SCP 049 Rule - Denied

SymphonyOfPayne

What are you suggesting? - The Rule that 049 isn't allowed to turn any researcher at any time. He should only be able to turn researchers if they aren't wearing a hazmat and if 049 is breaching. So if he is contained he wouldn't be allowed to change any researcher, whether or not they're wearing hazmat. But if he is breaching and they're not wearing hazmat then he should be allowed to change them.

Contained - 049 sees other researchers as fellow colleagues and doesn't harm them. He is NOT ALLOWED to infect ANY researcher.

Breaching - He has come to the realization that those he called colleagues are infected with the pestilence. He would ONLY infect researchers if they are NOT wearing Hazmats.

How would this change better the server? - It makes perfect sense that 049 wouldn't change a researcher wearing proper protection or pretty much any researcher while he is CONTAINED but the fact that some researcher can walk in on him while he is breaching (perhaps just outside his inner containment) and 049 can do nothing other than stare at the researcher is really ridiculous. It is already difficult to breach considering he can be easily be fear rped but add on the fact that he has to avoid unarmed researchers in favor of armed MTF that can easily fear rp him and return him back to his cell a few moments after breaching is so ridiculous. Not to mention its even in his lore that he ends up changing a few researchers.

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - 049 will be able to breach slightly easier considering every 049-2 can reduce his time. But as long as researchers wear proper hazmat suit they would be fine.

Who would this change mostly benefit? - 049 obviously

Edited by SymphonyOfPayne

+/-Support 

Lore this makes sense cause 049 attacked researcher before a Doctor by the name of Hamm so it would make sense 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

+/-

26 minutes ago, Dragin said:

+/-Support 

Lore this makes sense cause 049 attacked researcher before a Doctor by the name of Hamm so it would make sense 

Yes this happened but of memory serves (probably doesnt) the only reason he killed hamm was because after a bunch of tests and interviews 049 believed he was Infected and that was the reason he attacked him otherwise he sees Researchers as Fellow members of the Medical profession 

Truth is just a matter of perspective. The duty of every soldier is to protect the innocent ~Captain Price (Modern Warfare 2)

Former CMD Positions: E11 1LT, Medical Chief Manager, CI LT and SRIC, Alpha 1 CPL, RRH Squad Lead.

1 minute ago, Skela said:

Wait huh? Idk if I’m reading this right but. I thought 049 couldn’t infect researchers & RND? That’s the rule I’ve grown up with.

Negative, 049 cannot infect researchers or Coldsilvers

192412312_screenshot_2020-02-26_at_9-24-(1).png.43e614bc17bbf87004d3acba288c52df.png
                                                                             Chad of many names       Professional Shit talker

He's saying that he want's 049 to be able to infect researchers @Skela

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 hour ago, [GL] Dtscalice said:

+/-

Yes this happened but of memory serves (probably doesnt) the only reason he killed hamm was because after a bunch of tests and interviews 049 believed he was Infected and that was the reason he attacked him otherwise he sees Researchers as Fellow members of the Medical profession 

You're missing the point, it just proves that he can see the pestilence even in other researchers, which is why they stopped being so cordial with him. Which is why I added the part about him being contained and not changing researchers whether or not they're in hazmat. So if you're not in hazmat you're just taking the risk if he's in mid-breach that he will turn you.

Contained - 049 sees other researchers as fellow colleagues and doesn't harm them.

Breaching - He has come to the realization that those he called colleagues are infected with the pestilence.

1 hour ago, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

-support, researchers shouldn't be running at breached 049s in the first place, don't see how his inability to turn a researcher would be an issue

Maybe due to the fact that they still dont know he's breached yet and either walk in on him breaching or they're walking around Heavy Containment and going about their work. Either way not all researchers have a psychic ability to know that he's breached and if they do then thats just meta gaming. Besides if this wasn't an issue I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. But I got tired of being 049 and getting yelled at by researchers while I was breaching or breached that I wasn't allowed to change them. After which they'd walk off and I'd be shortly recontained by MTF cause I couldnt find anyone to change other than the researchers.

2 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support

Lets the researchers do some RP instead of instantly becoming a zombie.

What rp? Aren't they supposed to be in their bunks during a breach? I never seen any scientist attempt rp with 049 during a breach. I think you're getting confused.

Contained - 049 sees other researchers as fellow colleagues and doesn't harm them.

Breaching - He has come to the realization that those he called colleagues are infected with the pestilence.

He would only be allowed to change them while he's breaching or breached, not when he is CONTAINED.  If he is contained he would not be able to change ANY researchers.

Just now, SymphonyOfPayne said:

What rp? Aren't they supposed to be in their bunks during a breach? I never seen any scientist attempt rp with 049 during a breach. I think you're getting confused.

Contained - 049 sees other researchers as fellow colleagues and doesn't harm them.

Breaching - He has come to the realization that those he called colleagues are infected with the pestilence.

He would only be allowed to change them while he's breaching or breached, not when he is CONTAINED.  If he is contained he would not be able to change ANY researchers.

Think of it this way, the researchers are considered men of science, which is also what 049 considers himself. 
He has a liking for other men of science and would like to engage in conversation with them.
More so if a breach happens it’s a defcon 4 as it’s a Euclid breach so they wouldn’t have to go to bunks anyway as that procedure is only carried out for defcon 3 or lower. It’s hard enough for research to test on stuff without being interrupted by d class, GOI, and other stuff. And him being breached does not automatically mean all his colleagues have the pestilence, that’s not how breaches work.

My -Support still stands

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

25 minutes ago, [GL] Zeus said:

Think of it this way, the researchers are considered men of science, which is also what 049 considers himself. 
He has a liking for other men of science and would like to engage in conversation with them.
More so if a breach happens it’s a defcon 4 as it’s a Euclid breach so they wouldn’t have to go to bunks anyway as that procedure is only carried out for defcon 3 or lower. It’s hard enough for research to test on stuff without being interrupted by d class, GOI, and other stuff. And him being breached does not automatically mean all his colleagues have the pestilence, that’s not how breaches work.

My -Support still stands

What happened with Hamm though proves that either the pestilence can end up infecting someone who wasn't previously infected with the pestilence or its hard for 049 to always notice the pestilence. Moreover, I never said ALL colleagues, I just said those without hazmat suits. And finally, I'll consider your argument when researchers actually rp with 049 instead of just handing him any book prop and saying it's good. Seriously can no one think up any book titles. If you're too lazy to get a D-class at least have enough sense to give 049 a book with an actual title.

On another note, 049 only breaches when his requests for a test subject or reading material is ignored. In which case researchers are not actively rping with him.

+/- Support

It has it's benefits as well as withdrawals. You say he can only infect researcher with the pestilence, yet will infect anyone without a hazmat. So all researchers are infected unless they have a suit on? And what if a researcher with the pestilence puts on a hazmat, he'd still have the pestilence. I see your roleplay point as him realizes some researchers have the pestilence, yet when he's breaching, suddenly all the researchers have the pestilence? I don't know the lore of the disease but I doubt it will suddenly infect everyone without a hazmat.

Now as for the benefits, it will provide an easier way to break out as the doctor. I've had plenty of encounters where I'm almost out only to have two MTF in HCZ and immediately put me back in my cell. But I can't really see many other benefits, as it'll also add ONE more SCP that the researchers will need to avoid and run from. 

As a possible compromise, you could remove the rule where SCP 049 needs just a book to escape, as it'll make it an easier time while also keeping the researchers immunity.

NOTE: Keep in mind, the best time to breach as 049 is when MTF are busy dealing with other stuff, such as a 682 breach. As they'll more then likely just ignore 049's breach in favor of dealing with the more dangerous SCP

Edited by Consario

2 hours ago, SymphonyOfPayne said:

Maybe due to the fact that they still dont know he's breached yet and either walk in on him breaching or they're walking around Heavy Containment and going about their work. Either way not all researchers have a psychic ability to know that he's breached and if they do then thats just meta gaming. Besides if this wasn't an issue I wouldn't have brought it up in the first place. But I got tired of being 049 and getting yelled at by researchers while I was breaching or breached that I wasn't allowed to change them. After which they'd walk off and I'd be shortly recontained by MTF cause I couldnt find anyone to change other than the researchers.

Researchers have their own reasons to be in HCZ, almost always of which is for RP.
I'm not saying 049 doesn't need a buff, but researchers aren't the way to do it. This server is already plenty combat-intensive, I'd prefer we not try to make our primary RP branches into combatants without good reason.

As a side note: I believe the rule should be adjusted so that any combatants can be turned, in case of RFA/HMR/etc becoming combatant and able to wipe 049-2's without the risk of becoming one.

Still though, -support.

TCM Jack CI Heinz / J03 Italian Mob Boss Zepelli 😳Former CI Research Administrator Heinz - Not [REDACTED] Researcher   

5 hours ago, [GL] Jack I the One & Only said:

Researchers have their own reasons to be in HCZ, almost always of which is for RP.
I'm not saying 049 doesn't need a buff, but researchers aren't the way to do it. This server is already plenty combat-intensive, I'd prefer we not try to make our primary RP branches into combatants without good reason.

As a side note: I believe the rule should be adjusted so that any combatants can be turned, in case of RFA/HMR/etc becoming combatant and able to wipe 049-2's without the risk of becoming one.

Still though, -support.

Well maybe you can come up with a better solution. But far as I can tell rp can still happens, you just need to pay attention when a call is made by 049 so whoever is playing him can engage in rp. As far as I know every time I played him I only ever received books with no titles then left alone in a cell by myself. So you can take it as incentive for researchers to pay more attention to 049 in the future.

And either way I never said for them to become combative, just that if they happened to be heading into 049s cell during a breach it doesnt end in awkward silent staring contest.

I'll even give you an example. In the few days I spent as SCP 049 I only saw one test worth noting where they tested to what lengths 049 would go in order to cure those with the pestilence. Two D-Class contained in two different material. One was surrounded by glass and one by a fence. They allowed me as 049 to actively rp it out. Every other test I encountered after that just involved researchers bringing D-Class in, having 049 cure them and then removing the zombie. Even as I attempted to bargain with them for more research material they would simply toss in a book prop and assume it was good enough. Not even a title for the book.

The only really good rp occurred between me as 049, along with 343 and 035 where 343 kept returning to both of 049 and 035 in order to discuss their past and how they know one another and their overall purpose of being created by him (scp 343). There was mention of Paris and the catacombs, even talk of the Scarlet King. Eventually the hour long rp ended with 035 escaping and coming to 049's chamber where 343 tried to encourage 049 to put behind his past with 035 who attempted to remove his mask. And 049 remaining stubborn in the matter.

Now I'm not saying every rp has to be long and in depth and lore driven. You don't have to do a lot of tests with 049. But put in a little effort, give a book a title, talk to 049, and engage him. If you want to complain about rp have people do it.

• 2 weeks later...