General Suggestion - Degrading Electrical Boxes - Denied

krberry

How do you feel about this suggestion?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about this suggestion

• +support
    • -support

What are you suggesting? - I’m suggesting that we add multiple “electrical boxes” (potentially 7 for reasons I will explain in a minute) around the site, these boxes would have a durability of 100, every minute, these boxes would degrade by 1 durability, once these boxes reach 0, their associated system would shut down, either lights for EZ, LCZ, and HCZ, Tesla systems for EZ, LCZ, and HCZ, and full site lockdown. These systems could either be in their respective zone (LCZ Tesla box being in LCZ) or could be randomized elsewhere (LCZ Tesla box being in EZ). If possible these would be implemented into the maintenance tablets on a separate menu to show the durability of the 7 boxes

How would this change better the server? -  I believe this change would better the server as it would give more events for the server as well as giving maintenance more routine things to do, and encourage more Utility patrols into areas such as HCZ and EZ

Are there any disadvantages of making this change to the server? If so, explain. - It would possibly make regaining the server at later hours a bit of a hassle, although if possible this could be circumvented by making the degradation based off of amount of players/maintenance online (f.e. with 0 maintenance on the degradation could be slowed to 1 point every 5 minutes)

Who would this change mostly benefit? - It would benefit maintenance as it would give more routine things to do other than trash and it could possibly benefit the server as a whole by giving a small event when maintenance are lacking

Please link any workshop content, screenshots, or anything that you think may be helpful to those who view this suggestion - I can’t think of anything currently but if you’d like more information then just lmk

Was this run by maint HCMD at all?

spacer.pngI keep a stiff upper lip and I shoot, shoot, shoot from the hip I got a stiff upper lip, come on baby.                                   

Retired Nu7 Captain/Maintenance OM

9 hours ago, krberry said:

No but Zeeptin told me to make a suggestion on it

Usually best to go to HCMD rather than the community owner 💀
HOWEVER
This is a really cool idea and I think this or something very similar too this would be a great addition to maintenance.

15 hours ago, Vuitheirt said:

Was this run by maint HCMD at all?

HCMD don't make developmental decisions obviously. And if they ain't like it they can say it here.

+Support pretty cool suggestion 

SCP-RP - Former: Moderator/ETSecurity SFTO SM, Research Researcher, MTF Alpha-1 Sgt, MTF Alpha-1 "Alpha-6", Noob-7 CplD5 RCT, R&D SIN, T-2 Blackjack, HFR, DHBI and E-11 DoFTO HCE SM | Current: CI Military DHLS SFTO SM 

Imperial-RP - Former - ModeratorRoyal Guard Senior Guard, Shadow Guard Lead, Stormtrooper 2LT, 501st MSG

It seems like it would be cool but it would be pretty annoying if teslas randomly turned on every 100 mins if maintenance forget to fix the boxes

Maintenance > other branches

Retired Head of Maintenance and Engineering

Former D5 2LT | Formerly RRH Logistics "OL-13" | Former Alpha-1 Captain 'Antarctica' Vulcan Award Winner |

Former Senior Admin/Forum Diplomat, Former Event Team Member

23 hours ago, Some Weeb said:

HCMD don't make developmental decisions obviously. And if they ain't like it they can say it here.

+Support pretty cool suggestion 

Maintenance HCMD literally runs the branch. Yes its a development idea but HCMD could easily deny this suggestion. Updates and things like this need to at least be informed to HCMD PRIOR to a forum post.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2023 at 3:20 AM, Hex-G said:

Usually best to go to HCMD rather than the community owner 💀
HOWEVER
This is a really cool idea and I think this or something very similar too this would be a great addition to maintenance.

Thinking back on it that does make more sense but this was during a discussion between Zeeptin and other members of command and I was told point blank to make a suggestion so I just went with that