Cornthecanadian - False warn report- Denied

Rando1

Your In-game: Mister Rando

Your SteamID: STEAM_0:1:25297801

The admin's name in-game: Cornthecanadian

The admin's steam name (If you know it): [GL] Cornthecanadian 

What warning did you receive: Player diss

Evidence of the warn (REQUIRED): Attached picture. In the text box it shows me being warned.

Why do you think this warn was false: I was role playing as a prisoner and he warned me for player diss. Everything I said was in role play and not intended towards the individual behind the microphone but towards the character in game. There was no sit and the admin didn't even tell me anything. I was just warned with no warning or explanation whatsoever.

Any extra information: I think the admin may have made a mistake or flew in at the wrong time, which I understand. My dialogue is always in role play and while I admit it may get a bit racy at times, it is all from my real life experience as a person who had been in similar situations. I never meant any personal disrespect. The times I have been in jail, we haze fresh meat if they complain or act above us. I was simply role playing the part of a prisoner.

1.png

Edited by Rando1

Just because you think it's in a roleplay manner doesn't mean that everyone thinks it in a roleplay manner.

-Support

TheJayden | Retired PoliceRP PD Colonel | Retired/Reserve Delta Squad Second Lieutenant | Street Crimes Unit Co-Commander | Member of Gaminglight since March 29, 2018 |

-Support 

The player diss rule applies for role play and out of character

Lets say your calling someone a dumbass in role play just think about it you’re the other person and you’re hearing that after someone killing you it’s still diss

PD CPL | FBI SA | DEA ASAC | DEA FTO | SS SO | Scythes Of Paradise Lord

People will do you wrong over and over, but the one time you call them out your suddenly the bad guy.” - Juice WRLD

"Yesterday, today was tomorrow. And tomorrow, today will be yesterday." - George Harrison

1 hour ago, Noah REmiX said:

-Support 

The player diss rule applies for role play and out of character

Lets say your calling someone a dumbass in role play just think about it you’re the other person and you’re hearing that after someone killing you it’s still diss

Is like saying. Of I'm a black person ingame. That means I can say the n-word. 

Surprise you can't.

Head Admin SCP-RP || Event Team Overseer || Ethics Committee || Ex Security FTO 1LT || Ex Security Warden || Ex CI R&D Senior Agent || UMC Guest [LVL 0] || Former Research Researcher || Former DORSU || Former DOC || Former LCZ Manager ||  I aM sPeCiAl || 

Depending on what you said, stuff you mean as in RP could actualy offend or hurt people.

So even if its in Rp you can still player diss.

Again I dont know what you said so cant judge to what extend a warning was needed.

For the moment - Support

Imis0mI.png
Former S.W.A.T Commander & J.M.T Member

🌟Best driver of the year award🌟

You called a guy a p****. Player diss is player diss in or out of RP. People can take things not the way you intend. Also, how did I now explain it to you? I spent like 3 minutes straight before and after I warned you explaining to you that player diss is player diss in or out of RP. Don’t lie please.

"No Disrespect/Racism/Inappropriate or offensive content (In anyway shape or form)" is in the PoliceRP MOTD. So that would mean you cannot playerdiss someone no matter what the situation is, so I would recommend to not roleplay in that way.

Gaminglight PoliceRP Retired Superadmin

“Genius is one percent inspiration, ninety-nine percent perspiration.”

“There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.”

“You are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in."

55 minutes ago, Calamity said:

"No Disrespect/Racism/Inappropriate or offensive content (In anyway shape or form)" is in the PoliceRP MOTD. So that would mean you cannot playerdiss someone no matter what the situation is, so I would recommend to not roleplay in that way.

-support

|Ex PD LT|Delta squad RCT| Ex senior moderator| 

+support

I'm gonna go against the bandwagon and give my take on this because I was there when it happened.

I was arresting an individual, who I was dragging to the jailor. On arresting said person, he was teleported inside the jail. Rando who was held in the jail cell/holding cell said "Let me in there with the pussy!". Corn who was in the room said "Not a smart thing to say in front of an admin..." and warned him approximately 5 seconds after he said it.

First off, the person could not hear him say it. He was inside the other jail cells.

The only person(s) who heard it were corn and myself. It was clearly said in a roleplay manner.

Secondly, if the other person does not report said disser, they should not get warned for it. If someone is truly offended, they will report it. Staff should not immediately warn someone unless the other person takes direct offense to it.

Let's take hypothetical scenario 1. I'm playing with my friends who have no care in the world about me calling them a name. A staff member overhears and I get warned for it. Why?

The whole point of the rule is to deter people getting offended, but if I don't get offended why should I be warned/held accountable? It is clearly said in a manner that the other person knows that they will not take offense/in a joking manner

In conclusion, the warning should be removed as

1. the person did not hear it
  2. it was clearly said in a roleplay manner
  3. the person should report the disser (dissee?) if they are truly offended.

9 hours ago, Quangasaurusrex said:

+support

I'm gonna go against the bandwagon and give my take on this because I was there when it happened.

I was arresting an individual, who I was dragging to the jailor. On arresting said person, he was teleported inside the jail. Rando who was held in the jail cell/holding cell said "Let me in there with the pussy!". Corn who was in the room said "Not a smart thing to say in front of an admin..." and warned him approximately 5 seconds after he said it.

First off, the person could not hear him say it. He was inside the other jail cells.

The only person(s) who heard it were corn and myself. It was clearly said in a roleplay manner.

Secondly, if the other person does not report said disser, they should not get warned for it. If someone is truly offended, they will report it. Staff should not immediately warn someone unless the other person takes direct offense to it.

Let's take hypothetical scenario 1. I'm playing with my friends who have no care in the world about me calling them a name. A staff member overhears and I get warned for it. Why?

The whole point of the rule is to deter people getting offended, but if I don't get offended why should I be warned/held accountable? It is clearly said in a manner that the other person knows that they will not take offense/in a joking manner

In conclusion, the warning should be removed as

1. the person did not hear it
  2. it was clearly said in a roleplay manner
  3. the person should report the disser (dissee?) if they are truly offended.

Untitled-2.png.340348ae20671cd9033dba833d191c9e.png