks or something and also general optimizations such as extensive variable localization and proper management of the player table in a way that doesn't create much garbage collection. In fact, I made a library a couple months ago just for performant serverside sightline checking that uses FOV and client aspect ratio for super accurate view checking which can be found here https://github.com/veesusmikelheir/gmod-sightlines/tree/master/lua

The swep would probably have to be custom made for the server with performance considerations as the top priority, as well as taking into account things like gaminglights low tickrate.

So it certainly is possible to implement this in a performant way. Which is why I'm going to:

+SUPPORT

Edited by voobis