WAK Trial Moderator Application - Denied

WAKPV

Do you believe I should be a trial moderator?   

7 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe I should be a trial moderator?

• Yes
    • No

What is your in-game name?: WAK I also go by WAKPV

What is your steam name?: WAKPV

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_1:0:528345149

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Yes, I was a staff member for a GTA 5 rp on Xbox, and also managed their clubs.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) I've been apart of the community for a little while now. I started roughly in late March, however I've been super active almost everyday. And I also have almost 2 weeks total time on the server.

What date did you make your forums account?: April 20th, 2020

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? : Gold member

How many warns do you have on the server (Show proof with a screenshot)?: I have 2 warnings, the first one is because I said [redacted]  words as Dr. Bright. I take full responsibility, I was spamming it because a member of the E-11 was not being the nicest that night, however that does not make it just for me to do it and it has not and will not ever happen again. My other warning is faking a roll, and that one is because I was showing another officer how you have to watch out for things like that because I've seen certain MTF do it before. And I made sure to put as soon as I rolled that, that I had faked it, so no one would accept it. However, I see how that was wrong and I've never done it since. Check the bottom for the image of it.

Have you donated?: Yes I have donated $80

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator

Are you staff on another community (BE HONEST)?: No

Have you read the staff guidelines at https://gaminglight.com/forums/topic/20650-staff-handbook/ ? You will be tested on it: I have read them and understand them.

Timezone: Central Daylight Time

Permission (Senior Moderator+ need this): N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (150 Word Minimum):

I believe I'm most qualified for the job because I respect it. I don't believe people should get to ruin others time in this game to RP, by minging, RDM'ing, slandering, and any other form of things that make the game less fun for others. I realize that as an administrator its my job to help out those who want to RP and just enjoy the game from their time away from real life. I want to strive to be like some of the best of the admins, like Soviet. I'm not trying to be a suck up by saying this and what not. I want to be like Soviet because every time you see him get on, you know he's gonna get the job done. You know he's gonna handle mingers and take his job seriously. But he's also a nice guy, he likes to have fun with us and help us out when we are having troubles or don't know what to do. I want to be that kind of admin, one that everyone always is happy to see on. I'm very good at seeing both sides of a situation, I know how to use my resources like checking the logs and coordinating with other people to get the full spectrum of what happened. I'm a guy you can count on. I love helping people in this game, whenever a researcher needs an SCP, I'm their guy. I always take it seriously and make it fun for anyone that's involved. I'm new to the E-11 and MTF Nu7, but just today I hoped on. Their was mass riots and breaches, and it was so much fun coordinating with the E-11 higher ups, taking orders, and taking back the facility. I'm reliable, I take my job seriously, and most of all, I'm accountable for my actions, and for the actions of others.

I really want to thank all the staff and higher ups of the SCP-RP server that always help me and point me in the right direction. I really value you guys, and I understand the times when you guys make hard decisions that many of us might not always agree on but is vital to a healthy Gmod server.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you?:  

First of all, I'd freeze them in place of where they were. I'd then tp to them and take note of their surroundings, people in the vicinity who saw the RDM, and any other evidence that might lead me to a conclusion on if, how, and why they did what they did. I'd then bring and the person who initiated the sit and the culprit to the admin room to discuss what's going on. Upon arrival, I'd ask the person who got RDM'd who killed them, and why they killed them. If they person who got RDM'd says it was the culprit and tells me it was for no reason, I'd start speaking to the culprit. I'd ask him why he was doing what he's doing, if any of it was true. If the culprit said he didn't do anything, I'd then open up the logs and see all the people he had killed. I'd tp a couple of them to me(also making sure to tp the very first one killed because they might have the culprit's motive). I'd then ask them if they knew why they were killed, and where they were killed at. After telling me their stories I'd tp them back to where they were killed, and I'd also cross-examine the culprit and ask why he lied. During all this btw, I'd get another admin to just almost watch me so he can give me some pointers and any help I need along the way so I can make sure I'm doing everything correct. After all of that is said and done, I'd ask for the culprit's reasoning behind all of this. I'd then get an admin+ to me to talk about punishments for the mass RDM. After the admin+ and I concur on a good punishment, I'd then tell the culprit his punishment, and also try and ask if he'd like to apologize to any of his victims to maybe try and lessen the sentence by a day or two. But only if the culprit is sincere about the apology. I'd then after all of that, have the admin+ ban the person by the x amount of time.  

Thank you very much for reading this, and feel free to pm me for more questions or anything else needed. I truly love you guys for all the work you guys do.

Garry's Mod 6_17_2020 1_39_07 PM.png

Edited by WAKPV
  • Like 1

EX MTF Omi9 RCT WAK RC22 | MTF Nu7 CPL WAK O07C | MTF E11 PFC WAK | Event Team Member

31 minutes ago, Starstep said:

-Support  I'm sorry, but I don't recall ever seeing you in game?

10 posts doesn't meet the bare minimum needed. 

Edited by Gunther

Former Security Captain | Former RCF Commander | Former Admin of SCP:RP | King Penguin 
200.gif

• Manager
9 hours ago, Starstep said:

-Support  I'm sorry, but I don't recall ever seeing you in game? Also, your poll is public. It's supposed to be private..

- Support Also not very active within the forums only 10 posts, and very far spread out. Try to get your name around a little more. 

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi 

Retired Director of Intelligence(2023) &  Former Epsilon-11 Commander (2020/2023)

-Support 

Replied to own app

TMODs can't ban therefore question is wrong and the ban tenure isn't mentioned

Doesn't meet bare minimum amount of posts.

Overall I would suggest re reading the staff app and applying later and fix you in game and forums activity a bit

Former
|| 
SCP-RP: Commander of Epsilon-11 || Chaos Insurgency Captain || Senior Admin ||  Forums Diplomat || Rho-36 Arcane Autonomous Scout ||

14 hours ago, [GL] Zeus said:

-Support 

Replied to own app

TMODs can't ban therefore question is wrong and the ban tenure isn't mentioned

Doesn't meet bare minimum amount of posts.

Overall I would suggest re reading the staff app and applying later and fix you in game and forums activity a bit

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once

On 6/17/2020 at 2:11 PM, WAKPV said:

STEAM_1:0:528345149

First of all, you used a steamID finder with an outdated API, so this isn’t your steamID. I would suggest using https://steamid.xyz/

Let’s move into your actual application. 

1) You are inactive on the forums which is a shame.

2) your answer to Q. 16 (RDM sit) is in my views extra, unneeded, and wrong. You don’t need to ask every single person involved if you have the logs to prove mass RDM, furthermore you’re treating this like everyone is being civil, but you have to remember that the person in question is not complying at all. Apologizing to those who got RDM’d in some cases can lighten the punishment, but not in the case of MRDM. Also, you were supposed to include the ban time, but sadly you didn’t. 

3) as stated above, you cannot reply to your own app. Luckily you hid that, so some won’t view it as an issue. I understand that it was in good faith, but you’re supposed to make the edit and move on. 

My final thoughts are that you wrote a great response to Q. 15, and I wish you luck. Sadly I don’t believe that this is your time to become staff, but that’s okay. We all get denied our first time applying. What I would recommend you do is come out of this fresh, keep your head strong, and if you truly want to become stuff then you need to become more active on the forums and get more well known in game. Good luck, and I think that you can one day join the staff team if you improve in those few areas. 

- support

I personally feel you are not ready to become a staff at this time because of the facts that you:

-are not very active on forums (and i feel you only boosted activity recently to get accepted)

you answered multiple questions incorrectly, and overall it is way too much for a stuff

And lastly, I literally have never seen you on the server at all

I wish you the best of luck and hope one day you can improve on these

Edited by Øwnęd-RIP RickMay
grammar

Former E11 1LT/Head Ranger,  Former Event Team/Staff Member| GENSEC SGT Foundation Chef

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.133a59eca14307e607c6ed8c10b1d560.gif<- me when the quiet guy in D-block begins to reach into his pocket

On 6/19/2020 at 2:36 AM, October said:

First of all, you used a steamID finder with an outdated API, so this isn’t your steamID. I would suggest using https://steamid.xyz/

Let’s move into your actual application. 

1) You are inactive on the forums which is a shame.

2) your answer to Q. 16 (RDM sit) is in my views extra, unneeded, and wrong. You don’t need to ask every single person involved if you have the logs to prove mass RDM, furthermore you’re treating this like everyone is being civil, but you have to remember that the person in question is not complying at all. Apologizing to those who got RDM’d in some cases can lighten the punishment, but not in the case of MRDM. Also, you were supposed to include the ban time, but sadly you didn’t. 

3) as stated above, you cannot reply to your own app. Luckily you hid that, so some won’t view it as an issue. I understand that it was in good faith, but you’re supposed to make the edit and move on. 

My final thoughts are that you wrote a great response to Q. 15, and I wish you luck. Sadly I don’t believe that this is your time to become staff, but that’s okay. We all get denied our first time applying. What I would recommend you do is come out of this fresh, keep your head strong, and if you truly want to become stuff then you need to become more active on the forums and get more well known in game. Good luck, and I think that you can one day join the staff team if you improve in those few areas. 

This man said it perfectly.

[ SCP RP ] Director of Research & Security || Armored Shield Award Winner || First Head Warden & HOPO || Security Artillery Unit || D-7025 || D-Class High Council || Former Head of Security || Former Admin || Former Event Team Member

spacer.png

DENIED.

After review, the SCP-RP SMT team has decided not to accept you for staff. This can be because of your application, experience, behavior, feedback, or other unstated reasons. You may re-apply in 1 week.

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."