new hud suggestion in game - Denied

Darkrat

What are you suggesting? -  a compass hud

How would this change better the server? -  It will help people to coordinate the team on ennemy or scps or hostile locations.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  there is coding to do if you want to change the colour or any other thing.

Who would this change mostly benefit? -  The combatant jobs.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1452363997 

here is the workshop

- Support

While it’s cool, heres why it hasn’t been added yet. I’ve come across this issue several times when trying to implement new SWEPs, the issue is, with how these tracking programs are made, it has to CONSTANTLY track for players around you 24/7. With SCP-RPs current playerbase, this would slow down processing by a MILE. The server would consistently lag because its always watching each and every players location. This is why we don’t use the Spectate command if theres 100+ players. If 128 players are basically all doing the spectate command constantly. I would be amazed if the server stayed online for 15 seconds

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

-Support

Its cool, but it could cause major lag and is not needed very much.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

- Support

Would also make 106’s PD useless as people would find the direction with the compass.

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

-Support

-While I've seen other servers use this addon, and while it's cool we just wouldn't use it, our server isn't RP oriented enough for it to be worth having, most servers I've seen use this lean more towards serious roleplay.

-We have a lot of addons on our server so when adding an addon there is a change that it'll collide with another addon, in this case sense the HUD is in the center of the screen it would collide with the XP bar, 106 maze, and etc.

+mCompass simply wouldn't cause much lag, it just gets the world position your looking at and labels it at the top, wouldn't require anything heavy to run on the server as most of the lua would be running on the client.

local teenage father :3

Retired: ci ddop cloaker s1mp

Ex Senior Moderator

Ex Event Team

-support

-can be useful but it's extremely situational.

Resigned CI CMDR Gar  | Former E11 SGT Gar | RRH Guardian Yankee 42 | Former D5 CPL Gar (one of the first) A1 Steak Sauce I Farmer Gar

On 5/20/2021 at 8:18 AM, NeoID said:

- Support

While it’s cool, heres why it hasn’t been added yet. I’ve come across this issue several times when trying to implement new SWEPs, the issue is, with how these tracking programs are made, it has to CONSTANTLY track for players around you 24/7. With SCP-RPs current playerbase, this would slow down processing by a MILE. The server would consistently lag because its always watching each and every players location. This is why we don’t use the Spectate command if theres 100+ players. If 128 players are basically all doing the spectate command constantly. I would be amazed if the server stayed online for 15 seconds

THE BEST AMPHIBIAN

Custom Classes | Cybernetic Protective Unit Owner | A Normal D-Class Owner

On 5/20/2021 at 10:26 AM, Guinea Pig said:

- Support

Would also make 106’s PD useless as people would find the direction with the compass.

106's PD would be too easy to escape, and i cant think of situations people would actually use this.

Former: Medic Supervisor (Command), MTF Alpha-01 Engineer and Event Team

Denied. The SCP-RP SMT has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."