Snar - False Warn Report- Denied

Nao

Your In-game: Butter Nao or Yppird

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:58189148

The admin's name in-game: Snar

The admin's steam name (If you know it): Snar - Gaminglight.com

What warning did you receive: Cop Bait/Priority Rules

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): 74923092_Snarwarn.thumb.png.04af8c8f1787168a91f44ade72e5d8d0.png

Why do you think this warn was false: I was driving down my normal route with my mustang when I see Snar doing a traffic stop I just swerve out of the way to not hit him, after I make my second round (about a minute after) I stop next to him confronting him "Why are you parked in the middle of the road?" (obviously just being difficult and not serious), after that I just drive off no problems. After about a minute or two I'm driving down the road when Snar comes in my lane so I swerve out of the way but then he cuts me off. At this point I am genuinely confused and tell him I could just pull over, he then gets out of his car pointing a gun at me yelling at me to get out of my car so I start taking off. A bit later I receive a warning for the above reason. Fear RP was also brought up but I started running after only Snar had a gun out and before the other SRT started pulling their guns out (if you watch closely the video supports this).

Any extra information: I don't mean any disrespect against Snar in any way I just believe this warn was false. 

Video shows basically every interaction with him that would have anything to do with the warn. Unfortunately at the time my medal wasn't recording any sound. The video was cut just for the sake of time. 

Edit: Title changed by itself, fixed it.

Edited by Nao

No it's not "Nano" or "Noah" it's just "Nao"

EX S.W.A.T Commander

• Nao changed the title to Snar - False Warn Report

https://medal.tv/clips/3sLokyqndKXLo/QYoXTEZhgvxl

Here is the full clip. You drove by twice in the duration of the traffic stop, the second time fully stopping your vehicle in the road, holding your horn and telling officers to "move their vehicles". This is copbait, no matter how much you want to deny it. You then tried to make excuses to me as to why its not, such as you are rping as a "rowdy citizen". If this was the case, everyone could use this excuse and the copbait rule would be useless.

As for priority rules, just because a weapon is pointed at you, this is not a threat to your life. It is common protocol in the server to point weapons at anyone you are wanting to exit. This is due to FearRP restrictions. You did not have to run as you and I both know that your stop reason was the speeding, felony speeding for that matter. You cannot just run because you want to.

Lead Account Manager

Backend Operations | Custom  Jobs | Proud Member since 2017

Neutral

I'm going to try and be as unbiased as i can. I could see how it could be seen as copbait but i'll stay neutral on that because it's essentially staff's discretion, However usually people don't call "Speeding next to a cop" copbait especially since he clearly avoided hitting you. As for the Priority Rules I'm going to have to side with Nao because if you're in a felony stop your life is in danger and you can drive off. This was clearly not a simple traffic stop for speeding. Lastly since there was talk of FearRP to run off this is what I disagree the most with because you need 2 to place under fearRP and Nao was already driving before the 2nd Gov pulled out their weapon and you may not place someone under fearRP who is already driving. I honestly think this is just a misunderstanding and it may have come off as mingy to Snar but in my experience this is how most people act in RP in this scenario.

EDIT: I'm going to stay Neutral because i keep having mixed feelings about the copbait. However i feel pretty strongly that Nao didn't break Priority Rules.

Edited by The.Batman (Faustin)

image.png.5bc21508a1ab5e81e97be92d1393e045.png

Just to clarify

1. Nao isnt being punished for cop bait due to speeding past me. Nao obviously drove back around the route and decided to stop in the middle of the road, hold his horn, and gain 3 police officers attention for being "parked in the middle of the road". He knew what he was doing here, he has been here long enough.

2. The priority rule section of the warn is still in question as the rules are a bit non specific on this.

3. I had already made the decision to warn for copbait prior to the end of the pursuit you got into. The actions after running had no impact on his warn reason

Here is the clip with sound. As you can see, Nao intentionally throws my attention away from the traffic stop to look at his vehicle instead. This disrupts the RP scenario, and players have been warned for this exact type of behavior before, why is Nao any different?

Lead Account Manager

Verbal warnings are for those who don't know the rules. When you break the rules, punishments occur, and Nao with his experience already is aware and following the copbaiting rules. No slaps on the wrist

Lead Account Manager

My response to Snar and all other comments: 
In this instance I honked, was messing around when I told you you were parked in the middle of the road, and drove away no problems. In the motd it states "Cop baiting is intentionally breaking the law or annoying a police officer in an attempt to have them arrest/confront you." In this case I was not trying to get you to confront me or arrest me I was merely just making a remark about your parking in an RP way. Causing annoyance would imply me having repeatedly distracted you or honked at you but in this instance it was only once. I would see cop bait if I repeatedly honked and yelled at you but that clearly is not the case. The whole second instance was only about 5 seconds long and for as little as I did, a warning for cop bait is very extreme. 

When we had our chat in PMs you went back on a couple parts of your warn which makes me believe that you warned me on impulse, maybe maybe not. But maybe from your viewpoint it may have looked like cop bait and priority rules at the time but with just a couple minutes of looking at the other side, it really wasn't. 

No it's not "Nano" or "Noah" it's just "Nao"

EX S.W.A.T Commander

10 hours ago, SupremeChow said:

+Support

Warn seems valid

In my opinion should be reduced to a verbal. 

I agree with supreme you may say that he knows the rules. But the way the server has been in last couple of months if this was cop bait half the server would be banned for the 40 warn threshold. I do feel that this was mingy on naos part and I agree this is copbait but I feel that it’s not fair to nao for him to be warned for this when I don’t think any other staff memeber would have warned for this. Honestly this seems on the line and pretty minute. I feel like the copbait rules and priority rules need more detail from this specific instance instead of punishing the player. 

when it comes to priority rules everyone has came to the conclusion at this point that if a person draws a gun on you in a stop you have a valid reason to run because your life is in danger. As long as it is 1 gun honestly it would be quite stupid having no choice but to cooperate and get yourself arrested. I feel like In no ways did nao break priority rules and he was completely in the right here. 

• Like 2

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png