AOS System

TheTrueS0nic

What do you want to see?:

I would like to see a system to make placing an AOS easier, not only in placing it but also in seeing the person that has the AOS placed on. I've seen a system like this before on a different server, and the way it was there was that you would place an AOS via /aos and simply select the person you want to place an AOS on and select a reason. Then this person would be highlighted for all law enforcement battalions in a red outline.
The way I would want to see it here is that people can use a command like /aos or /raos to request an AOS, then someone with either the appropriate rank or someone from within a law enforcement battalion would accept or deny the request. The AOS would also expire after the person's death or after a certain amount of time.
In addition to this highlighter, it would also be nice to have a list of all the people who are AOS, be it via a list on the HUD or a quick look with the accurate command.

Why should we add it?:

It's not really something we need but it's something that would be nice to have. Now I know this isn't reason enough, so I will give a proper one.
Having a system like this would enable us to spot a suspect from afar, not needing to walk right up to them to see if they really are the person we are looking for. For example a Stormtrooper who is wanted for Murder and is standing in a crowd of several other Stormtroopers. With a system like described above, SHOCK and other law enforcement battalions can spot the suspect and plan a solid arrest with little to none problems like false arrests.

What are the advantages of having this?:

Same as described above, a big advantage is that we can spot wanted suspects from afar. With other battalions also being able to request an AOS, it would make it easier got have a proper overview of who is AOS.

Who is it mainly for?:

Basically everyone, but mainly all law enforcement battalions like SHOCK, Naval and ISB

ISB:IA Chief Garrick Versio

Senior Admin

+support

- Makes it easier to find so that they actually get found and dont get away

- Often after certain amounts of time AOS's are forgotten about, this would help eliminate this.

Current: Sovereign Protector| Super Admin |

Former: DT NCO|SHGL| Agent Kallus | Senior Moderator Clarence | First "Agent Kyle"

Nova CPT Former Shock LTCOL |Former shock VCMDR| Former Senior Mod                                                  

+Support

- would make it easier for security based battalions and make communication better

Edited by Caidon

Head ISB:IA Agent

Senior Admin

Ex: L21 & C37 Nova Marksmen CPT, STRM Operative Alpha, ST/TT CPT, Shore Vice Lead

-support As someone who is constantly AOS'd, Personally this would make is harder to do certain pyke shenagiagans especially some that require escaping from the law, Not to mention this would also harm one of our sub battalions by putting a physical marker above the player making it impossible to attempt to avoid shock during roleplay scenarios, Personally I would rather have it stay as it is to keep potential metagaming such as a Pyke Saboteur disguising as Lets say Tank, They sabotage the Engine Core and get spotted so the AOS is put on the tank trooper. The Pyke then gets far enough away to safely remove their disguise and continue their escape. Having this AOS system would completely ruin any chance of that working as you can now see above their head they are AOS despite there being no reports of a Pyke doing something wrong just the tank trooper, The AOS then becomes an identifying mark despite there being no roleplay reason you would know that was the Pyke that sabotaged the engine core.

Don't get me wrong this would be extremely nice  for shock to arrest people but there are major roleplay implications due to the Criminal Faction on the server. Adding a rule like " You can only use it on imperials would also not work since Saboteurs special ability is disguising as imperials.

Based glorbnob

Jimmy

Current: IC 2LT Reaper

Retired 501st Vice Commander and 501st COL for 10 minutes

former tank trooper enlisted, ic cpl, stepped down 501st hvyal, arcal hammer, snrhvy, dt spc, sf onyx wo, tank shc csm, ic blu

+Support+
The AOS list is a great idea, having a way to see if there are currently people AOS would be amazing, maybe make a pop up system like the ticket system if someone did a /aos command and law enforcement saw it because at least for me i dont look at chat all of the time, and if someone is AOSed I dont know, but having a list I can pull up and a pop up that someone is AOS would be amazing

-Support-
The outline sounds ok, but it would cause issues within RP situations like Glorbnob stated, it would also take away from the hunt, tracking down someone and arresting them can be an interesting and fun thing to do, plus that is ERU's whole job, so that would take away 70% of their purpose as well, maybe have an AOS mark above their head whenever you can view their name, but even then Glorbnob's suggestion makes that not the best.

Edited by Olive

EX: Shock HVAL LTCOL Olive/K2S0 SK517
EX: ERUL

+ Support
+ Currently after issuing an AOS, people simply drop it after 5 minutes because they forgot the name or don't know if the AOS is still active (escaped/KIA etc)
+ This removes the option of laying that AOS is inactive anymore, etc.
+ This would help with communication within Law enforcement regiments. Currently, 1 AOS per radio/comms gets lost  with time on the server
+ Accessible list with issued AOS would provide additional RP within the server which would make people ID check more often. Arresting without ID check, when the person in front of you is not escaping/attacking you would be failrp anyway

- Support
- AOS cannot be automatically issued, it could lead to overusing it. Maybe rules and rank locks  (it has to be easy to search and get known with)
- Mark above head would be a bit too much, I'm more sided with a list with accessible  ID names for ex: Pyke Enforcer Saav

Regarding Glorbnob's reply, I'm more into allowing it as an accessible list of players with AOS issued. The marked newest AOS would be like defcon thing, not a mark above player's head. AOS issued by for ex. Chief Garrick Versio or anyone else is always announced with reason.
Additionally Cirminals are not meant to be allowed on-ship, and therefore for ex. Saboteur has to really try to get on it, currently, it is too easy to do so.

- Support
- Firstly its already pretty easy to identify someone who is AOSed as almost all the models are different from each other
- I think with the Server becoming more RP a giant AOS Sign Floating above someone's head isn't going to help.
- Also could cause some issues with RP and Baton Arresting

- Support
When this was theorized I thought it was a pretty good idea but, I see a few issues with it. 

1. If a player has a marker above there head or is outlined it takes a bit of RP out of an already struggling RP environment, Its good to work with troops and use the comms system to find fugitives rather then having them stickling out to everyone.

2. A system like this is likely to be abused or misused.

General Resin

Lead Admin

2ND EVER TANK CMDR Ex ST VCMDR Ex STRM Lead Ex SCTAL Ex DT PFC Ex Senior Gamemaster

-Support

Being marked on the map and highlighted makes no sense logically but if we could somehow make it so if a person sees the person they could be pinged like a comms in thing but that would be a pain to even start trying to code so I just don't see it worth it.

Current Ranks: None LMAO
Former Ranks: SCP RP: Former CI 2LT l  l Former D5 2LT l Former Senior Moderator l Former RRH Guardian Juliet 7 Level 100 Gang
Imperial RP: Former DT 1SGT l Former IF Senior Agent l Former Naval Commander 
Police RP: Former Police CPL l Former SRT PVT l Worst Police RP PVPER

I feel like I have to comment at this point.
The system I proposed doesn't put a big sign above someone's head like some people pointed out. It would give them a slight outline so that they would stand out from a crowd.
It's not that easy to figure out who is AOS when we all basically look the same, at least if we're all in the same battalion. The person that has the AOS knows that and they will flee if approached by any law enforcement units. 

Though I do agree that it could mess around a bit with the roleplay factor, but you don't just get an AOS placed on you for no reason. We could however just void the outline if it causes too many issues, though I personally don't think it would. Having the list alone would already be good to have an eye out for any active AOS as most people forget about them a lot or arrest someone after the AOS was voided due to death or other reasons.

For those who say that it would get abused, people shouldn't falsely place an AOS in the first place. That would be cause for a staff sit.

ISB:IA Chief Garrick Versio

Senior Admin

-support

I agree with Glorbnob, as someone who gets AOS'd an above-average amount of time shock and other arresting battalions should be able to keep track of who they need to arrest. Its always awesome when you talk your way out of an arrest and it would ruin RP to just be outlined eliminating this RP that could take place.

Current: Commander Boss - Co-Creator of the HCD

Ex: SF Vice Marshall, IC VCMDR Fixer/Scorch

• Beckett changed the title to AOS System
  • Manager

ACCEPTED

Thank you for your suggestion! We appreciate your support in improving our server! High Command and I have discussed this and will be implementing a similar/alternate version.