Fix the lag...

Boonie McBone

What you want to see? - The awful ping and the FPS fixed.

Why should we add it? - You can't play with conditions like this. The only time I've been able to play is at like 1pm when there's 50 people on.

What are the advantages of having this? - People can actually play the game

Who is it mainly for? - Everyone

Links to any content - None

I'm not sure what the server is, but everyone has 250+ ping 24/7 whenever there is over 50 people online, that's probably a host problem, and in that case I think we need a  new host. You simply can't play the game if you teleport around every 2 seconds. I'm sure the whole community can agree.

Whenever a suggestion is put into place, the only problem is "might cause lag" "oh no it will probably have lots of lag"

Fix it, please.

Edited by Boonie McBone

5 minutes ago, Shooter32073 said:

+Support

IF

It can be done without removing anything that is used or is to be added to the server. I like the server like it is and I would like to see new things but nothing useful go.

btw this is the blandest suggestion I have seen.

For starters, there’s no need for your text to be that big. Secondly, what would you like me to say that wouldn’t be “bland”. It’s a problem that needs to be fixed. Also, what’s the point of having a bunch of cool things if you can’t even play the damn game without lagging. 

22 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

For starters, there’s no need for your text to be that big. Secondly, what would you like me to say that wouldn’t be “bland”. It’s a problem that needs to be fixed. Also, what’s the point of having a bunch of cool things if you can’t even play the damn game without lagging. 

Holdup did you just say starter?

also chill Im just saying this is very bland meaning its very basic. You said "Fix the lag" and was like change the host or something

Not really currently I believe this is the best rn

2 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

Dude. What is there to be said? It’s a “basic” suggestion that is probably the #1 suggestion made to the server

3 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

Dude. What is there to be said? It’s a “basic” suggestion that is probably the #1 suggestion made to the server

Also everyone has wanted to fix the lag. This is not a new idea

Gah chill bro

Just now, Boonie McBone said:

An ambulance skin? How does that effect roleplay? It doesn’t. 

Woah yeah! Let’s get a cool skin so we can look at it while our screen is frozen from the lag! Great suggestion. I think you’re right. 

I just said one thing

1 minute ago, Shooter32073 said:

Gah chill bro

I just said one thing

2 minutes ago, Boonie McBone said:

An ambulance skin? How does that effect roleplay? It doesn’t. 

Woah yeah! Let’s get a cool skin so we can look at it while our screen is frozen from the lag! Great suggestion. I think you’re right. 

Come on guys no need to fight over this, there are ways both sides can win in these situations!

SMT have already stated numerous times that they can't do anything else to fix the lag. They spend money on the most expensive and powerful servers and try to minimize lag  by only accepting suggestions that do not contribute to higher pings. It's why many suggestions end up being denied because ping and lag is a priority. The major cause of lag on the server is due to the amount of vehicles spawned in, it's better to have these in than not. Overall SMT try their hardest to make the lag less noticeable and have had great success over past 6 months. Whilst lag is still present, it's much less noticeable compared to months ago. I think we should give SMT credit for this and be thankful for what they have done to help combat the issue.

This has been brought up countless times by community members and staff alike. SMT has already said that there sin't much in the way of lag that they can do. Many community members have come up with some good fixes.

Such as putting this code into console: gmod_mcore_test 1 ;mat_queue_mode 2 ;cl_threaded_bone_setup 1;r_3dsky 0

1 minute ago, Carpenter John said:

This has been brought up countless times by community members and staff alike. SMT has already said that there sin't much in the way of lag that they can do. Many community members have come up with some good fixes.

Such as putting this code into console: gmod_mcore_test 1 ;mat_queue_mode 2 ;cl_threaded_bone_setup 1;r_3dsky 0

Code does nothing on my end, but maybe it’s because I’ve always had that in my autoexec before I even joined the community

8 hours ago, Shooter32073 said:

+Support

IF

It can be done without removing anything that is used or is to be added to the server. I like the server like it is and I would like to see new things but nothing useful go.

btw this is the blandest suggestion I have seen.

2 hours ago, Josh H-Y. said:

SMT have already stated numerous times that they can't do anything else to fix the lag. They spend money on the most expensive and powerful servers and try to minimize lag  by only accepting suggestions that do not contribute to higher pings. It's why many suggestions end up being denied because ping and lag is a priority. The major cause of lag on the server is due to the amount of vehicles spawned in, it's better to have these in than not. Overall SMT try their hardest to make the lag less noticeable and have had great success over past 6 months. Whilst lag is still present, it's much less noticeable compared to months ago. I think we should give SMT credit for this and be thankful for what they have done to help combat the issue.

Could you give us suggestions on how to fix the lag. We really strive to fix the issue but we would like suggestions rather than just saying fix the lag. It would really help out. Also, there is a lot of different factors are reasons to why the server could be laggy for you. Your ping could depend on how far away you are from the server host. FPS lag could factor in.  or even client lag could be the case.

Wow

3 hours ago, Spection said:

Could you give us suggestions on how to fix the lag. We really strive to fix the issue but we would like suggestions rather than just saying fix the lag. It would really help out. Also, there is a lot of different factors are reasons to why the server could be laggy for you. Your ping could depend on how far away you are from the server host. FPS lag could factor in.  or even client lag could be the case.

Add a vehicle limit. Make officers ride with eachother, remove the cars in general, add a transporter that'll teleport you to where you want to go, get rid of ELS, get rid of player slots, get a new host

1 minute ago, Rhenic said:

1. Don't think you can

2. We encourage it already

3. What about those who have purchased custom cars for their classes?

4. How does a teleportation device make any sense at all on an RP server?

5. How are cops supposed to pull people over?

6. The lag was worse months ago when we had only about 70 slots.

7. We have the best host already.

1. You can

2. Well make it a rule

3. I think they’d rather be able to play than to drive their $80 car around

4. How does teleporting because of lag make any sense on a rp server

5. “Sir, pull over”

6. Probably because we didn’t have the “best host”. 

7. Sure doesn’t seem like it. 

Look I don’t mean to argue. It’s just activating that you can’t play that game correctly without teleporting and lagging. I’ve only run a server once and I had no part in the “server” part. I had no connection or management with the hosts and payment to the hosts. So I don’t know what to do, but I’m just suggesting something be done. 

2 minutes ago, Rhenic said:

I think we already have a limit on how many cars per person (1). I think OFCs can't drive because it reduces lag. I have 2 custom cars and I can play perfectly fine, I don't know about the others, though. Teleporting across the map makes no sense. Teleporting because of ping issues is OOC. The voice range isn't big enough to say "Sir, pull over." I don't think we have changed hosts in a long time. According to SMT and EMT, we have the best host. 

I don't mean to argue either, but when a few people complain about lag vs the entire server not complaining about lag, it has to be a personal issue.

^^^^^^^^