D class mining changes

Reznov

What are you suggesting? - Since mining has been re-added I feel as though there should more outlets to obtain a pickaxe. As it stands the only jobs with the pickaxe are the expert, pro, and scavenger d class jobs. Two of these are donator exclusive leaving the scavenger to be the only way for non donator d class to get a pickaxe. I suggest either re adding the D class miner job which only had the level requirement ( I suggest make the level requirement 15)  or add a creatable pickaxe to the work bench. Since diamonds have no current use what so ever the pickaxe could cost 5 diamonds and 10 wood to craft. This would put it at a clean $5,000 to craft. 

How would this change better the server? - Give more opportunities to new players to mine and give better incentive to donate for donator jobs. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - None that I can think of. 

Who would this change mostly benefit? - D class that wish to mine. 

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - None required all is already on server. 

• Like 1

Founder of Reznov

+support.

It would help with the mining situation. 

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

+Support

Former CI CPT|  Guts Mexican                                                                                                                                                                                                                                       

“I will protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”

—Second Ideal of the Windrunners

5 hours ago, Chief_ said:

+support.

It would help with the mining situation. 

makes it more open to people new to the server to make money as that is a common question newer people ask

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

Allowing everyone to craft a pickaxe is out of the question. I will consider the job getting readded if this post gets more supports 

PENDING

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."

On 4/9/2021 at 12:53 AM, recon said:

+/SUPPORT LEANING TOWARDS POSITIVE

Instead of making a whole new job, just up the limit of people that can go on D class scavenger from 5 to maybe 10.

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

+ Support

I don't see any harm in adding back the D-Class miner, and would give newer players a chance to use the mine since the miner was previously a lower level cap. While doing something like upping the amount of people who can be on Scavenger could work, players still have to wait till they're lvl 20, so having a lower lvl class that only has fists and the pickaxe would be pretty nice for everyone! And it's not that op anyways since something like the Miner class would only have 100 HP, so it should keep Security on their toes, but not annihilating them either : )

On 4/10/2021 at 1:18 PM, Coolcaz11 said:

+ Support

I don't see any harm in adding back the D-Class miner, and would give newer players a chance to use the mine since the miner was previously a lower level cap. While doing something like upping the amount of people who can be on Scavenger could work, players still have to wait till they're lvl 20, so having a lower lvl class that only has fists and the pickaxe would be pretty nice for everyone! And it's not that op anyways since something like the Miner class would only have 100 HP, so it should keep Security on their toes, but not annihilating them either : )

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png