Josh Trial Moderator Application

Josh aka Spike

What is your in-game name?: SWAT CPL Josh XR09

What is your steam name?:  Josh H-Y.

What is your steam ID?: STEAM_0:1:181545127

Do you have any other experience with staffing?: (If yes, explain) Not being a staff member on a server but I have had experience dealing with problems in communities when admins were not available. Such as help with common issues like inventory glitches on the gaminglight server. Or roleplay scenarios that have gone wrong and needed someone to take control of the situation. This experience has also come in other communities in other games such a DOJ of GTA 5 and many clans in games like Holdfast: Nations at War and Arma 3. Which required professionalism throughout as each community was serious RP.

What date did you start playing on the community? (roughly) Roughly I started playing on the server over a year ago. Mostly just jumping in every now and again and didn't take much notice of the rules and people around me. It was more a one of day experience. I took a long break from GMOD and returned around October 2017 and been playing actively since. This is roughly when I say I fully integrated into the community as a whole. Meeting new people and making friends and having an active say in what the community should strive for in the future.

What date did you make your forums account? 1/03/18 or 03/01/18 for those Americans that may be reading this.

Current rank on server (This is a ULX rank ONLY! Not a RP Rank)? Member

How many warns do you have on the server? 14. Most of which are when I was a noob to the server and never bothered to read the rules when I first started playing. Others are more questionable warns which I did not wish to appeal due to non recorded evidence or personally speaking to admins with higher ups on how to better deal with situations.

Have you donated? No but I am planning on becoming a VIP member soon.

What rank are you applying for? Trial Moderator 

Have you read the staff guidelines at http://gaminglight.com/main/topic/20650-staff-handbook/? You will be tested on it: Yes

Timezone: GMT (UK)

Permission (Admin+ need this): N/A

Why do you believe that you deserve the rank? (Can be any length) I feel that I deserve this rank as I am an individual that tries to talk to people on a level I would like to be spoken to. I am a very caring and kind person and always try to find compromises in any arguments or situations with hostility as a peace maker. Whilst being in this community I have been in a few sits which I felt that the staff could of handled things better and has driven me to become one myself. I try my best to help everyone in a professional and courtesy manner. My aim is to solve a persons problem with excellent service and integrity. I like to help people with their problems and able to hear people out from perspectives that others may not have the ability to do so. I try to give people chances before being very strict which helps build relationships with members of the community and mutual respect. I try to give most people verbal warnings as I feel it has a better impact but I am not afraid to give so if needed.

How would you handle someone that is Mass RDMing and when you bring him/her to an admin sit all they do is curse at you? Try to be reasonable with the person and come down to their level. Ask the individual why they keep RDMing people and reasons for such hostility. If they do not stop being dissrepectful I would give them a verbal warning that such behaviour is not tolerated at any person in the community and try calm them down. I'd ask them again why they are rdming people and not listening to previous instructions not to do so. If they still continue to curse or try to run away from the sit or shoot people in the sit, I would then jail that person whilst the sit continued. I would bring other people that were being effected by the rdm to give their story and events. If I had sufficient evidence of such offences occurring and beyond reasonable doubt, I would then return the witnesses to their original positions and talk with the player. If they still do not give a valid reason/curse or just stay silent during the sit. I would then tell the player that they would be receiving a warning for Mass RDM. I would get the persons SteamID and call a higher admin that would minge that person for the set amount on the staff handbook of 10,000 seconds.

+SUPPORT

-Very active all around(TS/Forums/In-game), despite time zone differences

-Mature

-Kind

-Great application

-experienced

-correctly answered last question

-Would make a great trial moderator

Good Luck!

Former Lieutenant/Deputy Sheriff 1S-44 

Former ARU: Breacher (Trojan 7)

Former S.W.A.T Corporal

GamingLight Admin

+SUPPORT

-Mature

-Kind

-Great application

-experienced

Good Luck!

+SUPPORT

-Mature

-Kind

-Great application

-experienced

Good Luck!

Good Luck my brother!

"Crack open a cold one mate, no worries mate, come to the outback mate, gonna go to maccas and get some brekky mate"

+SUPPORT

-Mature

-Kind

-Great application

-experienced

Good Luck!

+major support

LT Forrest 1A54 | SGT Trooper Forrest 1T54 | SWAT SGT Forrest XR01 | SS VCDMR Forrest XS54 | Sheriff SGT Forrest 1S15

• 2 weeks later...