BruceyBoyo's Forum Diplomat Application

BruceyBoyo

Should BruceyBoyo be Forum Diplomat?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. Should BruceyBoyo be Forum Diplomat?

• Yes
    • No

In-Game Name: BruceyBoyo

Steam Name: [GL] BruceyBoyo

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:6828556

What is your staff rank and the server you work in? Senior Moderator on PoliceRP

How often are you online on the forums? Every day, checking regularly for new posts

Why do you believe you're qualified to serve as a Forum Diplomat?

I believe there are multiple reasons why I am qualified for the position of Forum Diplomat. Firstly. I have proved my competence and professionalism in my position as a Senior Moderator, and recently being accepted into support. I also check the forums regularly, and although my posting rate is dependent partly on how active the forums are overall especially in the PoliceRP section, I keep an eye on the PoliceRP section constantly and the rest of the forums regularly, so as a forum diplomat I would be easily able to keep myself updated with everything going on on the forums. In addition, I have read the forum diplomat handbook and forum rules several times in the past, and I have proved my ability to understand and follow rules by not having received a formal warning, strike in any RP department nor a staff strike (to my knowledge). Lastly I am both polite and genuinely friendly, and will do whatever I can to help someone who needs assistance with anything forum related. Overall, in every position I hold within Gaminglight, staff or RP, I am dedicated to learning, developing and bettering myself and I will apply the same principles to the Forum Diplomat position should I be accepted.

Would you consider yourself to have good judgement? If so, please describe a situation that required you to make a difficult decision?

I do consider myself to have good judgement. With four command positions and a staff position on PoliceRP, difficult decisions are common – one time I had to make one, although I was not the one making the final decision, was in my early days as SCO19 command when I was asked to recommend one of the two possible candidates for command – one of the candidates had been my friend since the day I joined the server, but I had to think professionally and recommend the other candidate who had much more command experience. In terms of cases where the final decision was made directly by me, although I dislike demoting people, I had to issue a 3 rank demotion in PD once due to the officer displaying extreme disregard for the rules of the department or server, despite the hard work they put into achieving their rank which is difficult for me to undo.

How would you deal with a situation where a user is spamming in various topics due to getting banned from one of our servers?

I would DM them about the situation, informing them politely and respectfully that spamming is not allowed and is not the way to get unbanned, and advising them on how to go about appealing the ban. I would give them any further help they needed to appeal the ban if they chose to take my advice. If the person ignored me and continued spamming, I would hide their spam posts and inform the Head Diplomat of the situation. In extreme and urgent cases, such as if the user was online and actively spamming offensive or dangerous content such as hate speech, NSFW content or dangerous links, I would consider contacting a member of SMT as a last resort if the Head Diplomat was unavailable in order to swiftly handle the situation and minimize exposure.

How would you deal with a situation where two users are aggressively arguing with each other in a warning appeal?

I would post a clearly identifiable forum diplomat message in the thread reminding users to keep responses to + and - supports only and that the thread may be locked if arguing continues. If the arguing continued I would hide any further posts, lock the thread and inform the Head Diplomat of the situation. If any posts prior to the warning message were in flagrant breach of forum rules such as threats, slurs etc. then I would hide those posts and contact the Head Diplomat immediately regardless of whether the arguing continued after the message.

Deputy Commissioner of Police

Former SCO19 Chief Constable | Reserve HRT Commander | Reserve FBI Assistant Director

+ Support

-Good Application 

- Active on the forums 

-Dedicated to the community 

-Good staff member 

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

1 hour ago, [GL] Dark said:

+ Support

-Good Application 

- Active on the forums 

-Good staff member 

Good Luck!

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐓𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐢𝐧 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐀𝐝𝐦𝐢𝐧 | 𝐅𝐨𝐫𝐮𝐦 𝐃𝐢𝐩𝐥𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐭 | 𝐒𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐫 𝐆𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟

On 7/21/2021 at 5:34 AM, [GL] Dark said:

+ Support

-Good Application 

- Active on the forums 

-Good staff member 

sums up my thoughts exactly! big ole +support from me

That bald Aussie Guy

+Support
Friendly
Active
Mature
Good App

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

• Manager

Accepted

Congratulations and welcome to the team!

Training instructions will be announced in the Forum Diplomat announcements in discord.

〖  PoliceRP Senior Management Team | Manager

〖  Lead Account Manager  〗

• Nimo locked this topic