SCP-939 total overhaul - Denied

Komrade Seals

NOTE: This suggestion came into my mind when I read Gunther's suggestion for changing the 939 recontainment, so my own proposed changes should in theory go hand in hand with that.

What you want to see? - A (near) total overhaul of SCP-939 in the way it is done on the server, to make the SCP more lore friendly with changes such as the following.

• Adding a third 939 'job' so that the 939's are actually a pack as presented in the lore.
  • If possible, moving all the individual 939's into one containment cell, in keeping with the belief of keeping 'the pack' together.
  • A rule that if the 939's breach, they must stick together and follow the same route.
  • Changing recontainment- Possibly changing the HP (flexible on this) and making the primary method of recontainment termination (like I said, in keeping with @Gunther's suggestion)
  • An alternative recontainment- If a 939 is the lone survivor out of the other two, or is otherwise isolated during a breach, with HP lower then ~1000 (again, flexible with possibilities), then it must be tranquilised as opposed to terminated.
  • Something that may be a little harder to implement yet all the more rewarding- bringing in 939's 'amnestic breath' trait- Reduce the current damage of the 939 bite, and if a player(s) is bitten by a 939 a specified amount of times and live, they pass out with a similar effect to a tranquiliser a moment later. 

Why should we add it? - In my eyes this will bring more coordination with the 939's in how they work, and again, the simple matter of having it being more lore friendly. 939's are pack predators, and having only two of them with no pack-related mechanics really hurts the way 939 is seen. Adding the third 939 and having the trio cooperate will hopefully reinforce the presentation of the 939's having a distinct characteristic from the other skips.

The changes in regards to recontainment should also (in theory) bring more depth to the SCP. Currently recontainment is a simple (if not obnoxiously easy) matter of tranquilising the 939- far too little trouble in regards to dealing with a Keter breach.

939's 'amnestic bite' is the only reasonable, yet at the same time strangely creative way I could think of implementing the amnestic breath characteristic demonstrated in the SCP's wiki article. A justification for the 'passing out' could be the excessive amounts of amnestics taking effect. Adding this is likely to change the way the 939's are played, promoting more 'tactical' thinking and coordination as opposed to an all-out mouse button mash, instead cooperating with the pack and utilising more 'hit and run' attacks in an effort to clear the way to their end goals.

What are the advantages of having this? - It will totally change the SCP, and for the better, adding a 3rd 939 and promoting cooperation among them via the rules will make them 'funner' to play as, and making it a 'thinking mans' SCP when it comes to breaches.

Who is it mainly for? - 939, and 939 players.

Links to any content - N/A

+support 

so i support the idea but you NEED to follow format buuuuut 939 amnestic breath sounds great 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

1 hour ago, Ritz said:

-support

having to shoot 3 funee dogs that are all roaming in a pack, that have a 1-2 shot swep for all humans
sounds like a fun time for MTF

Even if the changes do go through it's looking like it will stay as 2.

And yes, the 939 swep does ridiculous damage- hence why in my final suggestion about the amnestic breath/bite, one of the traits of it would be reduced damage.

Why is that any better than simply dying?
A keter bites you, you get tranq'd. Whats going to stop it from simply just killing your tranq'd body.

Pretty sure i would be hell to implement as you would need a whole new swep that carries the properties of the tranquilizer gun thats still does a high damage amount.

I feel like there is just too much that would need to be changed for this to make sense implementing.

Edited by Ritz

Was Nu7 2LT

Shot Once

Was a Nu7 MSGT

also was a CI Captain once