SCP decals in CC - Denied

Toasty

Post name: SCP Decals 

What are you suggesting? - One thing I have noticed that happens a lot is people hopping on SCPs and not following the rules and playing them how they believe they should be played. I'm suggesting that there to be a Decal in every SCPs cc stating the specific rules on how to play the SCP so the player doesn't have to look through the MOTD to find the rules for that specific SCP

How would this change better the server? - I believe that if this was added to the server then it will cut down on the Fail RP and RDM sits that are made on new SCP players because they don't look at the MOTD. Also it would help a lot for new players to understand the SCP more and how to play them.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantages I think this would have is making someone have to create a decal for every SCP and put it in their CCs, the other disadvantage would be it could cause some lag having so many decals around the map but I'm not too sure if it would cause lag. Other then that I believe it would be beneficial to the server.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - This would benefit mainly everyone, SCP players wouldn't break rules for not reading the MOTD and help prevent them from getting warns. This will also help every other player on the server from getting RDM or other various Fail RP situations happening to them. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - N/A

• Like 1

Former: O5-10 "The Mad General" / SCP-RP Head Admin / CI 2LT / Security CPT

+support

definitely will help out with newer players learning how to play the scp and how to breach 

Current: 

Former: | RRH Sierra 47 | | E11 LCPL | | MJ | | AR | | Gensec SM | | CI SFC | | CI IA | | M | | Nu7 DHFE Lieutenant Colonel | | HTF A4 Z Viper A4 | | AH1Z Viper |

SCP-RP: | Former staff: 6/18/21 -> 11/18/21| | Staff 2x 2/26/22 -> 10/28/22 | | Joined: Apr, 2021~ |

+support

I myself have gotten confused with certain SCP rules as they are sometimes really hard to find because of how spread out the SCP Rules are. For refrence you have the general rules for SCP's, each individual SCP rules, and then the self breach SCP rules to go through, this is annoying when your looking for a specific SCP, so I believe decals with rules for the specific SCP in each CC would be a good change for newer players and more long-term players of the server

+Support

For clarifying some of the rules on SCPs.

-Support

For all the rules.

I feel that all of the SCP's rules would make it either too long, it should be their fault they didn't read the rules, or/and add clarifications on some SCP's rules. I also think that adding a decal itself would cause lag. So maybe just update the MOTD too.

Former:

𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐃𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐜𝐭𝐨𝐫 - 𝐒𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧

+/- Support
This can definitely be useful, yes but the decals cause more lag to people with lower end PC's. But it can be helpful to new players (Although they should read through the MOTD as soon as they join.)

Joined 09/30/2020
Retired 11/12/2022
Former Security SFC || Former MTF Omi9 MSGT || Former CI CPT/MAJ || Former Nu7 LTCOL/VCMDR || Former E11 CPL || Former Maintenance Professional || Former D5 CPT || Former Senior Medic || Former Advanced Researcher |

spacer.png

Placing a decal which states rules is unnecessary in my opinion, we would need to update a decal every single time we make a slight change to a SCP's rules. Explaining game-play of a job/branch is fine such as whats done in lower DBLOCK but I can see this being quite the hassle. Keep in mind every SCP has that initial 5 minute wait period which gives them plenty of time to read the MOTD. 

I understand the MOTD is long... but surely you've heard of CTRL + F search...

• Laughing 1

I recall Rangiatea specifically stating to me that it won't happen when I tried to add decals with rules and stuff to the SCP cells.

By the way, decals don't cause lag, as they're only one entity each.

Edited by Bread

lol, lmao even

On 7/22/2021 at 6:51 AM, ItzGray said:

+support

definitely will help out with newer players learning how to play the scp and how to breach 

Research Administrator | R.A.U. Commissioner | External Agent 3 "Oyasumi"

image.png.ef2fbf407892c884509d5e5c10e6fc2c.png