Add VRMod - Denied

CrazyTechKid

This is a stretch to add but I think it would be good.

What you want to see? - I would like to see the VRMod added to the server.

Why should we add it? -  We should add it to the server as I feel that it will provide a new and cool experience for the server. Imagine rolling up on a shooting as a tactical unit and actually feeling like you are there. Shooting guns and raiding would be a lot more realistic and it will be a lot more fun.

What are the advantages of having this? - It will add a new angle to how players interact with the server, because now they can go into VR and feel like they are truly in Rockford. Being a police officer will be more realistic as they can look around while pulling someone over, or raiding could be a lot more thrilling.

Who is it mainly for? - it is mainly for all players as anyone can use it.

Links to any content -  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1678408548

some extra stuff about the addon:
- supports full body tracking for those overkill people

- you can play with people who don't have a headset (big deal in this scenario)

- Downside is that people need to download the addon (so it needs to be added to content pack)

EX: Director of Dispatch

PD MSGT/ ARU PS/ FBI SA --dont even know if I am at this point anymore

"Sometimes in life you just gotta say Bruh and move on."
"If you nut and you still thinking about her then she the one"

+ support 

-Will be very cool to do during raids or in chases

• Retired: 
  • Police Department Captain 1L-28
  • Emergency Medical Services Head FTO FTO-01
  • Emergency Medical Services Deputy 87-33
  • Emergency Medical Services Secretary
  • United States Marshal Service Lead Special Agent 1Q-31
  • USMS Bounty Hunter Leader BHL-01
  • SRT GySGT 1R-28
  • SRT Corporal 1S-28
  • SCU Colonel 1U-28/SCU Head FTO
  • Police RP: Moderator

Drill Sgt. Kevin 1L-28

• "You do not lose if you get knocked down. You lose if you stay down" -Muhammed Ali

its mostly clientside so lag isnt really i problem is what I understand. The advantage/disadvantage is up for argument.

Pros: You get to see gmod in VR
Cons: *Takes sip* none

• Retired: 
  • Police Department Captain 1L-28
  • Emergency Medical Services Head FTO FTO-01
  • Emergency Medical Services Deputy 87-33
  • Emergency Medical Services Secretary
  • United States Marshal Service Lead Special Agent 1Q-31
  • USMS Bounty Hunter Leader BHL-01
  • SRT GySGT 1R-28
  • SRT Corporal 1S-28
  • SCU Colonel 1U-28/SCU Head FTO
  • Police RP: Moderator

Drill Sgt. Kevin 1L-28

• "You do not lose if you get knocked down. You lose if you stay down" -Muhammed Ali

-Support

I can understand why someone people would want it but overall it would be terrible imo

- First off this is a PVP server mainly, with vr it would be very unfair, aswell in the addon it self it clearly states "
This addon attempts to make stock gmod sandbox work in VR. The addon (and module) are unfinished, so don't go in expecting a polished experience. You should not add this to PVP servers or where cheating or stability is a concern. There will be bugs and bad performance, maybe even crashes. It may not even work at all for some people.
"

- Aswell I doubt this would be made for multiplayer and even work, if it did I do not think the playermodels/rigs for the player models would work at all. Garry's mod (and the playermodels and rigs made for them) are not made for vr so most the player models would most likely not work,

- If this did get added lets say you're in a shootout, you would beable to just blindfire without even showing your body (THIS SOUNDS AWESOME) but than you have to think of the other people without vr all they will see is how unfair this server is and not like it and leave. This would be a very very very unfair advantage

- Lets talk about VCMOD now, I highly doubt that they would implement a system with the addon for it to work with a different addon to drive it I'm pretty sure it would just simply not move you (I'm not sure if you would even beable to get in)

The addon is not finished so that would bring a whole lot of glitches

- Overall I believe this addon would be cool to have in a single player game, but in a huge server it would make it very unfair

• Like 1

〖   ImperialRP  〗
{ Ex. Battalions } Ex. Purge Vice Commander |Ex. Naval SSO LT
{ Staff } Ex. PRP Admin | Ex. IMRP Senior Moderator | Ex. PRP Event Team Member
 giphy.gif

24 minutes ago, Austinn said:

-Support

I can understand why someone people would want it but overall it would be terrible imo

- First off this is a PVP server mainly, with vr it would be very unfair, aswell in the addon it self it clearly states "
This addon attempts to make stock gmod sandbox work in VR. The addon (and module) are unfinished, so don't go in expecting a polished experience. You should not add this to PVP servers or where cheating or stability is a concern. There will be bugs and bad performance, maybe even crashes. It may not even work at all for some people.
"

- Aswell I doubt this would be made for multiplayer and even work, if it did I do not think the playermodels/rigs for the player models would work at all. Garry's mod (and the playermodels and rigs made for them) are not made for vr so most the player models would most likely not work,

- If this did get added lets say you're in a shootout, you would beable to just blindfire without even showing your body (THIS SOUNDS AWESOME) but than you have to think of the other people without vr all they will see is how unfair this server is and not like it and leave. This would be a very very very unfair advantage

- Lets talk about VCMOD now, I highly doubt that they would implement a system with the addon for it to work with a different addon to drive it I'm pretty sure it would just simply not move you (I'm not sure if you would even beable to get in)

The addon is not finished so that would bring a whole lot of glitches

- Overall I believe this addon would be cool to have in a single player game, but in a huge server it would make it very unfair

you have very valid arguments, but since they do not fit my narrative I will have to deny them.

this right here is taken care of as you are able to drive vehicles but lights and siren may not work as they may be bounded diffrently this is somthing ive yet to test as I currently do not a have private server with vcmod els but i do know that driving is possible