General Suggestion - Change keycard requirement on SCP 294 from level 3 to level 2 - Accepted [Completed]

recon

What are you suggesting? -  Change the keycard level on SCP 294 to level 2.

How would this change better the server? - This change would allow JRs, GENSEC enlisted & NCOs to be able to accesses SCP 294 without the help of a higher ranking person. 

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - The only disadvantage I see is that it would be easier for CI/D class to hack into it but that's not that big of a disadvantage.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - JRs

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion -20210405131327_1.thumb.jpg.51071591804741930130f6f3813d7369.jpg

47 minutes ago, NeoID said:

I don’t really see why it has a level 3. Even if it is a Thaumiel SCP in the sense that it helps, it’s still important that it stays contained if it helps. With a level 3 it can in theory just go to EZ or Surface, or even Breach SCPs. Im all for giving it level 2, or even better, no Keycard. That way it stays in EZ and is still “contained”

Neo, I think you misunderstood. The SCP Recon is referring to is 294, the inanimate coffee machine that can produce any liquid. He wants the keycard level on to door to where it is to be level 2, so Junior Researchers and Security can access it.

On to my opinion,
The card level use to be level 2, either just on the old map or it got changed recently, though it could mean lower level maintenance can run around with dangerous drink.
Overall, +/- Support

Edited by Right Twix Bar

Current: None

Former: Security Sergeant Major (and SFC), Director of Logistics, Alpha-1 Private First Class, CI Mil Private First Class (and E4 C6), Nu7 Lance Corporal, CI RnD Supervisory Agent (and EOI F3) 

-Support. There have been multiple issues across several branches relating to SCP-294 and the illegal transportation of its products. May I remind you that SCP-294 is capable of dispensing multiple hazardous/fatal liquids including an explosive. Lowering the keycard requirement will only lead to more problems.

+Can also benefit medical researcher

+Is relativity useful as a healing product

-Can be abused easily

Overall a +Support but i see the downsides and i can understand if it does not change

Edited by TrickTroll
forgot a word

44 minutes ago, BadTimeInbound said:

-Support. There have been multiple issues across several branches relating to SCP-294 and the illegal transportation of its products. May I remind you that SCP-294 is capable of dispensing multiple hazardous/fatal liquids including an explosive. Lowering the keycard requirement will only lead to more problems.

I understand your point of view and I think what you said is 100% correct. However, the wrongdoings of minges should not affect everyone else on the server. If the keycard level is lowered and people minge, people should know to clip it and send it to the appropriate command member or staff member. What minges do should not effect the good boys who just want to test on the SCP.

On 4/5/2021 at 12:58 PM, NeoID said:

+ Support

I don’t really see why it has a level 3. Even if it is a Thaumiel SCP in the sense that it helps, it’s still important that it stays contained if it helps. With a level 3 it can in theory just go to EZ or Surface, or even Breach SCPs. Im all for giving it level 2, or even better, no Keycard. That way it stays in EZ and is still “contained”

5 hours ago, BadTimeInbound said:

294 can also be used for minging, I've seen times where tons of people use it to become invisible so this is really not a good idea in my opinion.

|  Former Nu7 IFE IRCN IBHM SGT  | Former Security JFTO SM | Former JWD Warden | Former A1 SF 2LT| Former RRH Guardian Zulu 1                                                                      

On 4/5/2021 at 4:45 PM, Right Twix Bar said:

Neo, I think you misunderstood. The SCP Recon is referring to is 294, the inanimate coffee machine that can produce any liquid. He wants the keycard level on to door to where it is to be level 2, so Junior Researchers and Security can access it.

On to my opinion,
The card level use to be level 2, either just on the old map or it got changed recently, though it could mean lower level maintenance can run around with dangerous drink.
Overall, +/- Support

Cheers... This is why I shouldn't read suggestions at 4am when I can't sleep...

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||

- Support 

I think it was changed to Lev-3 because of Mingey enlisted 

[SCP-RP] Retired E-11 COL, HFTO and D4 Head  Former CI MSGT/2LT | Former Alpha-1 "Red-Right Hand" Guardian Delta-9 | Former Nu7 2LT/SM HSU Conscript Former Om-9 2LT and EXP Seasoned

• 2 years later...