Banned for a racist name.- Denied

Tingo

1. Steam Name: Tingo

2. Ingame Name: Purge PVT Ombudman NG64

3. SteamID: STEAM_0:1:597665653

4. Ban Length: 1 Week

5. Admin that Banned you: [GL]robertomanjini

6. Reason for Ban: Racist name

7. Dispute: I was brought maybe 30-50mins ago about ERP in the chat by Jpacki (or something like that) and a racist name, we worked out the ERP problem as I wasn't then aware of ERP not being allowed on this server as I couldn't find anything about it on the motd.

Anyway, we moved onto the name thing. I didn't understand what was wrong with my name and wanted to know how my name was racist. [GL]robertomanjini wasn't yet part of the sit, However he kept intruding and the other admin (sorry i couldn't remember their name) had to push him back to be able to listen to what i was saying.
After some talking I apologised as I had no idea that it was racist (I was told to make my name 2 letters and 2 numbers, I chose them at random) I offered to change my name to something different in a way of compensation but they weren't having it.
The sit started to escalate and to be honest I was starting to get offended. I made the point that if anything Jpacki should be charged with the same as his name has a slur in it.
I mean it's obvious that his name means something else to him, and anything like that would be completely unintentional.

After a while the admin dropped the sit. However [GL]robertomanjini brought me back and continued to accuse me of being racist. He asked another admin (Nice I believe) what was "wrong" with my name. The admin said he didn't understand what was wrong with my name until someone dragged him away and explained it to him.
Throughout the entire sit nobody really explained the problem, they just told me it was racist... It got to the point where Roberto even gagged me when I was trying to exclaim that I still didn't understand which I feel was incredibly rude and uncalled for. 

Obviously I would like to be unbanned as I want to continue playing on the server with the friend's I've made and if I am unbanned I would happily change my name. 
I feel that this was handled incredibly poorly, especially on Robertomanjini's part where he started to get slightly personal towards the end.

A5328F10-4D6F-461B-A41D-E9CE8A5F6DEB.jpeg

i mean considering you did something racist by your name been NG6A and then saying you did not know and then emily going up to you and saying you were been racist and then another 2 mods said you were and on top of that have a senior admin tell me that your name was racist all i have to say is a super admin said you were been racist then 2 other mods told you were been racist that's enough confirmation to say you were been racist 

@jpackis220

@Spaghetti

and then emily and steel

were involved and here is the clip/pic of your name

and the "4" it was an A so dont miss those details 

and you also were not been understandable and people had to mute/gag and jail you for you saying "i did not mean to type that tho the the G and the 6 are really far from each other

@Nimo

btw you also got kicked for purge for the name and ERP tho i did not feel like i should have banned you for the ERP due to the simple fact no one had any proof

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

*before I write this, I want people to know that this is my friend from real life, I think people should know that*

+ Support

We were trained together as Purge the other day (plus one other guy), we were being rushed as we needed to be toured around and we randomly picked names, mine was GG45 (I was worried GG wouldn't be allowed) and his was NG6A (as above) and the guy who trained us said all was okay and then we went on our tour. 

I was in Discord with Ombudsman at the time of this happening and he was being calm and offering to change is name MULTIPLE times, obviously I couldn't hear the admins in the sit but he seemed chill from my end.

33 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

i mean considering you did something racist by your name been NG6A and then saying you did not know and then emily going up to you and saying you were been racist and then another 2 mods said you were and on top of that have a senior admin tell me that your name was racist all i have to say is a super admin said you were been racist then 2 other mods told you were been racist that's enough confirmation to say you were been racist 

This is confusing/poorly written, what were the other claims of racism? I was in a call with him and heard him say nothing of that sort. 

33 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

btw you also got kicked for purge for the name and ERP tho i did not feel like i should have banned you for the ERP due to the simple fact no one had any proof

This is also confusing, you had no proof of the ERP yet it was in chat??? (he apologised for this anyway) yet you banned him for racism without having any proof of that whatsoever, I didn't even think that NG6A looks anything like the n-word (and clearly neither did the guy who trained him) but maybe I'm not as observant as much as the average person.

It's just upsetting that my friend who I like to play with has been banned for randomly picking a name which looked vaguely like the n-word, I think a week ban is incredibly harsh considering people who actually say the n-word get the same length of time and now I'm going to have to play for a week without my mate which obviously sucks. Maybe I'm bias because I know the guy but this is my point of view from being in the Discord with him at the time. My final thought is that he was going to be banned all along, I feel like the mod wanted to ban him and was set in this mindset from the start, I think this is incredibly unfair. I even spoke to Jpackis after this all happened and he even said he didn't want him banned, this is the guy who reported him. 

Edited by Slurper
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

i mean considering you did something racist by your name been NG6A

I already established that I didn't understand at the time how NG6A was racist. I do now ofc but I had no idea this was racist.

18 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

emily going up to you and saying you were been racist and then another 2 mods said you were and on top of that have a senior admin tell me that your name was racist all i have to say is a super admin said you were been racist then 2 other mods told you were been racist that's enough confirmation to say you were been racist

This never happened, I mean if it did it certainly didn't happen that way. I don't even think Emily was on at the time? As for the other two I only remember talking to you and the guy who first started the sit.

20 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

and the "4" it was an A so dont miss those details 

My bad bro, I copied my name off the roster as I wanted to make sure I got the right name for the appeal.

21 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

people had to mute/gag and jail you for you saying "i did not mean to type that tho the the G and the 6 are really far from each other

1) You were the only person to mute/gag me 2) I never said that, I said "I didn't mean to intentionally type that, I hit two keys at random" and then you said the N and G are really far apart from each other to which i said "They are right next to one and other"
If however, I did mention the "G" and "6", I would've never have said that they are far from each other as they are within 2cm of each other, that doesn't make sense to me?

29 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

That's fine, imo that's a very fair punishment for the ERP.
But what I don't understand is how you said originally that you were gonna give me the choice of a ban for ERP or a ban for Racism of which you said would both be a week.
But now you're acting like there's no evidence even though I admitted to it and we sorted the issue out. Jpacki gave the admin before you all the evidence he would need and I explained how the other guy was doing it also, we sorted that out.

• Like 1

want to say i can just see this 2 are friends because the guy that wrote made his acc today and also this is his first time writing so either its a friend or a smurf

39 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

That's fine, imo that's a very fair punishment for the ERP.
But what I don't understand is how you said originally that you were gonna give me the choice of a ban for ERP or a ban for Racism of which you said would both be a week.
But now you're acting like there's no evidence even though I admitted to it and we sorted the issue out. Jpacki gave the admin before you all the evidence he would need and I explained how the other guy was doing it also, we sorted that out. 

btw having ERP is still a 1 week ban btw what i was told by a high admin

• Dislike 1

EX-Star fighter Marshall

EX-NCM Secretary

FAV SMT-bop

x-wing GIF by Star Wars

17 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

want to say i can just see this 2 are friends because the guy that wrote made his acc today and also this is his first time writing so either its a friend or a smurf

I admitted this in my post mate, can you not see that?

Edit: Also multiple people on the server probably recognise me, I'm relatively new (2 days game time) but I've made some good friends. I can join the server and talk to you if you want to hear my voice for proof that it's not an ALT and therefore is not the same person (or ask Jpackis as I spoke to him after).

Edited by Slurper
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

yea i can tho i want to tell you that this then means you are advertising and in a way gaminglight does not allow that....

I don't understand. You're looking for tiny things to be critical on when the main issue the ban the reason for it. Let's leave it and wait for others to see and give their opinion, it's important to get a general consensus on this.

Edited by Slurper

3 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

no i mean you have told your friend to reply to your unban thats simple and i have proof of his name been racist. 

You don't have proof that he intended to make it racist. He randomly picked letters and it appears to look VERY vaguely like the n-word and you've assumed that as being intentionally racist, but like I said before, lets wait to hear the POV of people who aren't bias (like me and you).

Edited by Slurper
  • Dislike 1

- Support 

When it comes to the admin it's mostly up to them to choose whether or not it is racist, but in the appeal you state that your name was NG64 which is a fine name but in the screenshot it shows NG6A which goes towards the n-word. Secondly when I told you that that name is bad and that you should change it, you proceeded to defend and after I told you what it sounded like you still acted like it was fine. I do not have video evidence of this but if you can prove otherwise my opinion will stay the same.

• Like 3

〖ImperialRP〗Ex: 69th Medical Corps Commander (4/12/21 - 6/10/21)Senior ModeratorGM0 || Current: N/A || Ph.D. in Minging | ❤️ Medical

"Mmmmm Monkey" ~ Sun Tzu

Medical_emblem.png.2130abd51a4e7aab05326b0a9a4b8327.png

11 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

you proceeded to defend and after I told you what it sounded like you still acted like it was fine.

I didn't act like it was fine I offered to change it, multiple times. If I appeared to act like it was "fine" it's because I didn't (at the time) understand why it's racist.

11 minutes ago, Spaghetti said:

but in the screenshot it shows NG6A

Yea I forgot what my exact name was. So when I changed to purge I entered the numbers/letters from what I remembered. (A kinda looks like a 4)

EDIT: I actually just found a screenshot from last night during the ST with force powers event and my name was NG94 so i must've mistaken the 9 for a 6 and the 4 for an A (if you need more pics I can do some more digging)

image.thumb.png.e66ad4ca281c9ce8d573a3e522761847.png

Edited by Tingo

+support

I was recruited into purge at the same time as the two others in this thread, (tingo and slurper) by Zilk and since we bonded during our recruitment they both invited me to play some TTT later on that night. I added them on discord and we joined the server back again today during the rebel event earlier tonight. After the event we were patrolling the map and I got separated from the two and a bit later I noticed Tingo was banned from the server for racism. So I messaged Tingo and asked him how he got banned and he said robertomanjini banned him for racism. Tingo told me he was banned for his callsign which was NG6A, Tingo and I spoke about how he was banned and to me as an outside opinion it looks very one sided and unprofessional. I fully believe that Tingo did not do this on purpose and that this is some huge misunderstanding. I've only known Tingo for three or so days and yet we've bonded on the ice fields of Hoth killing rebel scum.

I'll see him on the other side regardless of the outcome.

Edited by headshaver
I did not see the message about message length above
  • Dislike 1

Im gonna be honest guys... NG6A isnt really racist, it's not trying to go around any censorship.
Im gonna have to +support this until more is provided.

Also while advertising a player report is frowned upon it's really only Applications for positions and staff which aren't allowed.

-support
Ban is just, and you ain't supposed to have 3 letters and 1 number its 2 letters and 2 numbers so its clearly pretty obvious that you were trying to put the nword in that, and i know that as i am IQ Command so this ban is valid in my eyes.

(ImperialRP Ranks)ImperialRP EX Naval MO Lieutenant|EX Havoc 1st Lieutenant| Ex Seventh Sister
 (Divisions)ImperialRP Senior Gamemaster-retired Gamemaster Of Month For January 2021| Forums Diplomat-retired ImperialRP Senior Admin-retired

Just now, jensonbarnes said:

-support
Ban is just, and you ain't supposed to have 3 letters and 1 number its 2 letters and 2 numbers so its clearly pretty obvious that you were trying to put the nword in that, and i know that as i am IQ Command so this ban is valid in my eyes.

Former: Grand Inquisitor   Lead Admin
sasuke GIF

6 hours ago, Nemson said:

-Asking friends to reply to ban appeal

I never told my friends to reply to a ban appeal, I was with Slurper at the time of the ban and he made his own decision to reply to the post. I never told him to support me, he just chose to.
It's the same for Headshaver. I didn't even know he was on the server at the time. The fact that he decided to reply without any of my input shows that I wasn't alone in this misunderstanding.
I will swear on my mother that I didn't tell these guys to reply they were just looking out for me, I would do the same for them.

6 hours ago, jensonbarnes said:

you ain't supposed to have 3 letters and 1 number its 2 letters and 2 numbers so its clearly pretty obvious that you were trying to put the nword in that,

I genuinely didn't try to put any slurs in my name. Looking back at my name 2 days ago it was 2 letters and 2 numbers (NG94) but as I've had to change between Purge and ST depending on how I've wanted to RP, I've have to type out my long name out each time I'm bound to make a mistake at some point.

Look I made a mistake. The fact that I've tried to defend myself so hard and for this amount of time shows that I'm not trying to play games with you guys. If I was a minge I would just shrug my shoulders and go ruin someone else's time on a different server.
I promise you guys that this is a massive misunderstanding. I really want to be able to join back and have fun with my friends, I was really loving the server and it's people up till the point where I got banned. 

32 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

“Did not tell them to reply on my app” what is this he legit proved my point that you did

48F7AD02-7070-4287-9564-7436613BF492.jpeg

tf are you talking about 

Anyways,
-Support
Hey before you negative rep me hear me out 😎
There is definitely a chance you are telling the truth and that it is a genuine mistake but that doesn't excuse the fact that "NG6A" is so close to the Nword and in game it looks like it. 
If it is a mistake then that is unfortunate because the mistake you made is still a big one and a ban-able offense.
You claimed staff didn't really communicate with you but without really any evidence about that no one can really do much.

I personally think this could have been a big mistake BUT that still doesn't excuse the fact that it is a ban-able offence.

I think that @robertomanjinicould've definitely handled this a lot better than he did especially as a staff member he seems to just be arguing with you guys.
Also I highly doubt that this guy advertised his ban appeal and without evidence I reckon you lot should stop crying about it because you have 0 evidence to go off of.

• Like 1

𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙂𝙧𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙂𝙚𝙣𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡 | 𝙍𝙚𝙩𝙞𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙙𝙢𝙞𝙣 
talkingtobeckett.gif.90f1583a720f8ef9e8da8f858f177f55.gif

39 minutes ago, robertomanjini said:

“Did not tell them to reply on my app” what is this he legit proved my point that you did

No... no he didn't. If you read that with the context he said that he admitted to being a real person e.g: my friend and not a smurf like you claimed
You called him out for either being a friend I deliberately asked to reply to my post or me on another account and he said he admitted to knowing me irl
You can't just re-post someone stuff and take it out of context

15 hours ago, Slurper said:

*before I write this, I want people to know that this is my friend from real life, I think people should know that*

This is the point he was making not that I told him to reply to my post, he never stated that I told him to.. because I didn't.