Do you think the server has become less RP focused? How do you think the server could improve in the RP field?

Above the Law

In the past few weeks, I have observed that the RP-focused branches, such as Research, Maintenance, and Medical, have not been receiving as much attention as they used to. As a result, their activity has been declining. Although our server is primarily intended for Roleplay, it seems like we have been focusing more on the PVP aspect of the game, rather than roleplay.

Additionally, it appears that some members of MTF are misusing SCPs such as SCP-294, which has led to incidents of RDM against other members of the server.

In my opinion, the server should consider toning down the combat-related updates and shift towards a more roleplay-oriented approach. For instance, MTF should prioritize implementing updates that enhance roleplaying experiences, rather than simply providing better weapons or cooler models to make their branch look more bad ass.

I believe that changes can be made to address these concerns, but I would like to hear input from others before making any suggestions. What do you think?

Edited by Above the Law

HOR CRYPTONUS
 Username: Cryptonus

Head of Research | MTF A-1 LCPL PINE

"[OOC] Trial Moderator | MTF E11 MRK LCPL Prox: Alexx why did you suck me?" - Prox

Naah just sensitive ppl

Maintenance Expert ll Ex. Foremen ll Ex. EFM ll Ex. Senior Technician ll Ex. RRH Engineer Squad Leader Golf 1 ll One of the Greatest minges ll  I'M NOT A RANG SIMP Troll face  ll Ex. Umbrella Corporation CMDR

Other things to keep in mind is it isn't just military branches, I've seen Dr Brights and Technician Tommy's doing shit with 294 that results in massrdm in the past couple weeks but that seems to have been mostly resolved.

Not really sure how we could implement trying to focus back on RP as most players are set in the idea that this server is "Semi-serious at best" mentality. A big issue I've had is we implement things like the code of ethics and then half-heartedly enforce it. The most I see from repeated breaking of in-RP rules is slaps on the wrist and verbal warnings again and again. 

I agree on the tone-down of the arms race between the combatant branches as it just ends up with SCP's refusing to flag up, D-class refusing to flag up, and research and medical kind of being left dead in the water. I literally have only seen maybe 2-3 instances of medical RP in a week and it was the same guy. They are almost always on Combat Care Unit or the t2 versions because there is no point to the medical RP. Same goes for Research, I thought I was revitilizing RAU but it turns out some players play on it because they can't do testing so they would rather be able to defend themselves rather than just die to d-class or get crossfired.

A lot of recent updates have pushed the server into Military RP with SCP elements to it.

• Like 1

Yeah I agree the server has become less RP focussed and has shifted towards combat, and the very limited RP can be boring since its either really heavy or none at all.

I believe that a way to fix it would be to limit combat a bit more and add bigger incentives for RP, or you could make the combat slower and have more impact.

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

I also agree with that, we have become a TDM Server, D-class have 30 second NLR at Max. If you have Platinum+ you even get a Free Gun, so you can come back into Combat, directly after you Respawn. With no incentive, to why you would want to Participate with Research, or SCP Containment. And instead just go take the chance, and Shoot at the next best Foundation Member you see. And just do as much damage to him, before he notices you and Guns you down, before you Spawn back into your Cell and repeat this Process, til you are able to push up, where MTF waits, and Guns you down, and the circle repeats.

This is of course, not only the D-class fault, but also partly at the Managment, on how they handled D-Class, they dont need a Reason to use Guns. They dont have a Reason to RP. Or simply dont want to. This is just extremly time consuming, since Researchers are given only a super small ammount of Time, they can do Test.

Every 10 minutes a CI raids happen, during which the Lower Ranks have to stay inside their Bunks, same with Medical.

Every 30 seconds a D-class CC starts a Riot, and tries to kill their Guards. Or skips them and just goes for them.

So getting a D-class who wants to RP, takes a pretty long Time, even longer for getting them for SCP Maintainment. If D-class want to Riot, they are aloowed to as long as they want. And we can only Shoot them down again and again, til they are Bored off it. Or change their Mind, and decide to go for the Airlock, and waits for someone to Open it up, so he can be taken for testing, when they are needed. WHich might take a while for Nu7 or Research to show up, during this Time, he might change his Mind, and Join the Riot again, and again.

While i dont know what is going on with CI, and i dont want to say to much not that i am totally Wrong, but that R&D was removed, also shows, that their is less interest to RPing with their Fellow CI, and do tests on SCPs their Steal, and more interest with going inside of the Kill House and do IDK what, i never was there.

I think an overall shared Problem in the MTF Branches, NU7, D5, and E11 is also, that their is a bigger interest in Combat then to do RP, and i even notice it myself, when ever i am online, that i am more Likely, to just wait, for GENSEC to call me for help, then me going around and do some RP on site. ( I am giving my Best to change that so ye lets see how that goes lmao)

I think personally this might be becuse there is TO MUCH Combat, on the Server, that you never Calm down enaught that you want to do other Stuff, then be in the next Combat Situation. But changing the Stuff to be more RP Focused, might be Disliked by the People who want it to stay a TDM Server.

Maybe a Solution to this, is making Cuffing Easier, so D-class could be taken more Easy, for Testing or for SCPs, but those are Suggestions for another Time.

Also to be not completly negativ,

RP also is regulary done, by Maint, and Nu7 and D5, working this more and more about Step after Step, will help us bring us towards more and more RP. Bit after bit.

Edited by Boesermaster

We have the same issue on PoliceRP quite often. Becoming more of a TDM then a RP server sometimes.

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

Remove D-classes infinite supply of guns.

Dclass are usually the backbone of all forms of Roleplay, if they have a gun. They have no reason to rp cuz they can just shoot things. 

I don't wanna blame it all on Dclass but. .

One of the main issues. Is Dclasses lack of actual roleplay, going pew pew and dying instantly and repeating that scenario isn't roleplay. 

It also makes it hard for research because the core aspect that research relies on is dclass for testing, if researchers can't test then they'll get bored of the server or just not play research.

Gensec tries to roleplay but everything that isn't a warden, jugg or hcom gets gunned down ny everything under the sun. 

Nu7 are checkpoint jockeys now, but our guidelines can get us in trouble if we follow them too strictly due to the powerplay simulator that is hcz checkpoint. And the fact that Nu7 has final say over who enters HCZ unless you're level 4+ sort of .  we all have our own restrictions and guidelines we have to follow. not final say but it is our job to monitor who goes in and who goes out.

D5 is also kinda powerplay simulator almost. The code of ethics is roleplay but it gets hectic really fast and it usually ends in confusion or mass chaos. (Not in D5 so i can't say much)

E11 and CI are the most combat based due to surface wars  

Edited by Yamato
  • Laughing 1

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 5/7/2023 at 11:49 PM, Boesermaster said:

Every 10 minutes a CI raids happen, during which the Lower Ranks have to stay inside their Bunks, same with Medical.

15 minutes*

Freedom at last.

Former: Assistant Inspector, Head of Longshot, Research Assistant Supervisor & Operations Supervisor, G.O.C. Officer & Head of bulldozers, CI COL, EOI D-2, DJ

Former: Scout Captain, Second Lieutenant, Senior Crewman, Storm Commando Captain.

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

the fact that Nu7 has final say over who enters HCZ unless you're level 4+

Depends on the situation, your not supposed to deny entry unless no ID is provided the only people who shouldn’t be in HCZ are E11 and D5 unless they are looking for someone 

2 hours ago, Yamato said:

Branch relations between Nu7 and D5 aren't doing so good rn]

If there are issue with people In any branch take it to cmd or HCMD

Edited by Pure

Retired Nu-7 Vice Commander Pure

Yall are all only focusing on the smallest of problems. The reason RP doesn't exist on this server ties into the type of command there is on the server. Barely anyone awards people for outstanding RP even in medical/maintenance. The fact of the matter is SCP RP simply chooses mostly terrible leaders for high roles with few exceptions.

• Like 1

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

30 minutes ago, Some Weeb said:

The reason RP doesn't exist on this server ties into the type of command there is on the server. Barely anyone awards people for outstanding RP even in medical/maintenance. The fact of the matter is SCP RP simply chooses mostly terrible leaders for high roles with few exceptions.

This is indeed something. .    Command runs everything.   all it takes is one wrong action and it'll crumble down.  Command is the one thing that alot of people strive for but when they get there they don't realize the importance of their rank.    
the higher the rank the more sensitive the actions are.    
we focus on what roleplay happens and we strive to increase that roleplay, not add or remove functions of the server.   that is what should be done

Yamato
Nu7 Sergeant Major 
Former: RRH Guardian KILO 20 | HTF MSG Inferno 2142 (MK2) Nu-7: CPT, DHBHM, DHCBRN. | D5: MSGT x3 | Sec MSGT. | Moderator |
1 Year DHBHM 

On 5/9/2023 at 2:39 PM, Some Weeb said:

Yall are all only focusing on the smallest of problems. The reason RP doesn't exist on this server ties into the type of command there is on the server. Barely anyone awards people for outstanding RP even in medical/maintenance. The fact of the matter is SCP RP simply chooses mostly terrible leaders for high roles with few exceptions.

Had a feeling you were gonna stay lurking 💀high five tho lmfao

CI CMDR / CA

lolrip_2_75.png.dc1d08f4d907c816d920de2b5132ac58.png

57 minutes ago, [GL] Fizz-y Soda said:

Had a feeling you were gonna stay lurking 💀high five tho lmfao

Resigned more or less cause I hate how they managed their branches... This very problem. I like GL but the command are defo an issue. 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

6 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

Resigned more or less cause I hate how they managed their branches... This very problem. I like GL but the command are defo an issue. 

You can fill out a Form to complain about command, and address these Issues. Or make player reports ? I am not sure which one would apply in this situation. 

9 hours ago, Boesermaster said:

You can fill out a Form to complain about command, and address these Issues. Or make player reports ? I am not sure which one would apply in this situation. 

It wouldn't be a complaint or report. What I am referencing is what I believe to be a fundamental issue with how the structure of SCP RP is.  If I was to make any sort of formal movement it would be more like a suggestion which would be (complete) reorganization of command. In other words highly unlikely to go anywhere. 

• Like 2