Invisible walls in LCZ Hallways need to go - Denied

Southpaw

What are you suggesting? - I have noticed that when D-Block is lost and all the doors are open, that there are invisible walls when we shoot down the hallway, blocking our shots from the D-Class. I think it needs to be removed because it stops our bullets from hitting D-Class and prevents of us from taking D-Block and giving D-Class another advantage and forcing us to get closer and in a more dangerous area. The Class-D have an advantage of melee weapons and these invisible walls are stopping our advantage of taking them out from afar.

How would this change better the server? - It would help out GENSEC and MTF when D-Block is lost so they can shoot down the hallways and not be stabbed in close quarter combat.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. -  The only disadvantage I can think of is the D-Class complaining about us killing them from afar but thats just how we are.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - It would benefit GENSEC and MTF more due to the ability to shoot down the hallway and not be stabbed by a bunch of D-Class at once. These walls are stopping us from shooting them so we have to move closer. Removing these invisible walls will help us to take D-Block back faster and more efficiently. Hopefully it can help us more in the long run with D-Block.

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - I don't have a way to get a screenshot of the bullet "impact" on these invisible walls and there is no workshop content to be added I dont think.

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

Retired: E11 LTCOL Omi9 MAJ Nu7 LTCOL OH3 | Senior Mod | Event Team Member

57 minutes ago, pixalgamer99 said:

+support I think it may be a bug but some MTF abuse it a lot it’s very annoying

ALso D-class abuse this fact ^^

(Invisible walls by D-block and armory, make it so people just abuse them.)

Retired DHOS || Former Wardens Comissioner Caligula || Former SRIC in R&D || Former OH8 Funni [Redacted] Man | | Retired OPSV in Maintenance || Former MMF Duck || Former HLPR Bot AC3 || Retired 2LT in E-11 || Former Head Field Scout || Former Ranger Pax || former ET || Former Omicron-9 CPT  || Former OM9 EXP Delta PoliceRP: PD LCPL | SCU LT

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard. " -John F Kennedy, Rice University, Sept. 12, 1962

921397099_FloppaGif.gif.0ca3f427de08905a1e4630bb46685aef.gif

I checked, I did not see anything about it so I really dont know

SCP-RP: G.O.C MAJ | Alpha-1 SGT 'Rose' | Strike Team Hammer 'Goose'Event Team Member     

+/-Support

Those were added to prevent D-Class from sitting in D-Block with snipers and camp Secuirty. In my opinion the one thats infront of D-Block should say but the rest can go.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

30 minutes ago, Dect said:

Oh. well that failed

Well I guess.

Okay, I hope its fixed thats all

Edited by Southpaw

4 hours ago, pixalgamer99 said:

+support I think it may be a bug but some MTF abuse it a lot it’s very annoying

It isnt a bug it was put there on purpose late one night when D Class (IK because I was one of them) were sniping the hell out of foundation personnel with M82s, Interventions,M24 just all high DMG snipers. I +Support the hell out of removal of the walls as both sides wether they like to admit it or not abuse the walls in combat and it hurts everyone in combat regardless of what others say. Gensec can use it to bait out D Class to the hallway right after D Block and shoot the hell out of them in that room in a pincer manuevur, both D Class and Foundation use the props to push up knowing full well they can't be hurt unless the other side pushes into the pocket where there isn't a prop. No matter how you put it, both D Class and Foundation can and will continue to abuse it until its removal. Now IK it was put up to help Foundation that night as they couldn't take D Block back for 1 hr + but in my opinion it shouldn't of been perm propped but there temporary until Foundation didn't need it to take back D Block, now maybe if D Class are especially rowdy and restless in their pursuit of not giving up Dblock maybe if its gone on long enough the props can go back up at staffs discretion and maybe even make it the step before certain staff decide to go in and gas the hell out of D Block to take it back. Until then idk what will happen in regards to this suggestion but I do hope it possibly gets accepted as even though I dont mind the props being there it does get annoying at times.

Marty Bringer of Mayhem | Foundation Killer | SCP Releaser |

This was decided to be added by SMT.

They were added to prevent people from getting sniped as soon as they walk out of bunks and out d block.

The one near armory is to prevent Gensec from just immediately shooting at the armory.

It was never slated to be removed, rather they changed the positions of these doors.

Its fine the way it is.

-Support

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

+ support, put them at spawns for spawn protection, thats it. The rest ruin combat

Retired Nu7 CMDR & CI LTCOL/MAJ

Senior Admin/Forums dip/Support Supervisor | former the following: HTF/E4 Head | Only Anubis award winner | Former Nu7 HFTO and CI OFTO | Sec MSGT+Pertinax

Owns: Omi-9 'Last Remnants' | Farmer Tucker | Farmer Darius XIIReznov Klushie | Foxx       On:  Alpha-8 |  S.T.A.R.SIota-13 'Luxxy's Soldiers' 

spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/7/2020 at 8:40 PM, [GL] Zeus said:

This was decided to be added by SMT.

They were added to prevent people from getting sniped as soon as they walk out of bunks and out d block.

The one near armory is to prevent Gensec from just immediately shooting at the armory.

It was never slated to be removed, rather they changed the positions of these doors.

Its fine the way it is.

-Support

big cat running GIF