Ban Appeal

Prada

Steam Name: Prada

Ingame Name: Chief Sosa

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:572148835

Ban Length: 1 week

Admin that Banned you: Sprink

Reason for Ban: Racism, staff diss

Dispute: Was on dblock with 3 of my friends from another server messing around killing security. Gamik was nearby and I was micspamming lil durk crazy story 2.0 (not a racist song just explicit music), gamik heard me mic spam about 4 times didn't think he cared at all. I was then warned for racism but I was playing a song it's not racist. I also have 2 warns on the server. Don't see how its racist music when others have playing music on d block that have been worst then what I have played. Think the admin when a bit to far on banning me on a week.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 2

Ya let me put all my ranks of all the departments I was in (ex fbi pa, ex dispatch, ex snr) cringe...

-Support

First of all Gamik stated that he did not hear you playing any music so that part does not matter. Second, during the sit after you played the song which had the N-Word in it multiple times you started disrespecting me and my voice/age. Wait out your ban!

Finally you have over 23 warns on Police RP and 1 warn on SCPRP.

Edited by Sprink

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

@Sprink does not matter if i have 22 warns on another server, i said in chat your 13 it's not player/staff diss. It wasn't a racist song either it's part of lyrics. Go listen to  King Von - Crazy Story, Pt. 3 (Official Video)

Edited by Prada
  • Like 1

Ya let me put all my ranks of all the departments I was in (ex fbi pa, ex dispatch, ex snr) cringe...

+Support

After playing that music prada was warned for "Playing Music with Racist Words", playing rap with the nword in it isn't racist.  I don't understand why it escalated to a ban. I know he staff dissed as well but that itself should have only been another warn and possibly a jail.

Way too harsh of a punishment, clear violation of the staff handbook.

1 minute ago, Prada said:

@Sprink does not matter if i have 22 warns on another server, i said in chat your 13 it's not player/staff diss. It wasn't a racist song either it's part of lyrics. Go listen to 

Saying that he is 13 is you implying that he is too young/incompetent for his position, the staff dis is valid.

32 minutes ago, tEDDY34 said:

+Support

After playing that music prada was warned for "Playing Music with Racist Words", playing rap with the nword in it isn't racist.  I don't understand why it escalated to a ban. I know he staff dissed as well but that itself should have only been another warn and possibly a jail.

Saying that he is 13 is you implying that he is too young/incompetent for his position, the staff dis is valid.

The punishment was not a violation of the staff handbook as you state. On SCPRP racism is not tolerated in anyway shape or form. If you can figure out how I violated the handbook please inform me.

Adding on to my last reply this player had played multiple songs that had included the N-word. It was not like it was just one.

Edited by Sprink

Deputy Head of Security Executive Event Team | Admin | Forum Diplomat 

6 minutes ago, Sprink said:

The punishment was not a violation of the staff handbook as you state. On SCPRP racism is not tolerated in anyway shape or form.

It's not racism. He was just playing music that had the word in it. If you went to almost anyone in real life and played this kind of music in front of them they wouldn't find it racist either, it's just the art style and  culture. The music wasn't played with any malicious intent, it wasn't used to discriminate anyone, it was just played to be enjoyed.

This will be my final reply since there is no reason to further argue with your biased opinion.

+support 

For a reduced ban since it was music however staff diss is completely valid

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

57 minutes ago, Sprink said:

The punishment was not a violation of the staff handbook as you state. On SCPRP racism is not tolerated in anyway shape or form. If you can figure out how I violated the handbook please inform me.

Adding on to my last reply this player had played multiple songs that had included the N-word. It was not like it was just one.

just because it has the n word doesn't mean its racist. 

• Thanks 1

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

-support 

Doesn't matter if it was just in a song, countless senior admins and even JMT+ have stated that SCP-RP has a zero tolerance policy for racism, even in a song. It doesn't matter if it's not in a racist context, just don't play a song with the n word in it, is it that hard?

Former Ranks      Head Of Maintenance And Engineering                Senior Admin          Support Supervisor        Forum Diplomat        

Custom Classes     The Sniper (Owner)        XG56-Orion's Belt (Owner)        The Engineer        

+SUPPORT 

music is music it don't matter if it had the n word its just the fact that he didn't say it 

and i don't think its a good reason for a ban to say staff diss cause he said you sound 13 its amateur to get offended by that sort of thing 

but mic spam i agree 

Best Regards From The Middle East

CI General

The Middle Eastern Prince 

The Last Oil Bender 

34 minutes ago, Loaff said:

-support 

Doesn't matter if it was just in a song, countless senior admins and even JMT+ have stated that SCP-RP has a zero tolerance policy for racism, even in a song. It doesn't matter if it's not in a racist context, just don't play a song with the n word in it, is it that hard?

its art you say zero tolerance to racism so your telling me this is racist https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lO7T9KLI7qA&ab_channel=KingVon

• Thanks 1

PD SM | SWAT LT | SL Consigliere 

MLG Pro Negev player 

#buffthenegev2023

rfawfa.png.7b7c7a61861c5b4a13bf66567ce2fb82.png

4 hours ago, Prada said:

does not matter if i have 22 warns on another server

It does and doesn't. It show you are clearly not new to the rules of the server and GamingLight. Playing music through your mic is against the rules, but not worthy of a week ban. +Support for a reduction of time. 

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

46 minutes ago, Gunther said:

It does and doesn't. It show you are clearly not new to the rules of the server and GamingLight. Playing music through your mic is against the rules, but not worthy of a week ban. +Support for a reduction of time. 

excuse me but mic spam isn't a global rule prp u can micspam as hobo and thats were he came from and plus im pretty sure Zeeptin stated that if a song had a racial slur it was fine as long as it not a song that is pushing towards racism

2 hours ago, Loaff said:

-support 

first of all its not racism if its a song thats not pushing towards racism

+Support
This was not deserved and if u didn't like the song he was playing atleast just tell him to change the song instead of instantly pushing towards a ban
As long as ive known prada he is reasonable

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

5 hours ago, Prada said:

does not matter if i have 22 warns on another server,

It does, and staff is permitted to use that to determine the severity of future punishments.

5 hours ago, tEDDY34 said:

I believe that the fact that Sprink made it to the position of Admin, is a member of both the Event Team and the Forum diplomats shows that he is most certainly not too young or incompetent for his position. I believe that this is a dissapointing view of the situation, certainly from a staff member.

5 hours ago, tEDDY34 said:

It is not.

Now, as for the actual rules on the matter, we have 2. 

1st, Micspam. Rules say : 

"Do not spam annoying sounds or messages on your mic or in the chat. This includes using soundboards, playing music, using voice changers, etc (Unless given permission by SMT or using for events)."

I'd say that by the users own admission, this was violated as I highly doubt he got permission from SMT nor is he an ET member.
However, this rule is often stretched, and playing music is often tollerated by the staff team, however rarely in D-Block. 

Then as for the racism, we also have a rule regarding that.

Never harass and/or disrespect other players/staff.

Gaminglight does not tolerate bullying or targeting based on race, gender, sexuality, or other identities, nor racial slurs or anything that can be deemed offensive. Gaminglight has a zero-tolerance policy towards this type of conduct.

I believe that the word in question is generally regarded as a racial slur, and the rules are clear on that. However, I understand the people that claim that this is music, and thus a piece of art. I think it's up to SMT's discretion what we view it as, but personally I believe that the words "zero-tolerance" are quite clear.

Whichever way this appeal goes, it'll atleast clarify the rules for future situations that have the same issue.

• Like 2

"Without morals, are we truly any better than the things we've set ourselves to contain?"

EX-Site Director   EX-Super Admin | EX-Event Team Lead | Otter Lover Regardless of what SMT Says, not a furry. R&D Senior Inspector

34 minutes ago, OG ICE said:

excuse me but mic spam isn't a global rule prp u can micspam as hobo

I didn't say global, when I mentioned the rules, I was referring to his 22 warns, showing he's not knew to the community and rules at all. Regardless, he clicked the Accept button when he loaded in, should have read the rules.

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

- Support

First off, already mic-spam is against the rules. We all know that.

Secondly. Even if the use of the N-word was in a passive sense in the song, it A: still shouldn’t be mic-spammed, and B: doesn’t matter. It’s just common sense to not micspam, and much less micspam anything with that word in use. 

And third, for the Staff Diss, though, maybe not a direct attack. It’s still unrelated to the original issue, and acts as a retaliation against the accusations. The intent behind it was clear.

Edited by NeoID

With Best Regards,
CI R&D Deputy Director Of Operations

|| - Retired SCP-RP Event Team Leader || Retired SCP-RP Admin || -Retired CI R&D Head of Research||