Increase SO Limit to 20 - Accepted

Matricies

What you want to see? - Increase the SO limit from 10 to 20

Why should we add it? - We are one of the primary branches and take on the most recruits and during peak hours I have people in security who are unable to get on their SO whitelist due to the low cap.

What are the advantages of having this? - Ability to have more SO's on during peak times. This improves player satisfaction and ability of security to defend D block.

Who is it mainly for? - Security and other foundation

Links to any content - None

Edited by Matricies

44 minutes ago, Berserkerpups said:

+/ Support

Yes it helps with more gensec but you guys could promote SO's to LCPL's

Hello Berserker,

The issue isn't just SO's not being promoted. Today we have had an insane number of trainees coming through today resulting in the overfill of security today and not all of them deserve promotions. It results in an issue where I have 10 SO on all the time because of nonstop trainees we get and if they can't get on there class right away after training, it makes it feel like the training was pointless until room opens up.

You could enact a training block which would inflate the number going into research, but +/- support. What’s gonna happen is 20 players might become too little and then you’ll have to find ways around that

On 3/30/2019 at 7:50 PM, October said:

You could enact a training block which would inflate the number going into research, but +/- support. What’s gonna happen is 20 players might become too little and then you’ll have to find ways around that

Hello October,

Having some sort of time limit or block was discussed at the meeting we had on Saturday and it was not favorable in commands eyes. This is the next best thing aside from promoting random SOs to open room.

2 hours ago, Matricies said:

Hello October,

Having some sort of time limit or block was discussed at the meeting we had on Saturday and it was not favorable in commands eyes. This is the next best thing aside from promoting random SOs to open room.

Matricies, I completely agree, 

both solutions are only temporary rises to the true problem. Yet, at GENSEC’s rate of inflation I worry that 20 SO slots will not become enough. I was a CMDR and I understand that you cannot promote someone just cuz you need to make room so I still stand by my idea of a temporary training block which will not only allow you to even out your numbers, it will allow other departments to grow. 

I don't think a training block is a viable option if that were the case Security numbers would plummet and the entire server would suffer since there are rarely research personnel online that can train new members in their own branch. The issue at hand isn't not having too many Security Officer ranked people in our department, but rather having too many of one rank online at once. 

+ Support for me

Retired SCP-RP Head of Staff

March 3rd, 2019 - December 16th, 2021

7 hours ago, Rookieblue said:

I don't think a training block is a viable option if that were the case Security numbers would plummet and the entire server would suffer since there are rarely research personnel online that can train new members in their own branch. The issue at hand isn't not having too many Security Officer ranked people in our department, but rather having too many of one rank online at once. 

+ Support for me

The adding of slots is only a temporary fix. GENSEC brings in too many players. The freeze on training would fix the problem and would allow command to root out inactive players while also inflating other departments. 

+ support

the training block idea was bought up and denined for the reason of it could kill gensec if not done probably like the promotion cooldown was and considering we are the branch needed to go into NU7 and A1 it is to be expected a lot of people want to join but if i joined the server and was told a couldnt become a SO because of the freeze and that i should do research i would have left, while yes it will help research it will also harm gensec to much to be considered viable

will also stop the random promotions to LCPL i have to do because there are to many of us

and if 20 gets to small then we have a major problem

Edited by Rangiatea

"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."