ELS Light change suggestion. - Denied

soup95

What you want to see? -  A new ELS lighting system that reflects more and like how it works in real life.

Why should we add it? - Because I feel like the current one dosent look great kinda old and I think its time.

What are the advantages of having this? - More realism.

Who is it mainly for? - Gov.

Links to any content - https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=339648087

PoliceRP Moderator.

PD MSGT,SS SA,USMS DSAC,DF PVT,EMS PM

Previous: USMS CMA,SS DD, Police RP SNR Mod.

-Support

This is not a priority in my mind. I think the cars need work done before the lights do. Do not see a reason to add this as of now. While it could possibly look better by a small amount, the work required is just not worth it in my opinion. 

Hunt:

Former: Shadow Legacy Senior Command | S.W.A.T | PD Command | State Command | C.E.R.T Command | FBI | SRT | E.M.S Command

Former: Administrator for Police RP | Forums Diplomat

-/+ Support More -Support

The reason for the - part is because photon can be easily abused with certain light bar patterns and tends to be something we don't really look at most of the time. 

We would need to change alot of cars. While Photon does have within the last few months gotten more cars and trucks that use it I do believe that it would lead to a mess. 

I will say one perk is this system imo is more RP styled and interesting. 

At the end of the day I would like photon but I don't see why the server would switch back to photon. 
I will say this that in some recuirtment pictures for departments they do use this engine. 

Previous Positions: Ex-Death Trooper | Ex- Inferno Squad Leader | Retired HRT LT | Retired FBI DCOS | Retired FBI FTO DD | Retired PD Major 

Current Positions: SRT Member spacer.png

On 3/28/2023 at 8:54 PM, HuntR said:

-Support

This is not a priority in my mind. I think the cars need work done before the lights do. Do not see a reason to add this as of now. While it could possibly look better by a small amount, the work required is just not worth it in my opinion. 

On 3/28/2023 at 9:40 PM, [GL] Locus said:

The reason for the - part is because photon can be easily abused with certain light bar patterns and tends to be something we don't really look at most of the time. 

We would need to change alot of cars. While Photon does have within the last few months gotten more cars and trucks that use it I do believe that it would lead to a mess. 

At the end of the day I would like photon but I don't see why the server would switch back to photon. 
I will say this that in some recuirtment pictures for departments they do use this engine. 

Currently: PoliceRP Super Admin / JMT, Senior Forum Diplomat, PD MAJ 1L93, EMS Chief Car 1, FBI AD RA13, HRT CPT LC2, SRT MAJ 1X33, State LT 1H11, SL Boss (Family Head)

Ex ImperialRP: Super Admin / JMT and Senior Forum Diplomat, DT VCMDR RU8/ TI-23 L21, 69th/ MC VCMDR and first ever ParaRescue Lead Marshal and last Rescue Squadron Marshal, Lord I, Purge CPL, IC CSVL SSS DME 2LT Maroon, Shock SPC/ SGT/ MSGT, K2S8 SK385, Pyke Muscle II JSR RussTime

DMs are always open (russtime)

On 3/29/2023 at 12:40 PM, [GL] Locus said:

On 3/28/2023 at 10:40 PM, [GL] Locus said:

On 3/28/2023 at 10:40 PM, [GL] Locus said:

Retired_Signature.png?ex=662460ac&is=662

-Support.

Photon sucks for server performance.

Only a few cars on the server actually work with photon. In order for us to use photon, most of the cars would have to be switched out for photon car packs.

Current

Chief of Police || Police RP Super Admin

Retired

State Police Colonel || EMS Chief || CERT Commander || DOC Warden || SRT Captain || Head Dispatcher || SWAT Sargeant First Class || DF CPL

Denied. The SMT team for this server has decided against adding this suggestion for performance reasons, the benefit to the server, or another unstated reason.

PoliceRP - Retired Manager

Retired SWAT Commander | UMC