Banned for a racist name.- Denied

Tingo

11 minutes ago, TotalbanRJ said:

Hey before you negative rep me hear me out 😎

Honestly bro you make a very fair comment, I'm happy that someone is taking this from a neutral stance.

14 minutes ago, TotalbanRJ said:

You claimed staff didn't really communicate with you but without really any evidence about that no one can really do much.

I've actually got a small bit of footage where I'm trying to explain myself and argue against the allegations and Roberto starts making jokes and gags me.

I would like to apologise for Slurper's keyboard in the background and how angry I sound because I was genuinely upset over this.

mate show the actual part that then emily comes in and tells you were been racist with another 2 mods and also that i dont want to say you are racist never said you were i banned you because of your name ok, i dont want you to feel like you are racist its just what i saw as your name was that. other admins i asked not gonna say names and super admins told me "it is racist and its a one week ban". im not gonna carry this out but i want to make sure you know that you are not racist its just you decided to put that as your name and you got the consequences of that name. simple as that and you cant be going around saying i will switch it because you still did and people reported you for it.

also why did you clip the part that you were screaming and thats why i gaged you for it

and i muted you because you were putting in chat "bros im getting banned for been racist" and saying stuff in chat about the sit that people did not have to listen

2 hours ago, TotalbanRJ said:

tf are you talking about 

Anyways,
-Support
Hey before you negative rep me hear me out 😎
There is definitely a chance you are telling the truth and that it is a genuine mistake but that doesn't excuse the fact that "NG6A" is so close to the Nword and in game it looks like it. 
If it is a mistake then that is unfortunate because the mistake you made is still a big one and a ban-able offense.
You claimed staff didn't really communicate with you but without really any evidence about that no one can really do much.

I personally think this could have been a big mistake BUT that still doesn't excuse the fact that it is a ban-able offence.

I think that @robertomanjinicould've definitely handled this a lot better than he did especially as a staff member he seems to just be arguing with you guys.
Also I highly doubt that this guy advertised his ban appeal and without evidence I reckon you lot should stop crying about it because you have 0 evidence to go off of.

what i mean @TotalbanRJis that i have proof of his friends saying to go to his app and put negative support on people and to reply to his unban request because there his friends. and i was not arguing as you see in the clip he was trying to find ways of me been racist or doing something wrong tho he was saying "how im i been racist" tho many staff members came up and told him about his name 

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

I Had reports from Buk and Wolffie both saying that your name was racist and that you where ERPing in ooc chat I reported it and then you tried to throw the blame on to someone else like manjini and I  by saying that my name was racist and that his Profile picture was racist even emily came over and said that Your name was racist robertomanjini handled it extremely well in my eyes you had no intent of cooperating with manjini. You also tried to play it off as you "randomly"  put that combination as your call sign.

-Support for this ban appeal 

Edited by jpackis220

18 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

mate show the actual part that then emily comes in and tells you were been racist with another 2 mods

1) I have no idea what you're on about as I never spoke to Emily, maybe you spoke to her about it afterwards I'm not sure. 2) I don't have the entire thing recorded, if I did manage to record the entire thing I would've sent it. However, these are the only two clips I got.

22 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

i dont want you to feel like you are racist

From the amount of stuff you've said I'm not really getting that vibe.

24 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

just you decided to put that as your name and you got the consequences of that name.

I never decided to put that in my name, me and Slurper wanted to play as Purge for the event so I quickly changed my name and class, entering a random callsign as I couldn't remember exactly what it previously was (anyone could've done the same)

32 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

also why did you clip the part that you were screaming and thats why i gaged you for it

I clipped the part because you gagged me as I was trying to argue against the reason for the ban, sure I raised my voice but we'd be arguing for at least 20mins and I was starting to get fed up and angry.

27 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

is that i have proof of his friends saying to go to his app

What proof? We've gone over this in previous comments, they went out of their own way to support me, I had no say in it.

31 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

i was not arguing as you see in the clip he was trying to find ways of me been racist or doing something wrong tho he was saying "how im i been racist" tho many staff members came up and told him about his name 

In the clip you weren't arguing he was on about you arguing with me and Slurper in this chat.
As for the "trying to find ways of me been racist", again I was trying to argue my point that if anything your profile picture is racist as sure it depicts a monkey but it's a Mii character (which is a representation of a human player) 

21 minutes ago, jpackis220 said:

you tried to throw the blame on to someone else like manjini and I  by saying that my name was racist and that his Profile picture was racist

I never tried to throw the blame on to you two, I was arguing my point that if NG6A is racist then his profile picture and your name (especially) is racist as it follows the same premises.
(Jpackis contains a British slur for Pakistanis so wouldn't that fall under the same category?) 

24 minutes ago, jpackis220 said:

robertomanjini handled it extremely well in my eyes you had no intent of cooperating with manjini. You also tried to play it off as you "randomly"  put that combination as your call sign.

Roberto did not handle this well. He argued with me for more than 20mins, made jokes, gagged and muted me even tho I hadn't said anything wrong. There was a point where I tried to call another admin and he closed my request. I am very confident in saying that he did not handle this in a mature, proper way.

I never tried to "play it off" as I randomly typed that combination in because I honestly did randomly type it in, I've not got the best memory for call-signs especially when it's a combination of numbers and letters 

Look I really want to be unbanned. I feel like I've been treated incredibly unfairly here, I was unaware of what I had done and the fact that I was accused of racism too was serious to me; hence why I reacted the way that I did. But I feel that the situation was not handled properly or fairly which is why I am typing this message right now.
You've got a great server and I loved playing on it for the time I was on. I hope to be able to play on it again soon.

If you look at 'NG6A' and see that as the n-word then there's probably an issue with you and your mindset, I'm sorry but it's true, or you're just looking for issues which aren't there which is more likely the case. I don't understand how any logical human being looks at that and even thinks that it's even close to the n-word, it's baffling beyond belief. I find it wild that as adults we are even having this pointless and stupid discussion about whether 'NG6A' is racist (and this is my last input on this because it's ridiculous), I'm not one to scream snowflake normally but it applies very fittingly in this situation. 

16 minutes ago, Tingo said:

Look I really want to be unbanned. I feel like I've been treated incredibly unfairly here, I was unaware of what I had done and the fact that I was accused of racism too was serious to me; hence why I reacted the way that I did. But I feel that the situation was not handled properly or fairly which is why I am typing this message right now.
You've got a great server and I loved playing on it for the time I was on. I hope to be able to play on it again soon.

First i want to say i know you want to play on the server and we thank you for liking the server this much, but every server has rules and those rules have to met at the point im going with this is that even tho you life the server and are community that we thank you, you have to also follow the rules and even tho you did not mean to put that as your name its still what you put and thats the thing you got reported by. And thats what i based of the report. As people have told you i tried my best to get info about your name and 7/7 people i asked they told me it was racist. Im not trying to make this a bigger deal but its just what i had to do at that moment was valid for other admins that have told you that your name in purge either way is not valid and also told you that your name is racist. All and all i want to make clear that i thank you for having this much love for are community and server and i thank you for playing on the server.

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

-Support

There's no need for all this pointless bickering and arguing, you essentially chat bypassed the N word in your "already incorrectly formatted in game name" that was nearly 99% in resemblance with the N word, and that's that.

Me and JMT Emily actually had to get involved and try to explain to you how and why it was inappropriate, yet you decided to ignorantly defend yourself even whilst we tried to reason with you and explain to you how and why you needed to change your name, and in doing so, you've landed yourself with a 100% deserved and justified ban, and that's the end of that. There's absolutely no reason to continue from this point on, all that's left from here is that you accept your wrongdoing, move on and learn from it. 

Gaminglight Imperial RP is a fun server with a great community, and unfortunately for you, we do have rules, and these rules and requirements will be meet as absolutely no one is exempt from them.

@Novah Can corroborate this if need be.

Edited by Stinker
  • Like 1

Ex-Sovereign Protector Ved Kennede| Padré Steel | Senior Moderator

image.png.500e84e1011882dfd01364d333b4744a.png

-=Forums Diplomat Message=-
Keep Replies to +/- Supports Only.

• Thanks 1

PoliceRP Ex CERT Commander 〗〖 Last Dispatch Director 
ImperialRP Ex Second Sister 〗〖 Ex Seventh Sister 
Staff Ex PoliceRP Senior Admin 〗〖 Ex PoliceRP Senior Event Team 〗〖 Ex Senior Forums Diplomat 〗〖 Ex Support Supervisor 

-Support

As I was the admin who told Manjini to pull the trigger and ban you. Please note that our community does NOT tolerate racism in any shape, way, or form. You might not have though your callsign was racist but "NG6A" is just way too close. Yes, the situation should've been handled better and Manjini still has things he needs to work on in that area. But the ban is valid. Admins are the middle ground between players, I believe that in this situation you weren't heard out at all. Just labeled as a "racist" which upset you. I understand that. However you have to take a step back as well and see that your callsign is problematic. I'll be talking with Manjini myself on how to handle situations better and remain neutral even in heated moments. You should not have been labeled as a racist more as told that your callsign did racism.

All in all it's only a week ban. When you come back change your callsign to something more appropriate. So this doesn't happen in the future.

Best of luck.

Retired General | Resigned Assistant Head-Gamemaster & ImperialRP Super Admin 

GM of the month February 2021 / Staff of the month March 2021

+ 1

It’s a very common call sign... This just seems like going out of someone’s way to find a reason to ban them. There was no racist intent and the call sign is a common call sign in my opinion...

Guy joined 3 days ago and about to be banned for a misunderstanding, jesus.

The way the staff handled the situation is extremely unprofessional. The staff DIDN'T even let the guy finish explaining and just gag him. This was an absolute disaster of a staff sit and quite frankly, some action needs to be done to make staff sits more efficient in the future.

I remember a guy who got warned for RDM just because he killed a guy who asked for a reset, this is like this situation all over again but we don't talk about it.

Edited by Hope

osu! achiever? I don't know

On 4/7/2021 at 6:48 PM, milford said:

-Support

As I was the admin who told Manjini to pull the trigger and ban you. Please note that our community does NOT tolerate racism in any shape, way, or form. You might not have though your callsign was racist but "NG6A" is just way too close. Yes, the situation should've been handled better and Manjini still has things he needs to work on in that area. But the ban is valid. Admins are the middle ground between players, I believe that in this situation you weren't heard out at all. Just labeled as a "racist" which upset you. I understand that. However you have to take a step back as well and see that your callsign is problematic. I'll be talking with Manjini myself on how to handle situations better and remain neutral even in heated moments. You should not have been labeled as a racist more as told that your callsign did racism.

All in all it's only a week ban. When you come back change your callsign to something more appropriate. So this doesn't happen in the future.

Best of luck.

I agree with Milford are community is not lenient on racism we are very strict with it. My advice is to just wait out the 1 week ban  

| EX Army HC for Imperial | EX DT SNR CMDR |  EX IC VCMDR SEV|
| EX Imperial Head Admin  | 𝐒𝐮𝐩𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭 |

While the staff that handled your sit could have handled it better, and that may have altered the outcome of your sit. Your previous ban history looks extremely bad on you. You already have a Permanent ban on one of our servers for Mass Racism, and have been banned on Imperial previously. 

download.png

world things GIF
『Retired Head of Staff on ImperialRP』