Vice - False warn appeal- Denied

Abu

31 minutes ago, Will said:

Seeing as inmates can not retrieve anything from their inventory per MOTD, it would also be considered to be FailRP to spawn entities such as a money printer. It is highly unrealistic or probable that you or someone else would be able to get a machine the size of a cooler that prints counterfeit bills, into a state correctional facility without it being caught.

Even if you were to try and get one into DOC, you'd either need to have a monster sized cake to hide it in, or you'd need to bribe the cops with enough donuts so that they aren't paying enough attention to you sneaking them in.

Printers aren't retrieved from inventory's, they are bought in the entity shop so that MOTD rule doesn't apply if we want to get that technical. Also, no one ever roleplays buying a printer or assembling one either because it is a semi serious rp server.

I do agree that it is absurd but the player had no way of knowing it wasn't allowed because it isn't stated in the motd, I believe that the punishment should have been a verbal.

9 hours ago, Will said:

It is FailRP to have money printers or any other forms of contraband while on inmate, while you are arrested, or inside the DOC building.

even if it was failrp, its not like i had a bunch of printers, I spawned one, then deleted it to check the rules to make sure its allowed.

also the warning admin (Vice) said my warn should be removed

the way I see it, I took the initiative to delete my printer and go read the MOTD to see if it's allowed, instead of just leaving it there, I don't see how I get warned for that

Edited by Abu

19 hours ago, [GL] Spoon said:

+Support
-First off no need to have such vulgar language Jacky. Secondly, if what Abu is saying is true and factual,  there are no rules stating that you cannot do so. Nevertheless, I do not feel a warn was anywhere near necessary for this as you could have just simply asked him to delete it. Which he had done on his own accord without being questioned. He wasn't even brought to a sit or told he was getting warned till after he was warned which in my opinion is a tad unprofessional

I'm almost 100% sure it's against the staff handbook to warn someone without telling them why they are being warned or at least have a talk with them. But anyways + Support

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

+Support

its not written in the rule book, it may be common sense but you have to remember some people lack common sense. 

also can we not use the if it was irl argument because irl you don’t take multiple m4 mags to the chest 

3 minutes ago, Alex Raddish said:

-Support

At the end of the day it is staff's discretion on whether your actions warranted a warning. You broke a rule, it was decided a warn was needed.

True, but the warning admin (Vice) said the warn should be removed and the rule should be added to motd

On 2/16/2021 at 9:34 PM, Vice said:

I'm okay with it being appealed this time

Let's just take it as a learning lesson for all that this is FailRP

+support
The warning is ok with giving a verbal and let this go
also the warning admin didnt tell him why he was being warned until after
he never got to speak his side of the story.

🧊ICE🧊

"Won't let go, I'm the type to show you that you're too special, Please don't be the type to hate the things I do, And I'll ride for you, and I'll die for you!" - Juice WRLD

As DOC Warden I will say this. First of all you mentioned you were on inmate BEFORE DOC Hopped on, which is already a rule break, as you can only get on the Inmate job yourself when DOC is on before hand. As mentioned above it is FailRP to spawn printers in as Inmates, I would argue with Weed as technically sneaking in a seed is not hard. When a printer is spawned it is up to DOC to either RP it out by doing a shakedown or call Staff for FailRP (As it always is for any FailRP Situation). 

Further on you should understand that Contraband is not only weed and printers, it could be a prop you spawn in with which you RP with as if it is contraband (Something small). DOC Is all about variations RP, but you should still always follow rules. 

I would Say +support as he might not have known, because FailRP is a VERY broad rule which could be hard to understand occasionally, but Vice is not wrong either.

Correct me if I am wrong, but this is my point ❤️  

Edited by Chip&Dail

🔵S.W.A.T Commander ChipDail 1K15🔵

“You need to beaware of what others are doing, applaud their efforts, acknowledge their successes, and encourage them in their pursuits. When we all help one another, everybody wins.” – Jim Stovall 

1 hour ago, Chip&Dail said:

As DOC Warden I will say this. First of all you mentioned you were on inmate BEFORE DOC Hopped on, which is already a rule break, as you can only get on the Inmate job yourself when DOC is on before hand. As mentioned above it is FailRP to spawn printers in as Inmates, I would argue with Weed as technically sneaking in a seed is not hard. When a printer is spawned it is up to DOC to either RP it out by doing a shakedown or call Staff for FailRP (As it always is for any FailRP Situation). 

Further on you should understand that Contraband is not only weed and printers, it could be a prop you spawn in with which you RP with as if it is contraband (Something small). DOC Is all about variations RP, but you should still always follow rules. 

I would Say +support as he might not have known, because FailRP is a VERY broad rule which could be hard to understand occasionally, but Vice is not wrong either.

+ support DOC warden agrees. the only people that could say otherwise now is SMT. there is no rule in the MOTD that states you can’t have printers besides what will quotes and that just means like you can’t take a shotgun out of your inventory for example. but Vice is definitely not in the wrong here i say delete the warn clear up the confusion in the MOTD and that’s that. 

Trooper SGT PD SM SPRT SGT DOC SGT CO SS SSO SPHP Head PM | LOA

Noah Jimes

3 hours ago, Chip&Dail said:

+/- support, I would like to see set's ruling about this

That bald Aussie Guy